Toyota ISIS

English5b

Hi,

Does anyone had their auto-sliding door cable broken? In my isis, the cable got very loose and got cut already. Need some advise on which workshops can repair this.

Thanks.

Hi, I didn't have that problem. Perhaps you may want to look up Ricardo at Sin Ming?
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi

I intend to renew my ISIS coe.

any idea if ISIS and Wish has the same engine and gearbox?  cos in the market, easier to find Wish engine and gearbox than ISIS, which is very rare.

thank you

(edited)

am curious about this car:

1) how is the fuel consumption?

2) does the sliding door power get broken easily and can you pull it manually?

3) are the parts expensive and easy to find in malaysia?

4) Is this a CVT or normal conventional gear box?

5) 4 speed or 5 speed?

Edited by Metalslug2

am curious about this car:

1) how is the fuel consumption?

2) does the sliding door power get broken easily and can you pull it manually?

3) are the parts expensive and easy to find in malaysia?

4) Is this a CVT or normal conventional gear box?

5) 4 speed or 5 speed?

Based on my 10 years ownership:

1. Easily 12 to 14+ km/ltr. But this is subjective. Ask 10 pax and you'll get 8 different answers.

2. No issue at all. Yes, switch the power door off and you can operate it manually.

3. Some common engine parts with Wish. Didn't have any issue with parts. I believe this model is not available in Malaysia.

4. Normal gearbox

5. Five, I believe. 

• Praise 1

Based on my 10 years ownership:

1. Easily 12 to 14+ km/ltr. But this is subjective. Ask 10 pax and you'll get 8 different answers.

2. No issue at all. Yes, switch the power door off and you can operate it manually.

3. Some common engine parts with Wish. Didn't have any issue with parts. I believe this model is not available in Malaysia.

4. Normal gearbox

5. Five, I believe. 

Thank you! 

Cos I saw someone saying the brake pads costs $200+ and that is really quite pricey. 

Yes also I confirmed that this model is not available in Malaysia. So is good, if drive in, nobody wants it haha. 

I suppose for a Toyota is pretty straightforward to service. Not like my previous Latio...

Its a trusty workhorse, very low cost maintenance (less than $100 for routine service). Would have bought another Isis if they had a totally new model change. The only thing I don't like about it is that the third row seats fold down. Fold up and to the side is better. Bought an Esquire instead.

Thanks!

Just to check

1) is it running on timing chain or belt?

2) 4 speed should be higher fuel comsumption right?

3) any major issue to be highlighted? hope the parts really reasonable price

Thanks!

Just to check

1. Should be belt (but I'm not certain).

2. FC is great. Easily above 12km/l. Can't remember if its 4 or 5 though.

3. Nothing. Low cost, problem free workhorse.

Thanks!

Just to check

This should be a good car. Not the exact same one now, but in 06, i tested ISIS, Wish and Stepwagon before eventually buying the Wish, as I was kiasi and worried about parts availability. I mean like car body parts, not engine - as it shared the same engine as Wish (so has the same FC on paper).

Over the (11) years, i did replace the rear bumper twice after people knocked into me, but otherwise, never required major body parts change, so it's not a big concern, if you're a safe driver.

But hor, I should highlight that in my carpark, got one ISIS, one of the sliding doors and the tailgate, have got very ugly dents+scratches. About 1 yr plus liao, and it's still like that. I suspect is because the car is quite old, and maybe the family got new drivers, so is prone to knocks, therefore decided not to replace/repair. Else if it's due to parts availability, also cannot take so long...

Is this mpv worth to renew coe?

5 years or 10 years?

How do I post attachment pictures here?

gentle reminder to SEARCH in future as you started threads a few times that already exist.

I merged your thread on ISIS here

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm from Jakarta. I drive ISIS since 2016.Bought it brand new. Its a great car. Good power with its big body, comfort and quiet efficient.

This last couple of mont, I facing this trouble... Engine suddenly off. All the indicator panel on the dashboard is off and cannot start at all. Its like the electricity is cut off. But the power window stilk can fungtion normally, the air conditioniner blower also fungtion. So definitely is not from the battery.

The strange part is... if you leave it for couple hour, the system back to normal. When you turn the ignition to acc and start... it works normally.

I already check to local service station. They scan the car and they found nothing wrong. Even there's no record that the car having trouble lately on the scanner.

Its already 2 service station and they can't find the problems.

I wonder if somebody here has the same experience or maybe familiar with the problem maybe can give me some advice.

Apologies if I post kn wrong thread... :)

Thanks guys.

Supersonic

Hi, I'm from Jakarta. I drive ISIS since 2016.Bought it brand new. Its a great car. Good power with its big body, comfort and quiet efficient.

This last couple of mont, I facing this trouble... Engine suddenly off. All the indicator panel on the dashboard is off and cannot start at all. Its like the electricity is cut off. But the power window stilk can fungtion normally, the air conditioniner blower also fungtion. So definitely is not from the battery.

The strange part is... if you leave it for couple hour, the system back to normal. When you turn the ignition to acc and start... it works normally.

I already check to local service station. They scan the car and they found nothing wrong. Even there's no record that the car having trouble lately on the scanner.

Its already 2 service station and they can't find the problems.

I wonder if somebody here has the same experience or maybe familiar with the problem maybe can give me some advice.

Apologies if I post kn wrong thread... :)

Thanks guys.

Have you changed the car battery?

Neutral Newbie

Have you changed the car battery?

No I haven't.

Are you thinking about a low battery issue? Not sure about that. Because when it back to normal by it self, the engine can start normally without any difficulties.

Or what u mean is there's some kind of short circuit on the battery?

Supersonic

No I haven't.

Are you thinking about a low battery issue? Not sure about that. Because when it back to normal by it self, the engine can start normally without any difficulties.

Or what u mean is there's some kind of short circuit on the battery?

Maybe.

I suspect something might be wrong with the battery.

↡ Advertisement