Changes in CPF investment scheme

Neutral Newbie

Hi all bros/sis, really need some help here.. Im with the Schroders Asian Premium Bond Fund for nearly a year now. Recently Schroders sent me a letter regarding the above mentioned. It also stated tat the fund will not be able to accept CPF monies with effect from 1st April.

Problem is what it means when they say 'the fund will not be able to accept CPF monies'?

Thanks for ur help..

CHEERS!!! [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Because of the new CPF ruling which the 1st 20k in your Ordinary/Special Account will not be allowed to be invested. Whatever excess thereafter that, you are allowed to do so.

So most probably Schroders are trying to inform you of this new changes.

I think u got mixed up. What u say is correct on min 20K before u can invest the rest, how does schroder know how much CPF balance he has left.

For this case, the mentioned fund is taken out from list of CPF approved fund, becos it does not meet the low charging fee requirement set by CPF. So even if you have got more than 20K in CPF, u oso cannot buy this fund using CPF.

Neutral Newbie

I think the letter meant that this fund can not longer be bought using funds from CPF. Must use cash.

Since you have already invested your CPF money in the Schroders fund, there is no way CPF can take back the money. So you can keep this Schroders fund, it is just that this Schroders fund has been revised and can not longer accept investment using CPF money.

Even if you take out money from this fund, it also goes to the CPF investment account that you opened with the bank. You can still direct the money to other funds that allow you to use CPF money.any MORE CPF money

Neutral Newbie

Thks bros.. Which means tat the dividends i get would still be reinvested into the fund hor?? [rolleyes]

there's some guidelines for a fund to be included into cpf investment scheme. if the expense ratio exceeds certain no. it will be excluded. this is wat happened to ur schroders bond fund ...

↡ Advertisement