Is it a good time to buy a landed property to stay now?

Milgram

Want landed lifestyle just rent and put the cash in investments with 5 percent yield.

No maintenance headaches. No outstanding loan. No stamp duties to pay to pappies. And free to move to near where your kids study or where you work. Or when you start disliking your neighbours.

Edited by Volvobrick
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Want landed lifestyle just rent and put the cash in investments with 5 percent yield.

No maintenance headaches. No outstanding loan. No stamp duties to pay to pappies. And free to move to near where your kids study or where you work. Or when you start disliking your neighbours.

Thats also another alternative.

But non ownership, singaporeans cannot take it lah, bro!

Muayhahahahahahahaaha

• Praise 1

Actually people who buy properties are not thinking life will be rosy.

It’s the reverse.

They have no confidence in the future value of money ie SGD.

People who can’t be bothered about asset prices are very secure about their future plans with or without the private properties. They believe in a very predictable future whichever trajectory it is in.

Oh i see.

But if husband and wife total only $20k a month , where got SES to talk about?

At least must add another zero behind then can.

Me, i am a jobless bum

paper say its minimum 6-8k........not i say wan...

Pricewise is diff to say. For landed, many considerations. since buying to stay, satisfy yourself most important.

construction costs are 20-25% higher than a yr ago. i'm doing my place now so i can feel the pain. make sure you set aside some money for such works.

Best

Ole ole ole ole ole ole

My folks thinking about purchasing a landed (F/H) property now (to stay). It's about 980K. Land size 1300 sqft, built up about 1500 sqft. Is it wise for them to get it now? Is the price okay?

Thanks. gossip.gif

Hope they bought it.  [thumbsup]

Today for 980k can only get a 2 bedroom 99 year condo

in woodleigh.

:D

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Bro, nowadays most people earn at least $10k.

Husband and wife already $20k

Can buy a simple condo lah.

Singaporeans very rich one.

Muayhahahahahahaa

even combine salary of $20k,you want condo of $2m and drive a car, you virtually don't have much saving and pretty much in debts. when 1 party got retrenched, that is where you see problems.

necessary to struggle this way to be in high society?

• Praise 1

even combine salary of $20k,you want condo of $2m and drive a car, you virtually don't have much saving and pretty much in debts. when 1 party got retrenched, that is where you see problems.

The amazing thing is if one assume that 20k income will be there forever until retirement, some more maybe got upside. People are just cherry picking what to believe or plan. Even if property is a hedge against inflation, problem is can you last the 30 year journey to pay it off. It is the liquidity in-between that matters. For that liquidity, it means no options for rest of one's working life but to ensure you jolly well keep your rice bowl. The "tiredness" of this reality will set in usually when one hit midlife.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

2 mil house is about 7k per month @ 1.6mil loan/3.5% interest.

Still got 13k left over leh. If cannot survive on 13k per month then I will be dead already  [sweatdrop]

Of course, there is also a big difference between someone making 20k in their 20s and someone making 20k in their 50s.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The amazing thing is if one assume that 20k income will be there forever until retirement, some more maybe got upside. People are just cherry picking what to believe or plan. Even if property is a hedge against inflation, problem is can you last the 30 year journey to pay it off. It is the liquidity in-between that matters. For that liquidity, it means no options for rest of one's working life but to ensure you jolly well keep your rice bowl. The "tiredness" of this reality will set in usually when one hit midlife.

Agreed, it is a big difference in quality for life if u work without a heavy mortgage around our neck. Esp for Engineers reaching 40... 50 years old.

Turbocharged

Still got 13k left over leh. If cannot survive on 13k per month then I will be dead already [sweatdrop]

Of course, there is also a big difference between someone making 20k in their 20s and someone making 20k in their 50s.

no wonder show flats are also full. haha

Thanks for the advice bro! Do you think that the timing is right to buy the property now?

The purpose is for your own stay, as long as the house meets your expectation yet within your budget, why not? though price of landed has chalked up.

Turbocharged

The purpose is for your own stay, as long as the house meets your expectation yet within your budget, why not? though price of landed has chalked up.

U do know that question was 10 years ago....

Still got 13k left over leh. If cannot survive on 13k per month then I will be dead already [sweatdrop]

Damn, i CAN’T survive on $13k a month!!!!!

Taxes alone already, ????

But thats last time lah.

Now jobless, surviving on $1.3k per month

In 20s make $20k per month is possible but most likely kelong one

In 50s make $20k per month is already sad story Fail already by MCF standards

Sorry hor, truth only

But today is national day, happy can already, earn how much per month doesnt matter.

Better than me jobless bum

Edited by Throttle2

sorry if this has been asked before, for a 3M thereabouts budget (i.e. about 1M cash), would it make sense to buy two D1, D2 one bedroom apt and rent them out, and then rent a small D10 (holland/6 ave) landed terrace/semi D for own stay?

Edited by Chongster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2