Jetta 1.4TSi

Vicz

Neutral Newbie

That would be a very good FC . your fuel tank is 58L and i presume that you will pump at 55l max. 800/55=14.55km/l. That is very good

Yah, let's hope that I really can get that FC !

I think the cool thing about the Bravo is if you drive very meekly, you are able to get fantastic FC due to the small engine capacity.

My previous ride, even though I drive in similar manner, best FC still around 9.5km/litre which for a 2.5v6 is actually very good !

Neutral Newbie
For me i drive lancer 1.6m my fc is about 11 nbow also. So i think that it does not really make a difference

Bro, you got a heavy right foot. I driving the same car as you. My fc is abt 15km/litre

Neutral Newbie

I work in town and 50% road and 50% highway change gear at 3k rpm. Last time it was 13.5km/l but after i change the tyre it become 12.5 and recently it droped to 11km/l

tell me which jap car with omv 24k price range 80-85k

when COE is lower?? [laugh][laugh]

sometimes car OMV can mysteriously fall over the years for the same model and then sold at 80+k.. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

very much got to do with the places u go and where u stay actually. Last time when i was staying at CCK, i was driving my jazz then, i get 15-16, when i shifted to a denser area, i tend to use less expressways and at times, certain area gets congestion so, i actually used to get at most 14 only. since my NB now gives about 10+, i believe if i stay areas where i can have free flow traffic and expressways, it should give about 11-12+.

Bro the turbo kick in at 3k+ rpm, the super charger is at work when below this 3k+ rpm.

Imho this is a good car with the new engine technology despite the slightly higher than expected pricing from VSG. The lower road tax also helps to offset the car price. Power output from this tiny engine coupled with the 6 speed DSG is amazing. Yes there might be a slight lag in performance when below 1.5k rpm due to it being just a 1.4l engine, however it more than make up for that small flaw when the rpm climbs above 1.8k rpm. The pull is strong and the DSG works so well that you dont feel much jerk during gear change.

Noise level is high when compared to normal sedan but its not that much till it'll make you feel noisy. I actually like the sound or maybe noise coming from the engine. For people who prefer a quiet ride, i'll say get a lexus or Camry etc but does running cost of both cars are higher that VW TSi and does it give you that kind of pull when you floor your throttle?

FC wise, if you drive it like a normal 1.4l car, the FC can be as good as 13l+ per 100km. When driven hard and fast like a 2.5l car, the FC will be about 10l per 100km. Its good in the sense whereby you get to choose whether you want good FC or driving satisfaction.

Handling is good and the conti feeling is there but just that the brakes are a bit soft in my opinion. Eqiupment level could be higher for cars from VSG. PI offer better specs VW cars but warranty might be an issue.

I drive a Golf GT and am loving every minutes when am behind the steering wheel.

The above are solely my personal opinion, please dont flame me if anyone disagree hor.

[;)]

firstly most of the jap 2.0litre car omv is about 21-22k omv....secondly, they dropped lowest till about 86k if my memory did not fail me.

so to ask for that type of price, looks like asking for the skylaugh.gif

Guys, Jetta 1.4 Turbo is actually a Golf GT with a backside. If pple can accept price of 98-99K for the Golf GT, no reason for them to complain the 1.4 turbo Jetta at 94K as expensive.. [;)]

I drive a Golf GT and am loving every minutes when am behind the steering wheel.

Nope, am driving the Golf GT which uses TSi engine as well.

Edited by Jlkl

Neutral Newbie

Bro how long have you been driving the car? What is the average FC like and the maintainance like for 1k servicing 15k servicing and 30 k servicing? Thanks

↡ Advertisement