Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
149 replies to this topic | 604 praises

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:02 PM

Poortraveller
  • Poortraveller
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

other then SKP ... where to get cheap plastic bag?
$150 fine and 6 demerit points for road hogger

Poortraveller's Roadtrip

Driving to Thailand

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

wat size? wat type? carrier or transparent? zipped?
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

Poortraveller
  • Poortraveller
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

this type

or this type

size ... can fit a copy of 'her world', think approz 6'x9'

Edited by Poortraveller, 15 April 2008 - 12:20 PM.

$150 fine and 6 demerit points for road hogger

Poortraveller's Roadtrip

Driving to Thailand

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Go to wholesales centre selling dry foodstuffs - opposit Golden Landmark Hotel.
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:00 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

yup.. tat place plenty.

otherwise, hang ard the open carpark of ur wet market. usually the vendors will come in 10" long lorry with sliding doors and park there to do biz with the hawkers.

however, the 0.06mm ones may no longer be used. understand they r banned in china becos they not able to hold anything and end up pple just litter them all over, clogging drains, etc.

Edited by Apollo, 15 April 2008 - 06:01 PM.

Signature is not allowed.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:18 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Wtf is seriously wrong with the society today? [confused]  [hur]  [furious]

Supermarkets in talks to charge for plastic bags

http://www.straitsti...or-plastic-bags

Edited by DACH, 24 September 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Staff69 praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

when i get to a cashier and she says must pay for plastic bags and i'm already buying a lot of things,

I'll just dump them there and say i don't want to buy anymore.

or yeah, i forgot i'm buying from Amazon Prime anyways.

cheap, free delivery, comes with paper bags, cold stuffs properly packed with ice/insulator bag.

why care about supermart plastic bags ? [laugh]

Edited by Kb27, 24 September 2017 - 06:26 PM.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:33 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

when i get to a cashier and she says must pay for plastic bags and i'm already buying a lot of things,

I'll just dump them there and say i don't want to buy anymore.

or yeah, i forgot i'm buying from Amazon Prime anyways.

cheap, free delivery, comes with paper bags, cold stuffs properly packed with ice/insulator bag.

why care about supermart plastic bags ? [laugh]

Amazon prime has poor variety (I am a customer too).

You should try redmart.

Staff69 praised this
That is all.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Amazon prime has poor variety (I am a customer too).

You should try redmart.

i did. Ordered a couple of times from redmart.

Amazon prime price is much better for some product.

And the 2hr delivery is very convenient, if you only have a few hrs free to wait for them.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That's the problem.

Why must everything be solved by money?

You could have:

1. Encourage more online shopping.

2. Switch to paper bags which are more environmental friendly.

3. Monitor cashier staff/or customers using the number of plastic bags for the purchases. I have experiences that some cashiers put one or two items in one plastic bag for big purchases, when the bag can fill up seven to eight things. Why not educate the staff to use plastic bags prudently and educate self check out customers to be mindful of their usage?

Dleodleo and Opel17 praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:40 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i did. Ordered a couple of times from redmart.

Amazon prime price is much better for some product.

And the 2hr delivery is very convenient, if you only have a few hrs free to wait for them.

Really? What kind of products are much cheaper? Share lobang leh haha.

2H delivery not really that useful to me as I don't need things urgently. As long as you can choose the delivery window (Even NTUC allows you to choose the window these days), that's good enough for me.

That is all.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Really? What kind of products are much cheaper? Share lobang leh haha.

2H delivery not really that useful to me as I don't need things urgently. As long as you can choose the delivery window (Even NTUC allows you to choose the window these days), that's good enough for me.

Depends on what you want to buy. Of cuz, not all are cheap, have to compare individual items, but I find Amazon regular "expensive" price sometimes just match or even cheaper than Giant special offer price.

I just ordered some on sale.

Kao Colour Bleach 3L - Amazon $7.45, Ntuc/other shop around $7.90 ~ $8.50

Oral B toothpaste 3pk - Amazon $7.90, match Ntuc if on offer

Ayam brand baked beans - Amazon $1.10, regular price about $1.40

Didn't buy, but it's gone now

Persil powder 5kg - $10.50, regular price $15.

ICE Mountain drinking water 600ml x 24

Bought from petrol station special offer $9.90

Amazon selling $7

Have to keep checking those stuff on sale.

Their price do go up and down, and some items disappear. But I guess they will be back.

Edited by Kb27, 24 September 2017 - 06:57 PM.

Tianmo praised this

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

going to neighbourhood stores to buy no charge for plastic bags

tiong bahru market here i cum😁😁

Edited by Staff69, 24 September 2017 - 07:03 PM.

Spring, Freeder, Newbie26, Sunny, Pocy and Pinobii praised this
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Plastic bags is not something that consumers asked for, for free or on intention.

You need to provide alternatives on how your customers can carry items home, when they buy from you.

Is supermart going to ask you to scoop your own rice from a large bin, bring your own container and self-weigh ?

At which point, do you sell something that you asked your customers to do the work ?

And remember there are plenty of online sellers now. Customers don't need to be charged for your stinking plastic bags.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

JB already started no plastic days on Sat for very long liao, and its across the board on sat. No one is complaining so far, seem like all get use to it liao. Want plastic bag is 20 sens a bag. Everyone bring cartons and recycle bags there.  [laugh]

But instead of asking us to pay for plastic bags, why cant they give us a discount instead if we opt not to have plastic bags? KNN always know how to take only, cannot think of giving one.  <_<  [laugh]

However, i have seen many elderly bring their own recycle bags when they go shopping, good example actually. 

The last time I saw someone use carton boxes to pack their purchase and put on a trolley push to their car! [thumbsup]

芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

when I was in Germany in 2003, they dun give free plastic bag, charge €0.30 for each plastic/paper bag.
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:17 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Isn't this collusion, anti-competition, cartel if they band together to engineer something?

Worst plastic bags are from Fatprice, SS. Prime Supermart plastic bag anytime better than these two combined.

Wtf is seriously wrong with the society today? [confused]  [hur]  [furious]

Supermarkets in talks to charge for plastic bags

http://www.straitsti...or-plastic-bags

Edited by Kangadrool, 24 September 2017 - 08:19 PM.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:25 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Okay....... So now where do I buy plastic bags to bag all my wet kitchen waste in before throwing into the common rubbish chute?

Ender and Freeder praised this
#notmypresident

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Okay....... So now where do I buy plastic bags to bag all my wet kitchen waste in before throwing into the common rubbish chute?

Lol, that is one of the biggest reason why we want our plastic bags.
"You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with." - Jim Rohn

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hoarding up plastic bags now! [laugh]

Ender, Vratenza and Blueray praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Plastic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users