Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
86 replies to this topic | 56 praises

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

Macross1
  • Macross1
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hey all, I'm thinking of learning to play the guitar? Anyone got lobang?

Any schools or private teachers to recommend?

Is guitar hard to learn? Any tips?

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:08 AM

Preakshox
  • Preakshox
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

never tried yamaha?

my bro taught me though, he took lessons at yamaha.
heard they're bloodsuckers. tongue.gif
'They're off to find the hero of the day....'

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

Gantan88
  • Gantan88
    6th Gear
    Author Image

From Yamaha. But only the branch at Plaza Sing got lessons for adults...
The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I love New Zealand.....

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

Macross1
  • Macross1
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yea I heard stories of that too. Tomorrow I will call them to enquire.

Any other schools or private teachers to recommend?

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

Preakshox
  • Preakshox
    4th Gear
    Author Image

soft's quite an established music forum in sg, my bro frequents it alot.

http://soft.com.sg/f...cher-available/

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:48 AM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

http://one.pa.gov.sg...MSPortal_page_1
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:50 AM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

wow.. geetar also got adult contents?

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Look for Mr Chow Kian Kiong or Mr. Lionel Lim Tze Wei.

Very good classical guitarists and competition winners.
Typical rate is about $50 per hour for 1 private lesson.

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

Route88
  • Premium member
    Route88
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

You can get a lesson from tis man:-

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related
What is the most effective way to control the world?
"MIND CONTROL"

We are being hypnotised and brainwashed !!! 

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:34 AM

Gantan88
  • Gantan88
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Dyn pray pray...
The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

I love New Zealand.....

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

you really meant it.... u dress up like Mr Geetaro?

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

Gantan88
  • Gantan88
    6th Gear
    Author Image

yr photoshop skill uber good.

I love New Zealand.....

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:49 AM

Preakshox
  • Preakshox
    4th Gear
    Author Image

you might as well ask him learn from michael angelo. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

Route88
  • Premium member
    Route88
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I think i post him b4...but he's too fast sweatdrop.gif
What is the most effective way to control the world?
"MIND CONTROL"

We are being hypnotised and brainwashed !!! 

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

Macross1
  • Macross1
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

soft's quite an established music forum in sg, my bro frequents it alot.

http://soft.com.sg/f...cher-available/

Thanks. Will contact some of them. But hard to know who's good. I guess that relative also.

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

Macross1
  • Macross1
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Look for Mr Chow Kian Kiong or Mr. Lionel Lim Tze Wei.

Very good classical guitarists and competition winners.
Typical rate is about $50 per hour for 1 private lesson.

Who are they?

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:10 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i wish i can play like slash or yngwie tongue.gif

Posted 23 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

Lexxmexx
  • Lexxmexx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yamaha is famous for charging super high fees but their curriculum tends to be a bit too rigid but quite decent for pop music. If you only want to learn normal strumming, you can consider lessons at community centres or self teach (the Dummies for Guitar book is not bad).

If you want to learn lead or classical guitar, you should consider Yamaha unless you know some pros who teach.

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Digging up this thread makes me feel like I'm an archaeologist. I am planning to take up playing bass guitar, do I go Yamaha?
Me Newcastle fan

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:36 PM

Kilomatrix
  • Kilomatrix
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hey all, I'm thinking of learning to play the guitar? Anyone got lobang?

Any schools or private teachers to recommend?

Is guitar hard to learn? Any tips?

I have been playing for a while. I took up formal classical lessons from a private tutor (1 to 1) for about 2 years back in the early 90s. All I can say is, your tutor can only give you an hour of lesson per week, the rest is all your own hard work. How fast you want to progress depends on how many hours you want to devote yourself to practising the instrument.

There is a difference between playing and practising. Playing is just playing your favourite tunes whereas for practising, you will have to practise various right and left hand techniques daily to build up your strength and agility, to allow you to handle more difficult pieces at a later stage. Absolutely no short cut. Just to share....

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Guitar, Lessons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users