Genting Restaurant kena kotok RM $420/- for 1/2 a steamed fish

Highwaycode

Neutral Newbie

Dear All............(forwarded emails)

Last week, I brought my guests to Genting Highlands. After a day 'above the clouds', we decided to have dinner at the

Gohtong Jaya area on the way down.

We ordered some dishes and decided to have a steamed fish as well. So the captain recommended 'sultan fish'.

The steamed fish came. HALF, and plain steamed. Good & fine.

But when the bill came, it came to over $500 !! We were shocked !! We were told the fish was 1.4kg ( & please bear in mind, its ONLY HALF A FISH ) at RM 320 per kg! RM 420!! This was daylight robbery. We were not informed by the Captain that a kg of the Sultan fish would cost us RM 320 and there was also no signs of such pricings anywhere in the restaurant.

When we checked with the cashier, she told us, its correct !!

Of cos, it was our mistake for not asking the price first.

Anyway, on the way back to KL, we stopped at Unique Seafood,PJ, where one can choose a live fish. The most expensive Soon Hock swimming in the tank is RM135 per kilo. Asked them about the Sultan fish, it is going for RM100 a kilo.

Will be sending this letter to the newspapers, Tourism board, etc etc; and friends, pls pass on to all on yr email list.

CHEATED.

post-15-1207552399_thumb.jpg

post-15-1207552399_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

All restaurants will not list the actual price for fish. you have to check, bro.

it's a standard practise.

ADD:

but truly very expensive lesson.

Edited by Simply_lex

Supercharged

I have paid before $1500RM for a CNY eve dinner at some ulu places in Johor. The food is horrible, the service is bad and the table don't even have proper table cloth.

So don't feel so bad.

Wa they really fried or steamed you instead of the fish. I used to have dinner at gohtong 4 or 5 nights in a row - 3 adults and a kid. Most of the time, we had simple fare and the bill would be between RM30 to RM50 without fish. But most diners have fish. So one nite, I ordered soon hock and the bill came to about RM120. The fish alone cost RM90 and I was shocked and still cant forget till today. Yours RM420??? That's good as robbering you. I think it must be the way you dress or speak.

Sillyporeans better dont be haolian. Better ask the price when ordering.

Anyway the price for fish is always marked as seasonal... I've learnt a cheaper lesson in some seafood restaurant somewhere in the east... Want to order fish must ask for the price first... I ordered a red snapper for my dad's birthday and in the end got charged almost $100 for that fish... furious.giffurious.giffurious.gif...

My friends paid RM150 for 6 plates of horfun in a halfway coffee shop off the hwy. It was a tour bus that brought them there for makan.

I learned a lesson in fish in 1980. Went to a chinese restaurant in Shenton Way. Had steamed garoupa for lunch. The fish alone cost $120++. My majong winnings not enough to pay for the lunch.

Anyway....just like buying durains.

Durains has the different grades has different pricing.

Its up to the seller to set the price. Sometimes, I eat D24, red eyes, red prawns, XO, all taste the same to me. Maybe my taste buds are lousy.

Sultan fish maybe also got different grades. $100-350/kg?

First, they will tell you that U are in a hill and there is no sea around, the fish had to be transported fresh to that rest. in Genting. So u have to pay for the transportation cost also...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Second, I notice that fish, prawns and other seafood are very ex in highlands...... [sly][sly][sly]

Turbocharged

Go wrong place tio ketok.

Neber mind I recommend you go to Kuala Selangor next time for seafood. Drive to Pasir Penambang in Kuala Selangor. The food is cheap and good. Can bring your gf or perhaps bf (if you gay) to go watch kelip kelip (fireflies)

↡ Advertisement