Wolfgang Concours Deep Gloss Sealant

Jascyt

Neutral Newbie

Just tried out this sealant on 2 of my cars. The Wolfgang series had rather good reviews over in the States. Here's a short FR: Extremely easy to apply and buff off. The touch is fabulous, smooth/slick and produces a nice wet glow, much like a carnauba. [nod]

Beading isn't fantastic like Collinite or DuraGloss's range and definitely doesn't seem to last as long as either. Had 2 coats on my dad's E200 and the slickness was gone after 4-5 washes including recent downpours. [thumbsdown]

Nuff said, lemme post some pictures [;)]

[inline 01.jpg]

[inline 02.jpg]

[inline 03.jpg]

post-14-1207337291_thumb.jpg

post-14-1207337292_thumb.jpg

post-14-1207337293_thumb.jpg

post-14-1207337291_thumb.jpg

post-14-1207337292_thumb.jpg

post-14-1207337293_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Here's an overall view of my ride. Apologies for the poor phototaking skills and cam quality [blush]

[inline 00.jpg]

Thanks for viewing. I think no doubt the quality of the end result this sealant produces is good, it just isn't value for money. Plus the fact that it doesn't bead well and doesn't seem to last long enough, I'll still top it over with Maddriver's #845 to give it more protection while not compromising on the wet jetting effect that I like.

This WG Deep Gloss Sealant really produces the warmth of a carnauba wax though, unlike many sealants I've tried [thumbsup]

post-14-1207337987_thumb.jpg

post-14-1207337987_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Thank you, slogged for hours to achieve the result [sweatdrop] Nowadays new cars come in horrible conditions. The paint was clogged with contaminants and needed 3 sessions of claying to fully restore the smoothness! [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Bro, I got it shipped in from Autogeek.net together with a bunch of other detailing supplies. It should cost about SGD50 without shipping cost. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Great work on your detailing. I do fully agreed that Wolfgang series had rather good reviews but I personlly think that Wolfgang Concours Deep Gloss Sealant cannot compare with Collinite [sweatdrop] . Reason being Collinite is blended with natural wax(oil based) and not a sealent(manmade paint protectants), and obviously, being oil based, it beads much better that sealant. Having said that, in general, sealant last longer than wax and it does not attract dust so easy as wax.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thank you [;)] Been doing detailing as a hobby, and also extending my services to friends and their referrals.

Agreed on the comparison part, shouldn't have placed Collinite into the picture, but the reason why I compared these few products is because 1. WG is slated to closely mimic a carbauba based wax in terms of gloss and slickness. 2. Since WG is a synthetic, I also compared it to DG, which produces incredible beading similar to #845.

But whatever it is, WG is still a very good product for the extremely easy WOWO, no sweat at all. Also, the feel of this sealant on the paint is simply incredible. I can't stop caressing the fenders [laugh][hur]

The shine and depth is very nice too, just that they cannot be adequately captured by my camera and lack of phototaking skills [:/]

Lastly, this sealant is gonna last me a long time because it takes literally a few drops to cover a relatively large area. Amazing [thumbsup]

Edited by Jascyt

Thank you, slogged for hours to achieve the result [sweatdrop] Nowadays new cars come in horrible conditions. The paint was clogged with contaminants and needed 3 sessions of claying to fully restore the smoothness! [dizzy]

So jialat [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Can kiss goodbye to that piece of clay bar liao [laugh][laugh][laugh]

(edited)

Swee man , i think i also going to ship in 1 bottle. ............ previously wanted to ship in and try but ...............

Edited by Chogokin

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] thanks.. I like this sealant cause on dark colours it creates that really wet effect. To be honest, the pictures taken still cannot adequately bring out seeing live. 3D shimmering effect [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement