Running a business in Malaysia

Kenlinliu1419

Does anyone have any ideas on what forms need to be submitted for running a business?

I personally thought that all you had to do was register the company and that was it.

Recently, some peeps from some local council at Peataling Jaya asked my staff where a certain license for this and that was? Dunno what it is and didn't know I needed one!

Told my staff that there would be a compound fine of RM 350, but they asked for a token sum for their own pockets and would turn a blind eye. I told my staff to take the fine and not to pass any money to them.

Any advise anyone?

↡ Advertisement

Approach SPRING sg for help. They do help sg businessman if they wanna setup business overseas to guide u to do all the necessary admin stuff to get u started. Even provide financial help if needed but cannot expect much funds lah.

They have a website, just google and contact them to enquire more. My knowledge on this issue is limited.

My concern right now is if we pay kopi money, there is no guarantee that the compound fine will "disappear". Also, what happens if the bribe kicks me back in the face? I.e. they keep coming back for more?

So, I rather do everything legitamately and get on with running the business.

Thanks for the advice.

hi

I got some business dealings in malaysia. If those chaps ask for monis, just give a few hundred bucks as bribes. At the end of the day, u still find that running a business in malaysia with all these bribes is much cheaper than running a business in singapore. The rental alone, one month u can save up to a few thousand sing dollars.

Make sure u know these chaps well and arrange for some chio china girls to entertain them and they will call you boss already.

When u know them well, its easy to make money.

(edited)

I did heard that during the beginning years when just started Biz in JB, this type of thing do occur.

I realise that you do not allow PM.

It will be more better if i can pm you in private [:)]

The 'kopi' $$ wont disappear, they will just keep on going to your company and ask for $$.. Pls do not EVER give them $$ if you want to have a 'safe' journey throughout your Biz. Somehow or rather, those government guys do know that which company is registered under singaporeans, and they will go down and purposely 'try' to find 'fault' with your work environment.

Edited by Melissa
↡ Advertisement