ERP New York style

Scenic98

there is a distinct difference betw NY and SG. The ERP when implemented in NY will positively reduce congestion as intended. In SG, the people pay thru their noses and still face traffic jams, becos of our 'world-class public tpt' and poor town planning/ road design.

hard to say. a lot of people (rich or poor) already take their very efficient public transport to work. the roads in the lower manhattan area are mostly filled with yellow cabs, delivery trucks and limos. parking on Manhattan island is super expensive, a season parking can cost usd600-700. Those who are already driving are the relatively richer ones. So a usd8 might mean nothing to them.

Having said that, now LTA can justify themselves to start raising ERP prices to meet world class standards

Why smucking? Did LTA patent the design? If no, the idea is free for all.

Should be more like Aum Dui. Else can make more $$$.

US$8 per entry?

Assume 22 working days and 12 months...each year = 8x22x12=US$2112 or ~S$3168 only.

Ten years only S$31k. CHEAP by Singapore standard!

The ARF and COE we pay for a $20kOMV vehicle is much more already!

I say again...give me cheeap cars in Singapore...I will be willing to pay $10 per gantry too!

Turbocharged
(edited)

10 yrs $31k can barely buy me an OPC car..

and take note, theirs is per day..unlike us, every time you pass the gantry, $1..wrong turn..oops..sorry ah, another $1..

also, taxis are exempted from paying..try telling that to our LTA..they ask you go suck c0ck and die..

Edited by Shull

Turbocharged

i think our town planning buay pai liao..one of the best if not the best in the world..

just that somehow someone up there overlooked the road expansion rate when they decided to let more SGporeans own cars..now we got too little roads but too much cars..

and our public transport..also buay pai..but it's a profit making entity, therefore, must maximise profits..at what cost? the expense of customers lor..

so we end up with crappy public transport whose objective is not to serve the general public but to make profit..and roads overflowing with cars..

↡ Advertisement