Toyo T1R

Robo

Hi my Starlet Bros!

I've been eyeing a set of Toyo T1R tyres for a long time liao. However after searching high and low calling like almost 20 shops enquiring for the specs im looking for I manage to get it from the distributor of toyo. (shopor warehouse is in paya ubi). anyways the spec im looking for quite odd lahz. its 195/55/14. the charbor told me the stock will be coming in coming monday from japan! but hor the price super pricey! its at $150 a pc.[:/] she told me to go down and find her she will be able to give a better price.

ok.. i was wondering if any bros out there is interested in getting new legs for your ride. mayb u wont want the spec im looking for or even the same model but if we go down together we should be able to get a bulk discount.

i will most probably only get it if the price is below $100 a pc. cuz $150 is a bit the crazy... i think i can get 16" with that price liao. so if ya all interested pls let me know den we can work it out. also pls reccommend me other brands that ya all think its good...

a thousand thanks to ya all first!!! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

The dimension is not standard as compare to those 15 inches, which explain the higher price.

Anyway I used this model before on my MX5, not bad! [laugh]

wah bros. thanks for all the quick replies!!! appreciate it! anyways.. as wad Ody_2004 said... its not a standard size therefore explains the price. but cuz im using a 1E engine so i tot that its not advisable to change to a 15" and plus i also no budget for the rims. lol! plus heard alot of good reviews about this rubber. [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

now slowly sourcing. was thinking of falken ZE326/512 or i might just get back the same model that im using now which is goodyear NCT5. most probably a lower profile one. cuz this tyre i would say not bad the grip on both wet and dry.

starletgt bro i call in awhile.. just got back from lunch. [:p]

odd size la dey! that's why so expensive...

Original: 175/70-13

+1: 185/60-14

+2: 195/50-15

Perhaps you can try 185/60-14. 195/55-14 is almost 1% larger than original, but 185/60-14 is only 0.4% larger, which means it's a better fit and also means that it'll be easier to find/cheaper.

food for thought.

one word: ST115

[thumbsup]

i find that it's very well balanced tyre. excellent grip in both wet and dry conditions. it's comfortable and noise is acceptable. but do note that the road noise does get louder as the tyres wear out. it's price is also perhaps why it's such a popular tyre, the benefits i get is comparable to more expensive tyres (aka value for money).

heard a lot of bad reviews of Falkens.... very slippery...so unless you want to be drift king...then maybe can get that... [:p]

how abt GR80?

Hi my Starlet Bros!

I've been eyeing a set of Toyo T1R tyres for a long time liao. However after searching high and low calling like almost 20 shops enquiring for the specs im looking for I manage to get it from the distributor of toyo. (shopor warehouse is in paya ubi). anyways the spec im looking for quite odd lahz. its 195/55/14. the charbor told me the stock will be coming in coming monday from japan! but hor the price super pricey! its at $150 a pc.unsure.gif she told me to go down and find her she will be able to give a better price.

ok.. i was wondering if any bros out there is interested in getting new legs for your ride. mayb u wont want the spec im looking for or even the same model but if we go down together we should be able to get a bulk discount.

i will most probably only get it if the price is below $100 a pc. cuz $150 is a bit the crazy... i think i can get 16" with that price liao. so if ya all interested pls let me know den we can work it out. also pls reccommend me other brands that ya all think its good...

a thousand thanks to ya all first!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

if can bargain to abt $110 for the T1R i dun mind getting..... tats including i manage to find a set of Enkei RPF-01 rim for my car.......

i'm currently on Federal 595 185/55R14 which i dun really recommend....but they are one bloody lasting tyre.... lol

other 185/55R14 tyres in market to name a few, but may not be available in local stores

Kumho KU31 - too bad i check with Binter, they dun bring in at all. asked the on placing special order, never reply me.

Falken ZE512 - even got 195/45R14

Federal 595

Silverstone Type RR (semi-slick) - last time i ask is abt $150 each. may not be street legal n not safe for wet cond

Continental ContiSportContact - 195/45R14, 185/50R14, 195/40R14

Continental ContiPremiumContact

GT Radial Champiro BAX - i dare not use...

http://www.stamfordtyres.com/tyres/falken/...alkenZE512.html

http://www.stamfordtyres.com/tyres/contine...ortContact.html

http://www.stamfordtyres.com/tyres/contine...iumContact.html

http://www.globaltraco.com/product_detail....=18&subcatid=60

http://www.competitiontyres.com.sg/rt.php