Plastic bag

Poortraveller

yup.. tat place plenty.

otherwise, hang ard the open carpark of ur wet market. usually the vendors will come in 10" long lorry with sliding doors and park there to do biz with the hawkers.

however, the 0.06mm ones may no longer be used. understand they r banned in china becos they not able to hold anything and end up pple just litter them all over, clogging drains, etc.

Edited by Apollo

when i get to a cashier and she says must pay for plastic bags and i'm already buying a lot of things,

I'll just dump them there and say i don't want to buy anymore.

or yeah, i forgot i'm buying from Amazon Prime anyways.

cheap, free delivery, comes with paper bags, cold stuffs properly packed with ice/insulator bag.

why care about supermart plastic bags ? [laugh]

Edited by Kb27

when i get to a cashier and she says must pay for plastic bags and i'm already buying a lot of things,

I'll just dump them there and say i don't want to buy anymore.

or yeah, i forgot i'm buying from Amazon Prime anyways.

cheap, free delivery, comes with paper bags, cold stuffs properly packed with ice/insulator bag.

why care about supermart plastic bags ? [laugh]

Amazon prime has poor variety (I am a customer too).

You should try redmart.

• Praise 1

Amazon prime has poor variety (I am a customer too).

You should try redmart.

i did. Ordered a couple of times from redmart.

Amazon prime price is much better for some product.

And the 2hr delivery is very convenient, if you only have a few hrs free to wait for them.

That's the problem.

Why must everything be solved by money?

You could have:

1. Encourage more online shopping.

2. Switch to paper bags which are more environmental friendly.

3. Monitor cashier staff/or customers using the number of plastic bags for the purchases. I have experiences that some cashiers put one or two items in one plastic bag for big purchases, when the bag can fill up seven to eight things. Why not educate the staff to use plastic bags prudently and educate self check out customers to be mindful of their usage?

• Praise 2

i did. Ordered a couple of times from redmart.

Amazon prime price is much better for some product.

And the 2hr delivery is very convenient, if you only have a few hrs free to wait for them.

Really? What kind of products are much cheaper? Share lobang leh haha.

2H delivery not really that useful to me as I don't need things urgently. As long as you can choose the delivery window (Even NTUC allows you to choose the window these days), that's good enough for me.

Really? What kind of products are much cheaper? Share lobang leh haha.

2H delivery not really that useful to me as I don't need things urgently. As long as you can choose the delivery window (Even NTUC allows you to choose the window these days), that's good enough for me.

Depends on what you want to buy. Of cuz, not all are cheap, have to compare individual items, but I find Amazon regular "expensive" price sometimes just match or even cheaper than Giant special offer price.

I just ordered some on sale.

Kao Colour Bleach 3L - Amazon $7.45, Ntuc/other shop around $7.90 ~ $8.50

Oral B toothpaste 3pk - Amazon $7.90, match Ntuc if on offer

Ayam brand baked beans - Amazon $1.10, regular price about $1.40

Didn't buy, but it's gone now

Persil powder 5kg - $10.50, regular price $15.

ICE Mountain drinking water 600ml x 24

Bought from petrol station special offer $9.90

Amazon selling $7

Have to keep checking those stuff on sale.

Their price do go up and down, and some items disappear. But I guess they will be back.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Plastic bags is not something that consumers asked for, for free or on intention.

You need to provide alternatives on how your customers can carry items home, when they buy from you.

Is supermart going to ask you to scoop your own rice from a large bin, bring your own container and self-weigh ?

At which point, do you sell something that you asked your customers to do the work ?

And remember there are plenty of online sellers now. Customers don't need to be charged for your stinking plastic bags.

JB already started no plastic days on Sat for very long liao, and its across the board on sat. No one is complaining so far, seem like all get use to it liao. Want plastic bag is 20 sens a bag. Everyone bring cartons and recycle bags there.  [laugh]

But instead of asking us to pay for plastic bags, why cant they give us a discount instead if we opt not to have plastic bags? KNN always know how to take only, cannot think of giving one.  <_<  [laugh]

However, i have seen many elderly bring their own recycle bags when they go shopping, good example actually. 

The last time I saw someone use carton boxes to pack their purchase and put on a trolley push to their car! [thumbsup]

Isn't this collusion, anti-competition, cartel if they band together to engineer something?

Worst plastic bags are from Fatprice, SS. Prime Supermart plastic bag anytime better than these two combined.

Wtf is seriously wrong with the society today? [confused]  [hur]  [furious]

Supermarkets in talks to charge for plastic bags

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/supermarkets-in-talks-to-charge-for-plastic-bags

Edited by Kangadrool