Yet Another Car Catches Fire...

Typhoonz

Looks like it crashed before catching on fire?

Ya, crash and burn. The Honda Stream is a PHV, got passengers inside

↡ Advertisement

Looks like it crashed before catching on fire?

Very surprised to see that really. Stream is a reliable car . Believe is short circuit.

Car catches fire near Changi Airport, 5 injured

SINGAPORE: A car caught fire on Monday (Jul 24) after it crashed into a centre divider along Airport Boulevard. 

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to the accident at about 4pm and dispatched a fire engine, a Red Rhino, two fire bikes and two ambulances to the scene. 

The five people who had been in the vehicle were taken to Changi General Hospital with minor injuries, SCDF added. 

Channel NewsAsia understands that SCDF was already at the scene when the car started smoking.

The ensuing flames were put out with two compressed air foam backpacks and a water jet, said SCDF. The cause of the fire is under investigation, it added. 

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-catches-fire-near-changi-airport-5-injured-9058914?view=DEFAULT

• Praise 2

Supercharged
(edited)

CTE towards City / AYE direction also have one burning at Braddell road.

cte-towards-aye-fire.jpg

Edited by Eyke
  • Praise 2

Hypersonic

CTE towards City / AYE direction also have one burning at Braddell road.

cte-towards-aye-fire.jpg
This one damn fierce.

My friend's car also caught fire in an accident along BKE last month.  Their one-year-old car was totally burnt.  Everything in the car was gone.

I was shocked to learn the news but glad that no one was injured. 

Supercharged

My friend's car also caught fire in an accident along BKE last month.  Their one-year-old car was totally burnt.  Everything in the car was gone.

will the insurance replace car 1 for 1 or pay "market value"?

• Praise 1

I dun know leh.  I dare not ask them.  I only know that they went to LTA to file report, claim medical fee and did some paper work.

I'll ask them if got chance.

Turbocharged

I dun know leh. I dare not ask them. I only know that they went to LTA to file report, claim medical fee and did some paper work.

I'll ask them if got chance.

If I'm not wrong only AIG has that arrangement.
  • Praise 1

Paper value only. Car already gone where got pay on top of paper $

My friend's car also caught fire in an accident along BKE last month. Their one-year-old car was totally burnt. Everything in the car was gone.

Sorry to that. Any investigation by SCDF on the cause of fire? I suppose the accident/impact is not severe?
  • Praise 1

Sorry to that. Any investigation by SCDF on the cause of fire? I suppose the accident/impact is not severe?

Actually their car caught fire from boot and soon it spread to the whole car. The fire started after it was hit twice by the cars behind.

Supercharged
(edited)

What is insurance for if only paper value?

When u covered under comprehensive/3rd Party, Fire & Theft: fire is covered.

Unless u only cover 3rd Party, then fire not covered.

Edited by Eyke

Supercharged

"If your car is damaged beyond economical repair, stolen or destroyed by fire, the insurer will compensate you by sending you a cheque for the market value of your vehicle at the time of loss. Some insurers will deliver a new car (of the same make & model) to you if your vehicle is still within the limited warranty period."

Twincharged
(edited)

My friend's car also caught fire in an accident along BKE last month. Their one-year-old car was totally burnt. Everything in the car was gone.

One thing I noticed a lot Singaporeans always like to pump petrol super full till the brim, some even petrol till almost overflow out of car when pump petrol in jb.

I always wonder, if they met into a big accident when petrol is super full till almost overflow, high chance may catch fire.

Don't know am I right or not. Hmm..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/ubers-auto-leasing-draws-added-scrutiny-after-safety-issues?xtor=EREC-16-1[sT_Newsletter_AM]-20170804-[uber+leased+1%2C000+defective+Honda+cars+in+Singapore+that+were+fire_prone%3A+WSJ]&xts=538291

(BLOOMBERG) - Uber Technologies Inc.'s auto-lending programme is facing new questions after the company leased cars prone to fires in Singapore.

The ride-hailing company borrowed capital from Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and other banks used to purchase more than 1,000 defective Honda Motor Co. vehicles from importers, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Uber managers in Singapore were aware that Honda had recalled the Vezel models when it bought and leased them to drivers, and at least one car burst into flames in January, the newspaper reported.

Uber said it took "swift action to fix the problem" after learning of the car fire and worked with Singapore officials on its response.

We acknowledge we could have done more-and we have done so," a spokesman for the company wrote in an e-mail.

"Since the beginning of the year, we've proactively responded to six vehicle recalls and will continue to do so to protect the safety of everyone who uses Uber."

Bloomberg reported last year that Uber's lease contracts shackled some subprime borrowers to vehicles they could not afford. The San Francisco-based company received a US$1 billion (S$1.4 billion) credit facility led by Goldman Sachs to fund the programme at the time.

In January, Uber paid US$20 million to settle a US Federal Trade Commission lawsuit, saying the company made false or misleading claims about its leasing programme, among other alleged violations. Uber didn't admit to or deny wrongdoing.

↡ Advertisement