Jetta 1.4TSi

Vicz

The 67K quote is the 1.6cc as I am sourcing currently. Their trade-in of old car is pretty low , do you have a good SE to recommend ?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Look for Raymond. He's one helluva knowledgeable guy for renault cars. Also he's a very lau chiao SE.

Y not consider a 1.8L civic for this price?

PS: R u intending to buy a megane in black? Seen alot of black meganes on the road. [sly]

Edited by Rickster

what is considered over price?

what is the benchmark for profit margin?

its all relative.

the fact that jap cars are cheaper to buy here is because the shipping cost is lower (distance from japan to sin versus from europe to sin is at least 2000 nautical miles difference.... multiply that with fuel cost now... you get the picture) for the car and parts.

the reverse is in Europe where jap cars are slightly more expensive or about the same as the equivalent contis. that's why most europeans buy their own contis as parts are easily available and mechanics are more familiar with their cars there.

its all relative.

Is it not true that the OMV of a car includes all costs associated with bringing the car into Singapore? If so, what are you talking about?

Thanks for your info . I do not want as a Black but a ligh and bright colour , any recommend ? I am also looking at the Megane tour 1.6 but there is no promo now and the price is 78K. Can I quote your name when I approcah Raymond for a quote ?

Rdgs

vw claims to test car in extreme high temperate condition like dubai, so our climate is nothing

no ,not about climate but whether the turbo can sustain the long distance high boost .

The engine is a plus - SC + TC. But that's where the benefits ends.

If you calculate the savings from petrol and road tax, its does not make economical sense to get this car. You are paying more into VW's pockets than benefiting yourself.

All VWs come with 3 yrs/ 100,000km Warranty from this month onward. The older ones have a 3rd year extension option available.

The Passat is a better choice overall due to other factors like interior " upclassness" (excuse the poor english), image, interior space, etc....

What i mean to say is, if you wanna get a car in this budget range, you can consider more executive cars like Legacy, passat etc..

IMHO, you probably do not need such a powerful car in Singapore in such start stop traffic. A comfortable one is more my ticket.

No offense to Jetta/ golf owners. I drive a VW too. Just my opinion.

I think it is a general misconception that you don't need a powerful car in start stop traffic. It is with our type of traffic that you need the power [laugh] you need to be able to change lane fast especially when there are pple who refuse to give way...

Hypersonic
Not too sure about the A-class but this car does look like good value, good build I believe, low rd tax, 0-100 8+sec, reasonable FC. [nod]

then again the maintenance cost of it's supercharger and turbo charger is a concern too ?

I wonder whether can it sustain the long distance high rev drive for hours ?

I don't think long distance high rev drive will be a problem for TSI engine. Don't forget that speed at Germany Autobann is much higher NSHW.

I drove there afew times, traveling at 160 - 180km/h is consider slow at Autobann.

I think it is a general misconception that you don't need a powerful car in start stop traffic. It is with our type of traffic that you need the power you need to be able to change lane fast especially when there are pple who refuse to give way...

I've the same thought too. How to overtake fast and safe if your car 0-100Km/h is no good?

Regards,

It is with our type of traffic that you need the power [laugh] you need to be able to change lane fast especially when there are pple who refuse to give way...

you do not need lots of power. you need lots of low end torque. like peak torque around 1500rpm.

Neutral Newbie

Wise words....wise words..........

for the brand. if you are having power in mind+space

go for Passat 1.8T, or Legacy GT.

Neutral Newbie

while u are at it. why not even suggest Phaeton 1.4TSI or FSI?

[laugh]

The should bring in the Passat 1.4TSI.

And if it's priced below 100k, i'm sure it'll sell well in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement