• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

Dwoon
  • Premium member
    Dwoon
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Did anyone notice that the the T-IV ATF is thicker than the Dexron III?

I just did my full change of ATF and that is what I noticed. Hmmm.... or it is my eyes playing tricks... sweatdrop.gif

Its good though.... somehow, the engine sounds a tad quieter. Is there any reason why an ATF change might affect engine sound??? rolleyes.gif

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

Copen
  • Copen
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dug out an old thread regarding this ATF. Anyone know where can I get them from?

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

almost every toyota parts dealer
autobacs also

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Mcf777
  • Mcf777
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

get from RIC TAT.
I think per tin (4L) is S$32.

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:57 PM

Copen
  • Copen
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Alright thanks guys!

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

Hamtaroo
  • Hamtaroo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

can toyota t-iv atf be used on my nissan latio 4 a/t ?

latio service manual says dexron iii or mercon equivalent for atf change.

fong tat sells for $30sgd/4litre any other cheaper place pls recommend ?

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:08 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i don't think so,Latio is gearbox is CVT,it need a CVT oil.

Fairlady.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hamtaroo
  • Hamtaroo
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

no i meant the latio auto 4 gear model 4 a/t ,
mine is not the cvt model, is the old auto transmission model.

can latio 4 a/t use toyota t-iv atf oil ?

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Marcostan
  • Premium member
    Marcostan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If Toyota use Toyota, if Nissan then use Nissan.

Do not try to mix and march by yourself. Transmission is sensitive to what oil you are using, use back the original one is the best and
most safe.

Why use others than the Original one, is it because of the price are cheaper? Be aware to save now and cause problem in the
gearbox and it will burn a big big hole in your pocket.
Qasqai 1.2T Pearl Team Qashqai SG

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

Contax
  • Premium member
    Contax
    6th Gear
    Author Image

as long as the spec confer with your manual .

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Crazecow
  • Crazecow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You have to check if the Toyota ATF is also Dexron III. If so, can use no problem. Dexron III ATF is widely available. If you want you can use more premium ATF like Redlind or Amsoil. But its expensive. $20 for 1 quart. Btw, you can also use Dexron VI if you can't find Dexron III. VI is backware compatible with III.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Piggy83sg
  • Piggy83sg
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

try use amsoil ATF if u wan. im using it now. only need 2.5L for my swift. but of cos, the price is $18/L.

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:22 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sud b fine lah. Toyota type iv is dexron iii so no prob.

My optra auto use e Aisin wagner autobox which is what most Toyotas use n my manual say need dexron IIe minimum so i use type iv without any problems. In fact it is very smooth. Its cheap n good.

Last time i use synthetic atf Royal Purple Max Atf but its quite ex at $14/qt but very smooth n good protection. If i feel rich, maybe i use that next change.

Just remember not to over or underfill yr autobox as it wil damage it in e long run. Check level after its hot fr a more accurate reading.

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:52 PM

Saxgoh
  • Premium member
    Saxgoh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread.

Wanna check with the experts here whether 2008 altis is using the ATF as attached...

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes...

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

Cheesepiekia
  • Premium member
    Cheesepiekia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread.

Wanna check with the experts here whether 2008 altis is using the ATF as attached...

Thanks in advance!

To confirm what Automatic Transmisson Fluid your 2008 Altis is using, there is a white sticker with blue wordings in 'english' and "thai" sticked around at the top of the gearbox dip stick.

The blue wordings will state whether it's using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV or Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS.

My previous car is a 2006 Facelift Altis, current car is a 2011 Facelift Altis.

Although both is using 4 speed AT gearbox but they are using different Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Naimed and Lala81 praised this

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Saxgoh
  • Premium member
    Saxgoh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

To confirm what Automatic Transmisson Fluid your 2008 Altis is using, there is a white sticker with blue wordings in 'english' and "thai" sticked around at the top of the gearbox dip stick.

The blue wordings will state whether it's using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV or Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS.

Although both is using 4 speed AT gearbox but they are using different Automatic Transmission Fluid.

Thanks for this useful piece of information!  [cool]

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:49 PM

Cheesepiekia
  • Premium member
    Cheesepiekia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for this useful piece of information!  [cool]

You're welcome! blushed.gif

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Saxgoh
  • Premium member
    Saxgoh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The English wordings say "no need to change under normal driving condition"... And in the Thai wordings section, I spotted "Toyota pure WS".

Does it mean I got the wrong fluid?

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

WS vicoscity is thinner than type IV. Use mainly for hybrid car.
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Toyota

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users