Which brand is better, Chery or Geely?

Siyexcalibur

I am thinking of getting a second car, but cannot decide between Chery or Geely. Which car is better, more value for money, better after sales support?

↡ Advertisement

Geely has fewer models as compared to Chery.Which brand is better? I think both needs some time to improve on their quality. Y not ger a korean car if your budget allows?

DK drives a Chery 168.

Chery 168 is based on VW A2 platform.

Car & Driver tested the stock 1992 Golf Jetta GL, and got 0.83gs on the skidpad. For comparison, a 2006 BMW 330i also got 0.83gs on the skidpad.

However the Singapore model uses the older Ford engine and not the newer engine.

Also no automatic version available, have to relearn driving a manual car.

Any one has experience with Chery A5, or Geely CK?

I am thinking of getting a second car, but cannot decide between Chery or Geely. Which car is better, more value for money, better after sales support?

PM DK ..aka Driftking

If budget dun allow japanese or korean car, can consider malaysian car also..

Proton Gen2 and Savy are quite popular in Taiwan and I doubt Chinese cars survived in Taiwan. So go for proton. Recently there was a review between Ford Focus and Gen2 in one fo those popular Taiwanese car magazines. Gen2 review not bad [thumbsup].

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

In my opinion..Geerly is better...especially the MK...

I drove a Hyundai Sonata (SDD plate) some years back, bought about 8 years back and sold 3.5 years ago. It gave me so much trouble that I swore I will never touch a Korean car again. I drove about 33 thousand kms a year. You cannot imagine the amount of problems I faced, brakes, engine, alternator, air-con, power windows, went in and out of Komoco for warranty claims during the first three years, continue to face numerous problems after warranty, after the last breakdown, I scrapped the car. Gotten really really scared of Korean Car (first car Nissan, second car Proton, third car Hyundai, fourth car Nissan )

The Fuel consumption of the Sonata was 9km/l compared to my Nissan Primera at 10+ km/l. Also the handling is quite poor, no problem making the wheels skid when I turned a bit faster.

bro, i think u WERE just unlucky. plus maybe the older hyundais were just starting out. i think u should give hyundai a 2nd chance. they r much better now. i own a korean car before & i just luved my old car. it didn't give me any major problems. i have a number of colleagues/frens driving sonata. they all have only praises for it.

if u buy a chinese made car now, i think u may face even more frustration than ur old sonata.

cheers! ...and good luck!

↡ Advertisement