Anybody know how to get rid of bed bugs??

Fabulous

Go buy a osim vacuum clearner....the one with steam.

The hot steam will kill the bugs and the eggs. The Vacuum will suck them off.

Not cheap...about a $1000, but definitely cheaper than Rainbow or Deplhin vacuums.

Not sure about bed bugs being killed and sucked but for sure it will not kill ticks ( steam hor )

↡ Advertisement

My advise, call professional pest controller for help. No amount of cleaning and steaming can totally wipe out these buds. They multiply fast. Even pest controller can't kill them all at one go, they will spray chemicals 2 - 3 times to ensure total wipe out.

old wives tale says if u have bed bugs, ur luck must be very down.

guess there is a logical truth in it....cos bed bugs disturbing ZZzzzz everynight, wake up go to work stone stone, screw up and then F by boss, comeback screwed by wife for getting F by boss. later want to Zzzz kena bedbugs again, tomorrow same story over ....luck how to be good... [:p]

buy a new mattress

Oi. I suggest you Google and do some reading. This pest is migratory. Even if you buy a new flat and it so choose to migrate into it you will still LLST. [rolleyes]

does that means,

after you clean up your place,

the bed bugs travel across units to find your bed?

They got heat seekers. They will find people to suck.

Oi. I suggest you Google and do some reading. This pest is migratory. Even if you buy a new flat and it so choose to migrate into it you will still LLST. [rolleyes]

Really arhh? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

the beg bug got chope passport come in bor??

I guess if the bug stow away inside the luggage then they are illegal immigrant [:)] . I have nothing against them . maybe they are the one who bring the bugs in or it is just a coincidence .

Neutral Newbie

I set my air-con to coldest. [;)]

i dont think it will work cause I have already done it. still got bitten. bed bug will climb up to ur ceiling and release itself once it detected carbon dioxide that we exhale. this info I get from one if the forums about bed bugs

(edited)

It seems like many ppl are ignorant about this pest. It's not a matter of whether your place is clean or not. It has a mind of its own, if it likes your place it will stay there and multiply. These pest dun just hand around on beds. It also hang around in dark corners and seams of your shirt or pants. Once my wife & myself saw a bed bug crawling on a piece of blouse in a retail shop in Bugis street. We told the salesperson and quickly ran coz this is one of the ways they migrate, ppl to ppl.

They also hang around mouldy and dark corners like your luggage bags. That's why it's a common thing for bed bugs to appear even in hotel rooms. That's how they migrate from country to country. That's why I always prefer to stay in better hotels. A lot of these bugs come with foreigners of 3rd world country. Sgp open its gates to a lot of these foreigners too. So when this thread popped up again I was thinking this is going to be problem to a lot of ppl.

So for those who are going to shop for clothes during this GSS, better be careful when you try out the clothes.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

If this problem still persists, you may want to get a pest controller to take a look. My mum's flat was also hit by bed bugs and they always return a couple of days later after thourough cleaning of the flat. When the pest controllers came they managed to trace the source of bed bugs to be coming from another unit. We got the town coincil involved in the clean up. The bed bugs has not returned since. Hope this helps.

I suspect this too. . they come from other unit. but the problem is which unit and how to determine that it come from other unit. i spend hundred of dollars to buy steam cleaner and other pesticides meant for bed bugs. I even put my clothings into to plastic that can be flattened by using vacuum cleaners. it works for a few weeks but it came back again. right now I am in the process of moving my furniture , steam it up and spread diatomaceous earth powder all over the back of the furniture including the wall and the side skirt on the floor. can' t afford to throw all the furniture.

Neutral Newbie

It seems like many ppl are ignorant about this pest. It's not a matter of whether your place is clean or not. It has a mind of its own, if it likes your place it will stay there and multiply. These pest dun just hand around on beds. It also hang around in dark corners and seams of your shirt or pants. Once my wife & myself saw a bed bug crawling on a piece of blouse in a retail shop in Bugis street. We told the salesperson and quickly ran coz this is one of the ways they migrate, ppl to ppl.

They also hang around mouldy and dark corners like your luggage bags. That's why it's a common thing for bed bugs to appear even in hotel rooms. That's how they migrate from country to country. That's why I always prefer to stay in better hotels. A lot of these bugs come with foreigners of 3rd world country. Sgp open its gates to a lot of these foreigners too. So when this thread popped up again I was thinking this is going to be problem to a lot of ppl.

So for those who are going to shop for clothes during this GSS, better be careful when you try out the clothes.

I do agree with you. I see that you have done some readings about this blood sucking monsters

↡ Advertisement