The Power of Internet

Psfong

Wow, look at the damage that our Local company has done for themselves in just a few days.... This looks very bad, I wonder when the damage control is going to set in?

Its now at 82 posts. Estimating that if they have 7 bad comments/page, they have at least 500++ customers quitting their product.

Edited by Psfong
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

The creative thread is spreading like wildfire now... You can see it from link in my last thread.

Edited by Psfong

Copy and pasted from the thread mentioned.

--

Daniel_K:

We are aware that you have been assisting owners of our Creative sound cards for some time now, by providing unofficial driver packages for Vista that deliver more of the original functionality that was found in the equivalent XP packages for those sound cards. In principle we don't have a problem with you helping users in this way, so long as they understand that any driver packages you supply are not supported by Creative. Where we do have a problem is when technology and IP owned by Creative or other companies that Creative has licensed from, are made to run on other products for which they are not intended. We took action to remove your thread because, like you, Creative and its technology partners think it is only fair to be compensated for goods and services. The difference in this case is that we own the rights to the materials that you are distributing. By enabling our technology and IP to run on sound cards for which it was not originally offered or intended, you are in effect, stealing our goods. When you solicit donations for providing packages like this, you are profiting from something that you do not own. If we choose to develop and provide host-based processing features with certain sound cards and not others, that is a business decision that only we have the right to make.

Although you say you have discontinued your practice of distributing unauthorized software packages for Creative sound cards we have seen evidence of them elsewhere along with donation requests from you. We also note in a recent post of yours on these forums, that you appear to be contemplating the release of further packages. To be clear, we are asking you to respect our legal rights in this matter and cease all further unauthorized distribution of our technology and IP. In addition we request that you observe our forum rules and respect our right to enforce those rules. If you are in any doubt as to what we would consider unacceptable then please request clarification through one of our forum moderators before posting.

Phil O'Shaughnessy

VP Corporate Communications

Creative Labs Inc.

--

Neutral Newbie

Interesting.

microsoft not cooperative to assist creative to get those old soundcard to work under vista environment or the other way round?

Maybe creative want push customers to get new range of sound card that is compatible with vista..

Creative software and driver developers really CMI. That's why. I already had tons of problems using Creative Audigy drivers a few years back.

Neutral Newbie

Heng, man.

I bought the cheapest creative soundcard when i build my pc last november 2007..

lucky never invest in high-end one..

Edited by Jayzee

Wow, look at the damage that our Local company has done for themselves in just a few days.... This looks very bad, I wonder when the damage control is going to set in?

Its now at 82 posts. Estimating that if they have 7 bad comments/page, they have at least 500++ customers quitting their product.

This Daniel_k guy is good .... [thumbsup][thumbsup]

What's amazing about this whole things is the manner it spreads. I think by the time the management got to know and act upon it, millions will have already negative views of their product.

If I were to buy a sound card that purports to be Vista-compatible, I will expect it to work with a Vista PC. Period. But that's not the case, and I think that a lot of these users already have a lot of pent up frustration with Creative for their CMI driver support.

And now with this demonstration of a total lack of customer care, I believe a lot of forums will be abuzz with this frustration and anger from users.

Creative did it on purpose, I dun think their programmers were stupid.

If all the old cards are compatible under vista then who would buy the newer ones.

It was good effort from the guy Daniel I wonder how creative would react, they have kept quiet until now.

↡ Advertisement