Jaguar acquired by a Indian company

Billcoke

It looks like we're going to have a "Indian Talk" forum in MCF soon. All the Jag, Rov and even the Tataian can rant there.

Regards,

• Praise 1

The question is will it still be considered an Englishman Car?

Will the royalty still be seen in one?

I will not get it, as the design root has being diluted further.

BUT if TaTa can use the same manufacturing plant and launch a facelift Tata badged car and sell it cheaper, I may consider.

(edited)

I have no problem with it as long as they continue to make better cars. The nationality of the owner is not important....what is...is the quality of it's R&D and investment. In fact, of all the suitors...I feel Tata is the best of all...one that have a realistic chance of moving the brands ahead.

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Tell me which car (mass produced ones) is still a true blue British car? ...and what is considered English...one that is designed and made in England under English boss or just one that is designed and made in England? [;)][;)]

Even england's PM is non-english. [;)][;)]

Edited by Silver_blade

(edited)

u may change your though once they release a ultra-affordable car using the jaguar brand name [sly] then its all downhill from then on for the black cat [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Xefera

That's if they are silly enough to do so. If they do that, their investment will be 100% wasted. [laugh][laugh]

Ratan Tata is a shrewd businessman and most of his businesses are very successful.

if Tata can build a mass market car using Jaguar technology and finesse, they will be a big player in the global mass market segment.

This is a very strategic acquisition by Tata.

Just like how Proton benefited from Lotus technology.

Turbocharged

but proton still making crappy cars..because the idiots running the company never learn to do proper QC.. [:|]

i don't think its just about QC. they rested on their laurels and plus the import rules being scrapped, they found themselves miles behind their foreign competitors and having to play catch-up [sly][sly]

↡ Advertisement