Insurance agent as career?

Albeniz

I might be making a mid-career switch.

I was at a job fair recently and dropped my particulars at one of the booths.

One international insurance company called me up for an interview. I am not sure if I should attend as I am quite skeptical about the insurance line.

All these while, I have been trained (heavily) in semiconductor-engineering and going into the insurance line is something really new to me.

Any insurance agents out there?

How's career as an insurance agent/financial planner, need your inputs. HELP!

look around you, how many insurance agent you know of? your friends and relative... is a very competitive trade.... go buy NEWPAPER and flip thru the classified section, many adveretisement you see is 'legal way to get cash, thru using CPF' i dare to say almost all are insurance agent's trick to get people to use their CPF to so call invest and in return they loan you some $$$ (which is less than the commission they earn), with or without interest... why they do it? u should know and these are all ILLEGAL...

i m kind of choosing between insurance and property and i ended up choosing property, want to know why... PM me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

if you wanna join insurance with the mentality of earn big bucks, then from my opinion is that you cannot go far.

if you join with the mentality of helping people to do up thier financial planning properly then you can succeed and stay long in the bussiness

Alot of insurance agent just come and go.

i agree with you [nod]

since you are in Car Forum, i can suggest you go drive a cab, the CNG cab company renting out their CNG fleet at a very low rental as ompare to those SONATA company [laugh]

Supercharged

need to get vocational license 1st lah.

not a bad idea. was considering getting 2 more pple, maximise the cab rental, drive the cab 24hrs. then no need to hv a car/mpv liao.

is it A!A?? They also called me.. Problem is I never apply for any Insurance related job before in my entire life.. Dunno how they got my detail??

• Praise 1

Supercharged

he is not referring to TS.

anyway, nothing new. i've sat in taxi driven by retired CEO, CFO. at this stage, beggars can't be choosy. just be grateful sit got a job.

Supercharged

Apologies to TS, don't mean to OT but got to answer Pee Sai Ong....

MQ1 - can only qualify for left hand drive

JQ - MSCP hogger plus got comprain by snail and tortoise for hogging the road

MQ2 - only like to drive bigger cc vehicles, best got tua pao chia

MQ3 - only got roller blade license

MQ4 - donno license still around but be careful cos she might cause u to hand in ic faster when she is on the road

TQ - only got bicycle license

EQ - can qualify to take taxi

so who to partner to drive taxi 24/7??

if you wanna join insurance with the mentality of earn big bucks, then from my opinion is that you cannot go far.

if you join with the mentality of helping people to do up thier financial planning properly then you can succeed and stay long in the bussiness

Alot of insurance agent just come and go.

i agree with you [nod]

agree

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

When I was a small kid, my mother told me to study hard so that I don't have to end up as a road sweeper. Heeding her advice, I studied fanatically.

In the end, my mum was right, I did not end up as a road sweeper. But I ain't in any better position either. [laugh]

One international insurance company called me up for an interview. I am not sure if I should attend as I am quite skeptical about the insurance line.

All these while, I have been trained (heavily) in semiconductor-engineering and going into the insurance line is something really new to me.

hi, why the change? with ur experience u should easily make >5k now and it's stable income. to be a good insurance agents, do u have a good network to begin with? [gossip]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

bro, u can't put it this way...

life is full of upz and downz.... everyone goes thru it but the difficult part is bouncing back fm the downz.

at the end of the day, you might hv yr dream job but is yr life fulfilling?

u can also take this period to spend more time with yr mum.

need to get vocational license 1st lah.

not a bad idea. was considering getting 2 more pple, maximise the cab rental, drive the cab 24hrs. then no need to hv a car/mpv liao.

ok on! you ask Sopny..then we have three some....all stay around the north one....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It's not all bad my fren. Considering the latest twist by Gahmen on their MEdishield and their annuity policies. You might have a calling. Try around and understand the concept first in a sense, you are there to help someone prepare themselves for the long haul. At the end of the day, make friends...smile.gif

Me not agent, but I have sold on behalf of a few of my pals as I believe in insurance to take care of me and my family's needs into the tomblaugh.giflaugh.gif

Supercharged

aiyah...u dun pull my legs lah...7th month still long way...

but on this topic, i hv encountered before this uncle. he drives 1st shift, his wife 2nd shift, perm relief drive 3rd shift. he shared with me that his cab never buy season parkg cos it is on the move all the time. the 3 of them shared the rental very worthwhile. the wife can drive to ngee ann and once finished shoppg there can start work.

I kid you not...Sony did sound interest...but have to go back skool...you stay CCK, he stay some ulu kranji, and me across road nia....laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

then we can have meetupsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

somemore, CNG plant refuel near our place nia.....in between where 3 of us stay

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by RadX
↡ Advertisement