Toyota T-IV ATF

Dwoon

To confirm what Automatic Transmisson Fluid your 2008 Altis is using, there is a white sticker with blue wordings in 'english' and "thai" sticked around at the top of the gearbox dip stick.

The blue wordings will state whether it's using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV or Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS.

My previous car is a 2006 Facelift Altis, current car is a 2011 Facelift Altis.

Although both is using 4 speed AT gearbox but they are using different Automatic Transmission Fluid.

The English wordings say "no need to change under normal driving condition"... And in the Thai wordings section, I spotted "Toyota pure WS".

Does it mean I got the wrong fluid?

↡ Advertisement

The English wordings say "no need to change under normal driving condition"... And in the Thai wordings section, I spotted "Toyota pure WS".

Does it mean I got the wrong fluid?

Don't ever follow the wording saying "No need to change under normal driving condition".

I really don't understand why they even state this sentence!

If you don't change your Automatic Transmisson Fluid, your gearbox will break down in no time.

It's best you change your Automatic Transmisson Fluid before or every 40,000KM travelled.

For 2004-2007 Pre/facelift G9 Altis is using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV (black and red colour 4L tin).

For 2008-2013 Pre/facelift G10 Altis is using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS (silver colour 4L tin with japanese wordings).

Your 2008 pre-facelift Altis is using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS.

• Praise 1

Don't ever follow the wording saying "No need to change under normal driving condition".

If you don't change your Automatic Transmisson Fluid, your gearbox will break down in no time.

It's best you change your Automatic Transmisson Fluid before or every 40,000KM travelled.

For 2004-2007 Pre/facelift G9 Altis is using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid Type T-IV (black and red colour 4L tin).

For 2008-2013 Pre/facelift G10 Altis is using Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS (silver colour 4L tin with japanese wordings).

LOL, they should add another clause - 'all driving conditions are considered abnormal'.

Bro, you are the man!

I went to bm ulu pandan to check with the guy at the front desk and he told me my altis uses t-iv. I finally managed to borrow a manual from a friend and the manual says my Altis uses Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS!

You are one up than the bm engineer! I'm sorry I dun have even power to praise you... Haha.

But thanks a lot!

Bro, you are the man!

I went to bm ulu pandan to check with the guy at the front desk and he told me my altis uses t-iv. I finally managed to borrow a manual from a friend and the manual says my Altis uses Toyota Automatic Transmission Fluid WS!

You are one up than the bm engineer! I'm sorry I dun have even power to praise you... Haha.

But thanks a lot!

NPNT...

I took a photo of the page in the manual...

post-35191-0-92596000-1386942290_thumb.jpg

Bro, you are the man!

But thanks a lot!

redface.gif

You're welcome!

Those who believe Authorised Dealers have the best knowledge of the cars they are selling can continue to get con by them.

They know nuts! All they know is to charge sky high prices for their parts/labour and servicing.

My Altis only went back to them for servicing once and i didn't return back to Borneo Motors anymore.

3 years warranty with 100,000km or 5 years warranty with unlimited mileage is a good method to force car owners to stick with them and get con for 3 or 5 years.

redface.gif

You're welcome!

Those who believe Authorised Dealers have the best knowledge of the cars they are selling can continue to get con by them.

They know nuts! All they know is to charge sky high prices for their parts/labour and servicing.

My Altis only went back to them for servicing once and i didn't return back to Borneo Motors anymore.

3 years warranty with 100,000km or 5 years warranty with unlimited mileage is a good method to force car owners to stick with them and get con for 3 or 5 years.

+1

I wonder why those who always say "manufacturer knows best" or "OEM is best" never come out and say anything...

+1

I wonder why those who always say "manufacturer knows best" or "OEM is best" never come out and say anything...

AD n Manufacturer is very different. Many SG AD mechs r just trainees. Very different from the manufacturer.

OEM is almost if not as good as Original cos the OEM r the manufacturers of the Original parts.

I think u r a bit confused by the statements posted here.

+1

okie I say......

I got a problem with my car and all so called known mechanics here are clueless and one at amk auto point. even suggested changing ecu that cost thousands.

went back trans eurokas and the Canadian manager checked personally and spend almost full day troubleshooting with their systematic check.

problem solved and 200+ dollars spend on rectification.

I rest my case.

AD n Manufacturer is very different. Many SG AD mechs r just trainees. Very different from the manufacturer.

OEM is almost if not as good as Original cos the OEM r the manufacturers of the Original parts.

I think u r a bit confused by the statements posted here.

ok lor, so to you in Singapore there's no "best", since most if not all manufacturers operate here through ADs, and OEM parts are no good either.

ok lor, so to you in Singapore there's no "best", since most if not all manufacturers operate here through ADs, and OEM parts are no good either.

Again u never seems to read carefully.

Here many AD employ cheepo trainee mechs to do the work. Ty r crap. I go to those ws that hv older n experienced mechs who hv more experience n do a much better job at a lower price from AD.

And I never said OEM is no good. Read my post again. I said OEM is about as good as Original cos they r the ones who make the Original parts.

okie I say......

I got a problem with my car and all so called known mechanics here are clueless and one at amk auto point. even suggested changing ecu that cost thousands.

went back trans eurokas and the Canadian manager checked personally and spend almost full day troubleshooting with their systematic check.

problem solved and 200+ dollars spend on rectification.

I rest my case.

U now driving a SAAB ah?

Any problems with getting spares n parts for yr car nowadays? Or ty use other GM car parts instead of SAAB parts?

Bro, you are the man!

But thanks a lot!

Bro, just to clear my doubts. The guy at the front desk (service counter or parts counter?) advised you on the ATF from the year of manufacturing of your Altis? Did you pass him your VRN or chassis number? If using the Electronic Parts Catalog to check against chassis number then it wont be wrong. Sometimes there are models released in the same year (i.e. 2006 and 2008) and they use non-substitutable parts, you will face this issue.

Bro, just to clear my doubts. The guy at the front desk (service counter or parts counter?) advised you on the ATF from the year of manufacturing of your Altis? Did you pass him your VRN or chassis number? If using the Electronic Parts Catalog to check against chassis number then it wont be wrong. Sometimes there are models released in the same year (i.e. 2006 and 2008) and they use non-substitutable parts, you will face this issue.

Bro, it is the guy at the front desk. He has all my vehicle's particulars...

... Or maybe he was rushing to go home... 5+ near to 6 pm already.... haha

Bro, it is the guy at the front desk. He has all my vehicle's particulars...

... Or maybe he was rushing to go home... 5+ near to 6 pm already.... haha

Bro, then it is a big mistake on their part to quote the wrong fluid in this case. Can complain to the service manager!

Bro, then it is a big mistake on their part to quote the wrong fluid in this case. Can complain to the service manager!

Haha, i was none the wiser... Until i got my hands on the manual...

↡ Advertisement