Updates on In-Car Surveillance Camera?

Carlover76

Neutral Newbie

Guys,

Any updates on the In-Car Surveillance Camera? Anyone DIY yourself and is it cheaper to those ready made system?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I just check out the shop in SLT mentioned by one of the member here about their Car Sentry system.

If you don't want to purchase 4 cameras then you can just buy the recorder at $360 with one CCD camera at $95, personally, I find the recorder is a better deal as they claim that it has drawn minimum battery power from our car battery.

Not sure anyone has tried out their products and any feedback?

Neutral Newbie

4 cameras include one reverse camera and 3 cameras together which you can mount below the rear view mirror, price is around $980 and $1200 include installation.

Personally I don't feel the need with 3 cameras and my car already has the CCD reverse camera so that is not needed too, was thinking if want to install, probably 1 camera with the recorder will be sufficient.

wow [sweatdrop]

actually, depends on the camera field of view. if very wide angle, then 2 cameras shd be enuff. 1 camera 50-50 chance of catching culprit [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Yes, but I have seen the 3 cameras as they are mounted onto a container with 1 camera in front then the other 2 cameras on both sides, no camera on the back view and guess it will make use of the rear view camera for back view.

Neutral Newbie

Brother, below are the information posted by Amazon77 some time last year :

Car Sentry is described as camera and computer combined into one intelligent unit. Having 3 cameras within a black box and 1 rear camera. Car Sentry captures and records live video directly to SD card DVR. Car Sentry is the first ever innovated (4-in-1) surveillance camera! It's flexible and powerful features enable you to cost-effectively monitor and secure personal properties in the most user-friendly way!

Features:

1)To survey surrounding activities from all directions

2)To record happenings surrounding your properties at all instances, 24/7 round the clock

3)To act as crime deterence in vehicles

4)To use as supporting evidence in cases of car accidents, vandalism and thefts

5)To capture the nices scenery of your journey & record driving data

6)Low power consumption, DC 12Volt, 0.99amp

Specifications:

1)Three color CCD cameras are camouflaged in an elegant compact case with wide angle surveillance, via front windscreen, left & right side windows of the vehicle

2)One color CCD camera for rear windscreen and car reversing monitoring to avoid blind spot

3)All 4-camera views are recorded and seen in the form of quadrant sections in a screen

4)All camera are recorded in SD card of DVR with built-in MPEG4-SP video. SD Card DVR supports manual motion detection and schedule continous recording of up to 10 hrs(2GB)

5)Data are recorded as FAT16/32 file system and ASF file format which can be backed up by PC

6) SD card memoery can be overwriten when memory is full

7)Operating at very low DC power to prevent heavy car battery drainage which will affect car ignition after overnight recording

email: [email protected]

tel: 6293-4676, 6292-2032

Sim Lim Tower, #B1-25

Looks like I need to install seperate batts.. haha

I travel freq. That means I will leave my car for like a week or 2.

The recording is fine, but the batt will die.. hmmmm

Rgds

Neutral Newbie

Ya, I agree with you if putting the car for few days when going overseas and worrying that the battery will go flat faster.

I was thinking of getting alternative camera that comes in a pen type and I know it is selling at $100 plus which runs on normal battery, it will be convenient to bring along also.

Maybe I like to get this pen camera instead. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for bringing up this post. I was hot on the heel last year searching for a low cost in-car Surveillance System. Till now, I have yet to commit on anything, was surprised this topic was in cold storage as forummer seem not so keen in this facility, till you brought this up again. Somehow, recently the last couple of weeks, I convinced myself to commit on such a system, still shortlisting some from the internet. Btw, which retailer is selling this pen camera?

Edited by Amazon777

Neutral Newbie

Heard my friend mentioning that it is selling at Carrefour as I was intending to get the car sentry camera but after he told me that it can drain off the battery easily if it is not motion-detecting then it will be recording the video 24 hours all day round.

This can be very power draining for the battery so was thinking for alternative.

I was put off by car sentry $1.2K price tag. I mean if can get a strip down version, I do not mind paying $300 to $400. Pls post feedback when you decide to install, check with the boss whether will there be a group buy discount. I believe in the near future, there will be a all-in-one low cost in-car surveillance system. If man can put human on the moon, this in-car thingy shouldn't be tough, the challenge is how to provide extended power source from DC without draining the car battery. My office pretty near Carrefour, will check out the pen camera tomorrow. Seem like your friend installed and have negative review on the car sentry?

Edited by Amazon777

Neutral Newbie

No lah, if you do not want the 4 cameras then you can buy just one CCD camera which cost around $95 and one recorder, same as the package items and it cost $360, you can ask your accessories workshop to hook up everything for you as it is quite simple to connect.

But for me, I will probably go for those pen type of camera which is more portable and cheap.

↡ Advertisement