MCST Managing Agent Problem

Achtung

I have a genuine problem and I hope brothers here who are familiar with BCA, Strata rulings etc will be able to help.

I just bought an old Condo Apartment recently. As it is more than 10 years, I can see that the outlook or aesthetic of the building has been marred by owners doing their own stuff. For example, residents using the fire exit stairwell to house their pet dogs; aircon trunking were ran out of a few apartments; windows were differently colours; Window drills for many apts were placed inside and some placed outside. In short, the entire block is riddled with differences.

Std Procedure, I applied for reno permit and was approved. No rules and regulations were given. Except what time we can do our reno. To cut the long story short, we changed all the windows in the apt to plain silver ones. The next thing that happened was the Managing Agent came over to my Flat and fugged my contractor (which hap to be my fren). He demanded that my contractor removed them immediately as it does not conform with the aesthetic of the bldg. We then contacted him via phone and asked him to take a look at the building itself. His reply was: Why dont you write in to complain the individual owners who has not conformed? What u see is BEFORE my time! So not my business. I have not time to talk to you, you know, I manage many other condos! U better remove it or I will sue u.

My reply was simple: Go ahead then.

I am quite tu lan with this a**hole. I read thru the rules stated on MCA wensite and many are broad based. Any one who is an expert on this matter, care to comment objectively?

↡ Advertisement

not sure abt the sue part but u can defend urself and say the windows r in a state of falling down. the law provides u must replace them at ur own cost failing which u may b jailed. if u r doing ur duty as a law abiding citizen, his watever law cannot b bigger then common law.

use of fire stairs is illegal u can write in to scdf to check.

Don't worry bro, for managing agent to sue he must ask your building committee to have extra ordinary meeting, because he need substantial sum to pay lawyer from MCST fund to shoot you. So if you know your condo committee try talk to them about your renovation and told them that you never receive house rule (means he didn't do his job). If the committee reject the managing agent request to hire lawyer using MCST fund he can't do anything. Except he sue you using his own pocket money, which I doubt so.

Just remember this managing agent is paid by you MCST share holder he doesn't have any power without committee approval. But if your MCST committee agree with MA to sue you you better torn down your window or hire lawyer to counter their action, it's your call.

Edited by Knighthunter

You tell the Managing agent go Fxxk spider since every other TOM, DICK and Harriet also suka suka do their own style in the estate.

Want to play lawyer letters, you tell him you to go ahead...both parties can play! [sly][laugh][laugh]

BCA and URA don't give 2 hoots about this kind of matter as it is considered a private issue which parties got to sort it out! [;)]

Thanks. This mudder f-er is victimizing me. When my mum called him to ask him about parking, cause we have two cars.. his reply was damn kuai lan. The second park, PARK OUTSIDE! You park INSIDE, I wheel clamp. We were like WTF? We din even do anything to him.

He KPKB abt my window colour when the rest of the bldg is in shambles. Next he victimize my contractor and blamed him for dirtying the lobby level when it was obviously another unit who is also renovating.

Headache dealing with such crap.

write to BCA, advise that u hv taken their instruction to replace faulty windows and now the MCST wants the old window back. ask them which is which? must u listen to BCA or MCST.

Turbocharged

Next time AGM just kick the chee bye MA outta the condo. Whats the firm's name? Don't tell me its CJ??? [dizzy] Not Chief Justice hor.

Last time my condo also same thing. I still leemember that chee bye kia's name! Raymond Chan! Nabeh I like it rip in the forum like it is! Defects all boh chor still take agent fee. I feel like shuffing the bills up his a$$ like a suppository!

can't remember much but if I'm not wrong, condo that are more than 10years old have less restriction on the exterior aesthetics, i.e. you can change your window grill to any pattern you like. For new condo, it will have to conform to the specification.

As for the poor attitude, make a formal remark to the MCST council committee and also to the managing agent's head office. When you are face to face with a barking dog, you don't whack the dog, you whack the owner. [sly]

not sure abt the sue part but u can defend urself and say the windows r in a state of falling down. the law provides u must replace them at ur own cost failing which u may b jailed. if u r doing ur duty as a law abiding citizen, his watever law cannot b bigger then common law.

use of fire stairs is illegal u can write in to scdf to check.

eh, I tot that apply to HDB only [confused]

Edit: anyway, that's a question. I'm just seeking clarification [:)]

Edited by Sony

Check on the MCST ruling on the issurance of carpark lot for 2nd car. if he's going by the rule, then very difficult..

but you can also go by the rule and find fault with him.. thereafter, both can come to a stand that he give u a lot and you dont bother him [sly]

Turbocharged
This CB's name is Francis Koh. The company is LANDSFI*LD.

You know what... Its the same company for my case as well. They are officially banned in my books if I ever have a choice [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Just tell him that you will change the window soon to comply with the rule.

If he only want the exterior to be matching color. Maybe you can tell your contractor to just paint the outside frame in the color that is suitable. Not so difficult to do.

If the entire window shape and design need to change, then its really a big problem.

How 'soon' is up to you to decide, 1-2 years up to you.

As long as you go along with his wishes, there should be no issues.

Why make your first day in the Condo a bad one? Like that everyday come home also see/think about this problem. Cannot enjoy staying there.

Actually most condo owner knows must maintain the EXTERIOR of the condo to be uniform with the rest. Why someone chose to be different is not for me to comment.

Edited by Leepee

I am ready to repaint. But the problem is his attitude. Also, teh rest of the facade is already chup-pa-lang with many diff colours!

↡ Advertisement