Hyundai starex

Sam_wong_cm

This morning saw a White starex Taxis. Is big and nice .. Is it in the Showroom. Come July came consider it as the Govt reduce the Tax for it for private use. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

reduce diesel tax?

YES ...

or road tax?

Yes ...

regardless, its too van like.

I think is still better looking then some other MPV that is Van looking too.

i prefer the likes of estima etc

Of course if money is not an issue ..

The BEST part is more than enough space for Lagguage and CNG tank.

Hypersonic

Saw one used by comfortDelgro as Maxi Cab on the road yesterday. Seems like comfort had replace all the taxi with Hyundai.

Blue taxi - Sonata

Premium - Azera

Maxi Cab - Starex

Sonata is very much more comfortable than the old toyota crown but premium taxi I still prefer MB.

Cheaper for them to buy those premium and maxi-cab but taxi price increase. [thumbsdown][furious]

anyone bought the Starex recently as family vehicle? any reviews?

been seeing more Starex in MY recently... 

I test drove it.

And rented it twice for vacations in Australia.

It's huge, with luggage space more than almost all MPVs, for 3 rows). Maybe only Merc Viano got fight.

It drives like a van, though.

Acceleration is barely ok, and it doesn't fly off from stationary. 

FC was so so only.

I test drove it.

It's huge, with luggage space more than almost all MPVs, for 3 rows). Maybe only Merc Viano got fight.

FC was so so only.

thanks! maybe should go Komoco for test drive but a bit put off by the price...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12067

this MPV side-mirrors lights damn irritating.

blinding drivers driving beside the MPV

I am referring to Malaysia registered vehicle.

I havnt see any registered Singapore vehicle before. 

I test drove it.

FC was so so only.

OK you look like the right person ask this.

I believe in Australia this ride is called Imax. I am renting this for the 11 days for 4A4C in Tasmania this November. May I know if the boot is good enough to put 2 of those big lugguages? Think 30"? Also can the second and 3rd row seats slide forward and backward to adjust for space?

Many TIA.

thanks! maybe should go Komoco for test drive but a bit put off by the price...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_overview.php?CarCode=12067

oh yes, the price is ridiculous.

i think i wrote something on this in the MPV thread after i tested it about a year ago.

The MPV (not bus option) was priced around $170k, and they were positioning it to be in the league of Alphard. The SE was lamenting that it doesn't sell becos singaporeans are brand conscious so will choose Toyota over Hyundai... All these when the OMV was really low (can't remember exact figure, but it was definitely below $30k.

I was like... for the low OMV and basic features, and they were positioning it to be on par with Alphard, Elgrand etc... Except for the space, there is nothing at all that comes close to the standards of Alphard, Elgrand, Ody, Sharan, Estima, etc. Maybe even lose to the triplets, step wagon too.

I would consider it only if it's priced around Biante level, or lower.

oh yes, the price is ridiculous.

i think i wrote something on this in the MPV thread after i tested it about a year ago.

The MPV (not bus option) was priced around $170k, and they were positioning it to be in the league of Alphard. The SE was lamenting that it doesn't sell becos singaporeans are brand conscious so will choose Toyota over Hyundai... All these when the OMV was really low (can't remember exact figure, but it was definitely below $30k.

I was like... for the low OMV and basic features, and they were positioning it to be on par with Alphard, Elgrand etc... Except for the space, there is nothing at all that comes close to the standards of Alphard, Elgrand, Ody, Sharan, Estima, etc. Maybe even lose to the triplets, step wagon too.

I would consider it only if it's priced around Biante level, or lower.

yes bro i saw your post. no wonder i dont see it on the road, other than those from MY. 

since Biante is around 130k, i dont think it is possible that Starex price can drop by 30k - 40k haha... 

• Praise 1

OK you look like the right person ask this.

I believe in Australia this ride is called Imax. I am renting this for the 11 days for 4A4C in Tasmania this November. May I know if the boot is good enough to put 2 of those big lugguages? Think 30"? Also can the second and 3rd row seats slide forward and backward to adjust for space?

Many TIA.

ha ha, yes, bro. I guess i'm qualified  [laugh]

We arranged for a MPV with driver to take us around when we went Taiwan 5 yr ago. We were given a Starex. 4 yr ago, went Gold Coast, self drove, rented MPV, and given iMax. Then last year went Perth, booked late and luckily still managed to get a Estima. But on arrival, we were given an iMax and we took it.

The boot is huge. Confirmed can put. We (4A2C) had

- 1 x 30" (the large one, i think it's 30")

- 3 x 26" (the medium one)

- 2 x 22" (the small one)

Only needed to stack one or both of the small ones on top of the rest. Still can stack a few more if necessary. 

Only 2nd row can slide forward/backward, but I think there's only 2 or 3 positions, but it was better than the one in Taiwan, which only had 2 positions, which were either too far forward (not comfortable for 2nd row), or too far backward (not comfortable for 3rd row). The positions in the Aust ones were still ok for both 2nd and 3rd rows. 

Trivials: The platform is high for iMax. If you have anyone in your group who can't climb too high, then it might need some precaution. My mother had knee problems and had problem in the first 2 trips, and required help getting up/down. After the first trip, we brought one of those  low Ikea stool with us for the 2nd trip, and let her use it whenever need to get up/down. Just before the last trip, she did the second of her knee ops, and by then was able to slowly climb up/down herself.

one more thing: if you're planning to travel long distance, it might be good to bring some cloths to use as curtain on the 2nd row windows. For 3rd row, the windows are those clip type that allows one side to have a small opening. best to use newspapers with masking tape instead. There was one day we drove a few hundred kms, and my son was grumbling throughout as the sun was shining directly at him for about 1.5 hr late morning, and 1.5 hr in the afternoon (when we were going in reverse direction).

yes bro i saw your post. no wonder i dont see it on the road, other than those from MY. 

since Biante is around 130k, i dont think it is possible that Starex price can drop by 30k - 40k haha... 

[thumbsup]

Got some. But they are all registered with C or P plates, not the normal passenger car plates lor...

i'll be mad to pay that type of money for such basic specs (that komoco brought in here)...

i saw on youtube there's some really luxurious options. Those can fight with Alphards, but not the basic one komoco brought in lah...

Alphard/Vellfire can be used as limos. Starex here can only be used as a mini bus... See the difference?  [lipsrsealed]  (komoco apparently doesn't...)

• Praise 2

ha ha, yes, bro. I guess i'm qualified [laugh]

We arranged for a MPV with driver to take us around when we went Taiwan 5 yr ago. We were given a Starex. 4 yr ago, went Gold Coast, self drove, rented MPV, and given iMax. Then last year went Perth, booked late and luckily still managed to get a Estima. But on arrival, we were given an iMax and we took it.

The boot is huge. Confirmed can put. We (4A2C) had

- 1 x 30" (the large one, i think it's 30")

- 3 x 26" (the medium one)

- 2 x 22" (the small one)

Only needed to stack one or both of the small ones on top of the rest. Still can stack a few more if necessary.

Only 2nd row can slide forward/backward, but I think there's only 2 or 3 positions, but it was better than the one in Taiwan, which only had 2 positions, which were either too far forward (not comfortable for 2nd row), or too far backward (not comfortable for 3rd row). The positions in the Aust ones were still ok for both 2nd and 3rd rows.

Trivials: The platform is high for iMax. If you have anyone in your group who can't climb too high, then it might need some precaution. My mother had knee problems and had problem in the first 2 trips, and required help getting up/down. After the first trip, we brought one of those low Ikea stool with us for the 2nd trip, and let her use it whenever need to get up/down. Just before the last trip, she did the second of her knee ops, and by then was able to slowly climb up/down herself.

one more thing: if you're planning to travel long distance, it might be good to bring some cloths to use as curtain on the 2nd row windows. For 3rd row, the windows are those clip type that allows one side to have a small opening. best to use newspapers with masking tape instead. There was one day we drove a few hundred kms, and my son was grumbling throughout as the sun was shining directly at him for about 1.5 hr late morning, and 1.5 hr in the afternoon (when we were going in reverse direction).

[thumbsup]

Bro, thanks for the prompt and detail reply. Really appreciate it.

Think I better bring along a roll of masking tape and buy newspaper over there haha.

• Praise 1

[thumbsup]

Got some. But they are all registered with C or P plates, not the normal passenger car plates lor...

i'll be mad to pay that type of money for such basic specs (that komoco brought in here)...

i saw on youtube there's some really luxurious options. Those can fight with Alphards, but not the basic one komoco brought in lah...

Alphard/Vellfire can be used as limos. Starex here can only be used as a mini bus... See the difference?  [lipsrsealed]  (komoco apparently doesn't...)

really dunno what Komoco is thinking...  [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement