Renewal of motor lnsurance

Joanne76

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

my motor insurance is due on next month 27th but i have yet to receive the renewal letter from my insurance AIG, is it abnormal ? Cuz my road tax is due on the same date too, need to settle my insurance before renewal of my road tax. Anyone has this experience before ?Will it be too late to renewal my insurance now ?Any advise ?Thanks a lot

↡ Advertisement

Normal... my AXA also never send me any renewal letter. Look elsewhere. It's usually a blessing that you don't renew with the same company. Look for Guyver in this forum. His colleagues' and his services efficient and dedicated service will amaze you. The quotes he got for me for past years were impressively low. I have no complaints about him and instead I don't know how else I can better praise him for his services. Look for Guyver's posts and look for the Car Insurance URL link in his signature. Fill up the form and wait for his response.

By the way, his nick is Guyver but his real name is Clement. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Will it be too late if i start getting quotation from other sources ? I only left with less than a month to settle the renewal ?

Hope I'm not making things difficult for Guyver here by quoting my example. My insurance last year in 2007 was renewed within 3 days:

With my road tax valid till 3 April 2007, I started to panic and filled up his form only on 30 March. PMed him in this forum and received a call from him two days later, and over the phone he gave me the best quotes he could find and asked me for my preference. I made my decision on the phone and subsequently made payment to him via internet banking. The next day my insurance was done and I could renew my road tax on the subsequent day.

This is the efficiency and dedication I'm talking about. But of course on your part you have cooperate by making payment and decide quickly. Otherwise, the communications will still ding-dong about and take a long time.

I am with AIG too and for the past 2 renewals, they were done thru phone.

What happened is that first a renewal notice will be sent, then a rep from AIG will follow up with a phone call.

If you are agreeable with the quote, you can renew thru the phone by charging the premium to your credit card, and the policy will be sent to you within a week.

Alternatively, if you can't wait, you can renew at the AIG office and

collect the new policy on the spot.

You can call up AIG if you have not received your renewal notice.

Edited by Geboz

Neutral Newbie

Thanks. What are some of the things need to take note of when looking for new quotes?I am quite a newbie, u see. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Geboz,

Okie, so just call the hotline will do ? Need to confirm with them before deciding whether to renew my insurace with them or not

The usual things... The "excess" amount, and "any workshop" vs "authorised workshops". Ask Guyver (very friendly guy) if you need clarifications, as he's the expert. [:p]

Will it be too late if i start getting quotation from other sources ? I only left with less than a month to settle the renewal ?

still lots of time ... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Call their hotline and ask for a renewal quotation. Rem to ask for the gross premium, discounts and net premium. AIG has seperate quotation for named drivers (on the policy) above 35 and above 40.

You can ask for renewal thru phone if you are agreeable with their quote.

Hope I'm not making things difficult for Guyver here by quoting my example. My insurance last year in 2007 was renewed within 3 days:

With my road tax valid till 3 April 2007, I started to panic and filled up his form only on 30 March. PMed him in this forum and received a call from him two days later, and over the phone he gave me the best quotes he could find and asked me for my preference. I made my decision on the phone and subsequently made payment to him via internet banking. The next day my insurance was done and I could renew my road tax on the subsequent day.

This is the efficiency and dedication I'm talking about. But of course on your part you have cooperate by making payment and decide quickly. Otherwise, the communications will still ding-dong about and take a long time.

Hi bro,

Yes you ARE!! [laugh][laugh]

For those of you that is urgent ... and called me ... of course I'll expedite on your case. But please DO renew your car insurance early, preferably about 2 weeks before due date.

But in the course of my work .... there are screws up as well. Your case was a typical normal ones. Also different insurer will have different response time. So for your case, it so happened that the particular insurer's quote is lowest for you and your car and they are quick in transmitting to LTA once the insurance is done.

And yes ... being decisive on your part does helps. Because we got alot of cases on hand and after we called you ... and you didn't decide right away ... and want to think about it, me or my staff may overlook the case later.

So I must say that I do my best for my customer and my customer have to be reasonable type like you also. [nod][nod]

Hi,

my motor insurance is due on next month 27th but i have yet to receive the renewal letter from my insurance AIG, is it abnormal ? Cuz my road tax is due on the same date too, need to settle my insurance before renewal of my road tax. Anyone has this experience before ?Will it be too late to renewal my insurance now ?Any advise ?Thanks a lot

Due to the high volume .... your renewal notice could be late.

You could call them up to chase for your renewal and they are suppose to give it to you.

AIG is quite fast ... but typically for those insurer that is quite fast in transmitting to LTA daily .... you can send your insurance plus renew your road tax within about 3 working days.

But DO renew early and don't rush during last minute.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks a lot guys, guess will need to ring them up early in the morning. Hopefully they will give me a reasonable quote.

↡ Advertisement