Plastic bag

Poortraveller

Cannot recycle but maybe can reduce or reuse.

Reduce usage will also tie in to their other kpi of having more births. 2 birds one stone.

Not forgetting u dont need a big space to make babies right? Recycle... Hmmmm.....wash and reoil then roll back huh?
↡ Advertisement

Cannot recycle but maybe can reduce or reuse.

Reduce usage will also tie in to their other kpi of having more births. 2 birds one stone.

Or can also lead to more abortions or broken families, e.g. fatherless families, or more people contacting STDs.

Me also looking for alternatives..

Any suggestions?

Put all your rubbish into your house bin plastic bag, then bring the bag to the refuse chute, step on the chute pedal, pour out all the rubbish into the chute, bring back your plastic bag home and reuse
  • Praise 1

i hope the 4 supermarkets declare the number of plastic bags they gave out each month.

Once that is done and we find them excessive, we will now ask them to donate the moneybsaved monthly from buying plastic bags to charity organizations. dont just pocket the saving plus the new charges and make this another business model. no wonder they are so champion on environment suddenly.

They will either say:

a) with the reduction in cost, we can now pass the savings to consumers by not increasing some of the necessary products...

b) although there are some cost savings, it is not substantial enough. With the cost increase in other areas like manpower, supplier cost, utilities, etc... We are doing our best not to pass these cost to consumers... Bla... Bla... Bla...

They will either say:

a) with the reduction in cost, we can now pass the savings to consumers by not increasing some of the necessary products...

b) although there are some cost savings, it is not substantial enough. With the cost increase in other areas like manpower, supplier cost, utilities, etc... We are doing our best not to pass these cost to consumers... Bla... Bla... Bla...

Wah. Which GLC are you the CEO of?
  • Praise 1

Wah. Which GLC are you the CEO of?

Aiyah.... These are common lingo lah.....i peasant only nia

Anyway, if they implement it, then giant those self check out counters wont have plastic bags anymore? Or they will station a staff there.... Sir, u want plastic bag? 10cent each...

Edited by currypuff

Aiyah.... These are common lingo lah.....i peasant only nia

Anyway, if they implement it, then giant those self check out counters wont have plastic bags anymore? Or they will station a staff there.... Sir, u want plastic bag? 10cent each...

More likely a dispenser that dispenses plastic bags.

Actually ikea also dont give plastic bags right?

But can request a paper bag to take away at the finger food counters.

Other than that, don't see many people buying many things from the food section.

Heng I don't buy much stuff from supermarket anymore

Buy online?
  • Praise 1

Any suggestions?

at supermarket, pay via self service counters

a lot of plastics bags also self service

dont say i say wan  [lipsrsealed]

Actually ikea also dont give plastic bags right?

yup they dont

otherwise charges for bags are expensive

BYOB the best

• Praise 1

Well, no such sorting bins in our estates. Nothing much most of us can do.

In Beijing, plastic bag needs to pay money.

In apartment i stayed, there is 2 bin.  1 is for food (including whatever u need to pour in sewage) and 1 for others.

In other major cities, gabbage is supposed to be sorted out into difference bins.  Most of us are not there yet.

You're right, it's just a ploy to milk more money from us.

They would have factored in cost of plastic bags into their operating costs and final product retail prices.

Now they want to charge extra for bags?

If grocery prices come down because they stop supplying bags, then I'm all for it.

But if they want to charge extra for bags and grocery prices don't go down, then screw them.

Does plastic bag cost supermart a lot of money ?

Instead of thinking about charging, why not they give a discount to those who bring their own bags ?

5c, 10c, if they think those plastic bags are worth to them.

But of cuz not, that's not the way to do business.

It's all about money.

Environment is always an excuse.

Ironically, you can buy small trash bags (100pcs/pack?) from supermarkets. Or SKP.

Any suggestions?

Good idea. But the smell from raw waste... are you sure you want to reuse that plastic bag? [laugh]

Put all your rubbish into your house bin plastic bag, then bring the bag to the refuse chute, step on the chute pedal, pour out all the rubbish into the chute, bring back your plastic bag home and reuse

If the government is really concern about environmental friendliness, they should start from within the ministries and stats boards.

recent example like the ' Safe driver ' letter, how much paper, postage fee and man-hour can be saved if they send one to each household ( just add names of the drivers )? 

how about banning distribution of flyers? especially those that just throw on your door step and onto your car windscreen ?

and unnecessary upgrade in the neighborhood area, why dig up a perfectly good walk way, and than re-cement again ? etc etc   

• Praise 1

If the government is really concern about environmental friendliness, they should start from within the ministries and stats boards.

recent example like the ' Safe driver ' letter, how much paper, postage fee and man-hour can be saved if they send one to each household ( just add names of the drivers )?

how about banning distribution of flyers? especially those that just throw on your door step and onto your car windscreen ?

and unnecessary upgrade in the neighborhood area, why dig up a perfectly good walk way, and than re-cement again ? etc etc

Just ban cigarettes sales as a start will do...
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1