Trusty

Which fridge brand is better?  

88 members have voted

1. 1.

• mitsubishi
    • samsung
    • lg

Turbocharged
But the savings on your monthly elect bill would be better, the cost of the fridge is a one time cost which you control. The cost of elect is a monthly cost, which is only going to go up.

This is the reaason why i got an F & P instead of normal fridge, my bills are lower. And when elect increase comes in (April), it affects me less.

How much is F&P fridge?

If they price it too high, then will end up paying upfront for the electricity to F&P instead of SP...

Its depends on capacity, its about $1k+ a little.

I got mine with a 5 year warranty, I guess for fridges it can easily last more then 8 years. So no harm spending more on good quality.

Unless you intend to change fridges every year! [laugh]

Turbocharged

Need to get a new fridge for the house. Looking at bottom freezer type and was recommended a Hitachi model. Any comments on Hitachi fridges?

• Praise 1

If Price is not an issue, Mitsubishi will last you at least 10 years or more

Hitachi is also good

Must also check which one fits your size

and the ease of getting parts after warranty

Need to get a new fridge for the house. Looking at bottom freezer type and was recommended a Hitachi model. Any comments on Hitachi fridges?

• Praise 4

Fisher & Paykel if you want something simple and last for years and years.  I think they don't even change the design as the current ones look exactly like mine bought more than 10 years ago!

• Praise 4

Current one so far so good.

Bought in 2013 and serving us well. Got it from a shop in AMK saved me about 10%

Twincharged

actually all fridges should work just as well as the other, unless you are looking for some specific functions or capabilities.

the only thing you need to do to ensure your fridge serves you for as long as it can is not to overload it by putting too much stuffs inside.

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 2

The vacuum compartment function sounds interesting and unique. Does it work as well in practice?

Had used 2 Mitsubishi for 2 decades

The vacuum compartment function sounds interesting and unique. Does it work as well in practice?

Yep, it keep food fresh for longer period by vacuum, not a freezer.

Yep, it keep food fresh for longer period by vacuum, not a freezer.

So it is at same temperature as non freezer compartment?

Vegetables and fruits can use?

So it is at same temperature as non freezer compartment?

Vegetables and fruits can use?

Same temp.

Compartment not big like those for veg/fruit. You decide what you want to keep there ...... fish, veg, etc

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Using Panasonic fridge now and it actually condenses outside the freezer. Many sales people tell me that problem without me telling that I am having such an issue.  [smallcry]

actually all fridges should work just as well as the other, unless you are looking for some specific functions or capabilities.

the only thing you need to do to ensure your fridge serves you for as long as it can is not to overload it by putting too much stuffs inside.

• Praise 1

Using Panasonic fridge now and it actually condenses outside the freezer. Many sales people tell me that problem without me telling that I am having such an issue. [smallcry]

I'm using Panasonic too. It doesnt hv any condensation problem but the side corner of the door already started to rust. Is it due to condensation?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1