Jetta 1.4TSi

Vicz

Frankly speaking , based on the jetta price and compare to the rest of the 2.0l sedan like toyota and honda, i think that the 1.4 TSI jetta is worth it.

The power is better than them and the booth space is as big as their and the road tax is cheaper and somemore you are taking a conti compare to the japanese

But obviously singaporeans still prefer big jap cars over the jetta.

For most locals, reliability & brand reputation is important.

Unfortunately, VW is never known for reliability.

Edited by Redboy
↡ Advertisement

Wow ! The pic look very chio !

I have seen one on the road, it kinda looks squashed though. Jetta is one car where it looks nicer on the pics. However, if zhng it up, quite nice.

Fiat T-Jet used on the 500 Abarth, Grande Punto Abarth and Bravo.

The TSI used on the Jetta endowed it with a 0-100km/h in 8.1 secs but on a Golf GT it is 7.7 seconds !

Got company do ecu remap such that the hp increase from 170hp to 200hp and torque increase from 240Nm to 300Nm ! That's mighty impressive from a 1.4 litre engine.

I think the trend is towards smaller CC engine that can give the power of a bigger CC engine. In effect, you get the best of both worlds.

the major thing is the depreciation, which is bad for brands like VW

the OMV value of the car is quite low comparitively

although it is a revoluntary engine, if u are lead footed, the FC i hear is not that impressive....better than GTI of course, but similar to a 2.0 if u drive hard - which the car kinda encourages u to

when u try to sell the car away after 3 years of use, be prepared for massive loss...

the second hand car dealers will probably take it back at a shockingly low price....

2nd hand car owners would have to worry about high costs of maintaining the TSI engine and high cost in euros of the parts....

seriously, it is a good car, the jap 2.4 camry for the same price will offer u a lower total running cost at the end of the day

Neutral Newbie

The omv is not that low right, The jetta 1.6A is having a OMV of 20k already so the TSI should be 25k to 30k (my guess)

Edited by Frozebite

yup. Too bad VW over-price this car.

If only price is in 80-85K range, perhaps can consider.

But ignoring price factor, I'd say Jetta TSi is great car.

It is very torquey which makes it so easy to pull away from any speed.

I feel this car can give turbo taxis a run for their money! [sly]

if 80k would be a good buy.. hahahha [laugh][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
During warrenty they repair the items but they will charge you for the parts right

So far, i did not pay any replacements before. I changed a couple of CD changers, a couple of micro switches at the boot, my cup holder, my the catch in the glove box. All free.

Yah, an amazing engine, so much torque from only a 1.4 litre engine leh.

If you drive it sedately, should get very good FC. However, if you drive pedal to the floor, expect the same kind of FC as a much bigger engine, in this case, probably a 2.5litre engine FC.

Neutral Newbie
the major thing is the depreciation, which is bad for brands like VW

the OMV value of the car is quite low comparitively

although it is a revoluntary engine, if u are lead footed, the FC i hear is not that impressive....better than GTI of course, but similar to a 2.0 if u drive hard - which the car kinda encourages u to

when u try to sell the car away after 3 years of use, be prepared for massive loss...

the second hand car dealers will probably take it back at a shockingly low price....

2nd hand car owners would have to worry about high costs of maintaining the TSI engine and high cost in euros of the parts....

seriously, it is a good car, the jap 2.4 camry for the same price will offer u a lower total running cost at the end of the day

The FC is definitely not as good for any force-induction cars. u can never have best of both world. if u want FC, never go for such cars, if u want power & torque at reasonable cost, it is one as compared to any others like evo or WRX, which are more hardcore. A camry and a jetta, can never be compared on par, these two are different in objectives.

Bro, u are definitely a jap supporter, my experience from my previous japs (4 of them) don't seem to be anywhere cheaper as compared to my current VW. [:p] a lot of people tends to be very stereotypical on their thinking on conti's maintenance....perhaps in the 90s but i don't think the difference is much in these days. At least i never experienced that.

Wa sop good ah, After the ECU reamp the BHP got so much increase ah [thumbsup][thumbsup]

That's what is claimed, don't really know for sure whether is it really 185hp but can confirm that definitely more than stock.

Check out this Jetta TSI !

http://www.tuningnews.net/article/080110a/...racing-version/

They managed to remap the ecu so that now it gives 230hp ! Lao nuah !

↡ Advertisement