Search
Solvent throttle body cleaning

• Search this thread
26 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:40 PM

Fitzy
  • Fitzy
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bros, just a question, what solvent could be use safety to clean TB? Is carb cleaner safe?

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Adawang
  • Premium member
    Adawang
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

had bad exp with carb cleaner
mech used it to clean TB
after some months, opened to check and found TB all black with soot
best is to dismantle and wipe clean.

Edited by Adawang, 14 March 2008 - 10:15 PM.

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

Carb cleaner is good enough
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

after some months sure got soot one, it's due to the blow-by of the PCV system lah!

That's the reason you need to clean the TB after sometime
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:52 PM

Adawang
  • Premium member
    Adawang
    5th Gear

but i ever dismantle before, on previous car, no soot leh
puzzled confused.gif confused.gif

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:09 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

depends where the blow-by is connected, some is between TB and air fliter box, some is inside the air filter box and very close to the air filter with another sponge to catch the oil
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

Fitzy
  • Fitzy
    3rd Gear

Read on some website that carb cleaner are to strong but majority of people in sg does use carb cleaner to clean TB. Are the specific cleaner for throttle body or other mild solvent that could be use?

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:42 PM

Adawang
  • Premium member
    Adawang
    5th Gear

oic, thnks

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:26 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

As long as you don't soak the TB in a pail of Carb Cleaner can liao, just spray and wipe off the carbon/soot/oil deposit
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

no prob
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 15 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

Upguy1
  • Upguy1
    3rd Gear

TB must clean one meh?? i thought do not touch TB unless you want to zhng sly.gif sweatdrop.gif
================================================================================
=======
`03-1azfe-2.0-vvti-dohc
amaron/pivot/ngk iridium/simota/blitz/stebel/VPHB4/michelinPP2/16"/3075tint
================================================================================
=======

Posted 15 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged

Yes some Carb cleaner solution will damage the hot wire and coating on the throttle bore.Try using electronic contact cleaner
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:52 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

most of the engine nowadays have blow-by from the PCV, this normally will blow off oil fumes from the cam cover during high load (rpm) and will get coated onto the TB.
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

Linus
  • Linus
    2Fast2Furious

yes ah kor, i use carb cleaner. works for my 323. after cleaning, the throttle is very responsive. thumbsup.gif

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious

of course, all the soot and dirt remove, flow is better. It'll be good if you enlarge the bore and smooth it out just like what I've done

my ride now still N.A. but have already done IHE liao, just added MSD CDI last week

have you read my thread http://www.mycarforu...2268673#2268673

Edited by Vtim, 15 March 2008 - 03:11 PM.

宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Linus
  • Linus
    2Fast2Furious

can polish with autosol ? sly.gif

poison poison... sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif tongue.gif

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

Relagsingh
  • Premium member
    Relagsingh
    Turbocharged

Hi bros, just a question, what solvent could be use safety to clean TB? Is carb cleaner safe?

juz use good ol' petrol... best liao. but dun smoke and clean at the same time!

bounce1.gif bounce1.gif bounce1.gif bounce1.gif bounce1.gif
.:.:.:.:.::: Shoot the driver... Not the car :::.:.:.:.:.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

Gunsnroses
  • Gunsnroses
    Neutral Newbie

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Can we dun remove whole TB to clean? Just remove front portion and spray spray inside.

Of course all the dirt, oil,etc will go in but shd not be that harmful rite?

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

Relagsingh
  • Premium member
    Relagsingh
    Turbocharged

oh no better not!

the most dirty end is the side connected to the manifold. you spray solvent inside, all the dirt and grime will accumulate at the other end. this will be harmful.

best is to remove the whole thing. its pretty simple as long you take note of the dismantling procedure so you wun be a blur sotong when fixing it back.
.:.:.:.:.::: Shoot the driver... Not the car :::.:.:.:.:.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

Gunsnroses
  • Gunsnroses
    Neutral Newbie

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Hehe. Ya but because once I went to a workshop, he quoted me 2 pricing to clean TB.

1. Remove whole TB, clean.
2. Remove front only and spray spray spray.

Hehe price difference half. And since mechanic can recommend so I think it's ok. laugh.gif

Edited by Gunsnroses, 15 March 2008 - 04:28 PM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users