Appeal to traffic police

Hcblue99

i also sent in a complaint against a van over weekend but till now still nothing other than an auto-acknowledgement [:p]

Change your name to ang moh name. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hi all. Received 9 dem points and $170 in the mail box. Didnt state when's the expiry date to settle the fine. Appeal kena reject. A friend told me to email them telling when i will come down scared fine go up and will become court case if i dont pay. But they didnt state when expire. Any advice

Hi all. Received 9 dem points and $170 in the mail box. Didnt state when's the expiry date to settle the fine. Appeal kena reject. A friend told me to email them telling when i will come down scared fine go up and will become court case if i dont pay. But they didnt state when expire. Any advice

never state expiry date then can dun pay meh?

Hypersonic
(edited)

God Sent Summons... :a-t2622:  .. must be somewhere written like within 2 weeks of the Notice Date or something like that

if you can just post the notice here and got many bros' also interested to find out how come like that (you may black out your details of course) 

Edited by BanCoe

Pay the summon first even if you want to appeal. Grace period normally 30 days but better pay earliest to avoid any lapse resulting in fine being compounded and attending court.

Twincharged

Pay the summon first even if you want to appeal. Grace period normally 30 days but better pay earliest to avoid any lapse resulting in fine being compounded and attending court.

I thought if want to appeal, don't pay first? From what I remember, once you pay, even if you appeal successfully, they won't refund already. The most is return you your demerit points. Once the appeal is sent to them, your expiry date to pay the fine is extended IIRC.

Hypersonic

never state expiry date then can dun pay meh?

Maybe got 'best before' date :secret-laugh:

• Praise 1

Pay the summon first and then write in to appeal with a good reason. Reason must be convincing and tell them you are good citizen and that is why you pay first. If they allowed your appeal, they will refund you the summon amount you paid.

Supercharged

What's your 9 points and $170 for?

Speeding?

If reject, appeal 2nd, 3rd time might also be same case. Can don't pay, go look for MP and ask MP write letter for you, but please have a damn good valid reason.

Fines are usually 14 days payable, there's a compounding date, don't kancheong, read properly.

Even if you missed the date, they will send you red letter and ask you to quickly pay. Go court not so easy one.

Pay the summon first and then write in to appeal with a good reason. Reason must be convincing and tell them you are good citizen and that is why you pay first. If they allowed your appeal, they will refund you the summon amount you paid.

My experience is they will never pay back.

I still got $100 with LTA haven't get back yet. 3 years liao.

What's your 9 points and $170 for?

Speeding?

If reject, appeal 2nd, 3rd time might also be same case. Can don't pay, go look for MP and ask MP write letter for you, but please have a damn good valid reason.

Fines are usually 14 days payable, there's a compounding date, don't kancheong, read properly.

Even if you missed the date, they will send you red letter and ask you to quickly pay. Go court not so easy one.

Then I think they must have forgotten. They need to refund you and you can lodge a complain, especially 3 years is very long. 

Supercharged

Then I think they must have forgotten. They need to refund you and you can lodge a complain, especially 3 years is very long. 

I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like that their accounts every year can tally meh?  :secret-laugh:

Twincharged

IIRC, they won't refund. They already tell you not to pay if you are appealing. Once pay, they won't refund. They will just return you demerit points if your appeal is successful. 

Cannot use to offset your road tax meh?

wait for AG to audit their accounts lor

I'm sure I'm not the only one. Like that their accounts every year can tally meh?  :secret-laugh:

Supercharged

Cannot use to offset your road tax meh?

wait for AG to audit their accounts lor

if can good liao loh...

the money has gone for the 'greater good' liao...

AG audit liao also dunno return to who... I'm pretty sure it's not just my $100 floating there.  :secret-laugh:

Turbocharged

3 years! sheesh... you really need to remind them.

I once forgot to insert the cash card (after topping) into the IU and drove into CBD. Promptly got an error. Spoke to LTA same day and was advised to wait for their summons. 

Got the letter two weeks later demanding $2 plus $8 admin fee... or else...

Paid online and then remembered that previously, LTA asked me to call them before making any payment... doh!

Called them anyway; they said - damn you're stupid (not really) - no problem and proceeded to refund the $8 admin fee back to account. Received the payment in ~ 3 days.

oh yea... dad got a summon for speeding a month back... 6 demerit points and ~150$... he appealed and they waived off the points and fine. 

Sometimes, I think they're just way too lax when it comes to listening to people's sob stories  [shakehead]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

3 years! sheesh... you really need to remind them.

I once forgot to insert the cash card (after topping) into the IU and drove into CBD. Promptly got an error. Spoke to LTA same day and was advised to wait for their summons. 

Got the letter two weeks later demanding $2 plus $8 admin fee... or else...

Paid online and then remembered that previously, LTA asked me to call them before making any payment... doh!

Called them anyway; they said - damn you're stupid (not really) - no problem and proceeded to refund the $8 admin fee back to account. Received the payment in ~ 3 days.

oh yea... dad got a summon for speeding a month back... 6 demerit points and ~150$... he appealed and they waived off the points and fine. 

Sometimes, I think they're just way too lax when it comes to listening to people's sob stories  [shakehead]

I've torn up the summons after appeal was successful. Thinking the money would be 'auto-credited' to my card.

Well... at least now I can go around and bravely say the gahmen owes me money.  :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement