Insurance agent as career?

Albeniz

lol..ur pay could probably engaged 20 bangalas. life is never happy..we enter dark periods sometimes. it will tide over soon [grouphug]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)
hi, why the change? with ur experience u should easily make >5k now and it's stable income. to be a good insurance agents, do u have a good network to begin with? Gossip

That's a common misconception.

When I was with the semicon company, the pay did not cross the 5k mark.

I was the few Ph. Ds there to stand whole day in the lab, stare and finger-polish the wafer samples, day-in, day-out. Most of the lab workers were ITE or poly graduates. But we were doing the same thing. Worried about my career prospect, I decide to quit the company after 1 year of monotonous sample polishing .

I went to US to keep my wife company for 2 months. Unfortunately, the US economy was cloudy and many companies were freezing head count.

I am still actively looking for a chance to go back to industry. It is just that I received this call from the insurance company while waiting for other interviews (the interviews are difficult to come by BTW). I am keeping my options open.

>5k? I am not too sure. The semiconductor industry is really filled with many FTs who are willing to work for half that money.

Edited by Albeniz

honestly...5k nowadays not a lot hor....sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

I make er...er 3/2 of that and ok la...can survivesweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Correct pal,,,,it is sunset for Sgeanssweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

move on to higher service areas and value service chain

Turbocharged
bro, u can't put it this way...

life is full of upz and downz.... everyone goes thru it but the difficult part is bouncing back fm the downz.

at the end of the day, you might hv yr dream job but is yr life fulfilling?

u can also take this period to spend more time with yr mum.

Yeah... my wife and in-laws are nagging.

That's the main problem.

They don't quite understand my predicament and old folks tend to think that with a Ph.D , everybody would want you.

That's definitely not the case. Over-qualification might be a liability itself.

totally agree. in fact, PhDs are more academic inclined and are apt to teaching...

which is why i stopped at masters as if I had a PhD, then I would be considered 'too ex'sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Turbocharged
Correct pal,,,,it is sunset for Sgeans

move on to higher service areas and value service chain

Life has to move on...

I am opening my doors to other options.

That's why I started this thread.

Supercharged

bro i understand the "nagging" issue. i am also going through this period of nagging right now. diversify my skills also a problem with in-laws unsure.gif

yes, old folks won't understand the probs of under or over qualifications. they think got qualifications sure can get a job. of course can get a job even a job as a dishwasher. but they failed to understand whether the job can cover yr basic expenditure or do u hv to end up "top up" from yr savings.

just be patient with yr wife and tune out any other disturbances with a smile.

Supercharged

aiyah ... u n Sony hor...always BS...

already highly-paid n in yr dream career doing what u love where got consider driving a cab.

but if really materialised, i won't mind driving a MPV cab sly.gif

you see...day time me on teh courts....so nite time got thing to do mahlaugh.giflaugh.gif

u call sony here and one day we meet and discuss...thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Supercharged

Sony dono go where and hide ...

Maybe he busy burying all his gold made from the stock market...Nowadays don't see him surfing MCF anymore sly.gif

he cums in odd hours la....after everyone asleep...he like vampiresweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

quite befitting le..you pontianak, me hantu...and vampire...awesome threesomelaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Let's catch up one day with that Sony bugger and plan going forward...many roadshows hiring cab drivers nowadays....

Get a GPS first as your tool k?wink.gif