Road Trip to Ipoh

Astro

Thanks for the info......

But a bit far to drive just to drink soya bean and eat tow huay lei......

Any other good food?

bean sprout chicken. ipoh laksa. Ipoh whorefun!!

Edited by Bavarian
↡ Advertisement

Hi

Has anyone been to the Lost World of Tambun @ Ipoh, was it nice? Thinking of driving up with my family (with a 7yr old kid) this mid Dec, any advice on the places of interest and good food there? Also, recommendation on a good place to put up as well. Thanks in advance!

Regards

post-77814-1291035130_thumb.jpg

Visited Ipoh during the CNY and the National day this year and visited the Lost world of Tambu during the 2nd trip. Not a bad place to visit.

I stayed at Regalodge Hotel. I will recommend this hotel. There may be limited parking in the hotel compound, but you can park outside the hotel. There is 24hr guard and they will look after your car.

The food you should try,

1. Foh San Dim Sum

2. Funny Mountain Soya Bean

3. Ann Kheng Lim Salted Chicken

4. Lou wong Tauge Chicken

5. Nam Heong White Cofee

6. Sun Seng Fatt Curry Mee

Visited Ipoh during the CNY and the National day this year and visited the Lost world of Tambu during the 2nd trip. Not a bad place to visit.

I stayed at Regalodge Hotel. I will recommend this hotel. There may be limited parking in the hotel compound, but you can park outside the hotel. There is 24hr guard and they will look after your car.

The food you should try,

1. Foh San Dim Sum

2. Funny Mountain Soya Bean

3. Ann Kheng Lim Salted Chicken

4. Lou wong Tauge Chicken

5. Nam Heong White Cofee

6. Sun Seng Fatt Curry Mee

Regalodge is pretty good if you're not looking for luxurious settings. For the suite, you get massage/spa thrown in (a bit sleazy, in my opinion).

Lost World of Tambu is a poor cousin of Sunway Lagoon, but if you just want to while away a morning, I guess it's fine. Just don't set your expectation too high.

Food wise - yeah, the above list is great. Can't really go wrong. There's a fish soup place that's fantastic and it's just across the street from Regalodge.

U can try Syuen Hotel its located juz besides the parkson parade shopping centre.

Opp the road at nite will pop up a nite food st called " Cha Shui Jie".

In Ipoh u must try the Tau Gay Chix or in Canto called 'Na Cio Gai' supposedly the Lao Wang shop is the most reputable!

Gua Temburong must go with guide into deep inside the cave then is fun. Will get very wet. (horny men reading this, please do not think what you are thinking) [shakehead]

Regalodge in Ipoh is recommended for its price, location and big lcd tv with many channels! One interesting thing is the can drinks in the minibar is ABSOLUTELY FREE. [thumbsup] Only drawback is the room has damp smell. Need to open up the windows for some fresh air first.

From Ipoh, drive up about 1 hour to near Taiping for a day trip to BUKIT MERAH LAKETOWN RESORT if you have kids. They'll love the different water rides. There is also a minizoo within the resort as well as an orang utan island.

Thanks to All for the recommendations! What about shopping if I may ask, is there big malls ard?

Regards

Two major shopping malls, Kinta City Shopping Centre and Ipoh Parade.

I think Kinta City is the biggest one in Ipoh.

Gua Temburong must go with guide into deep inside the cave then is fun. Will get very wet. (horny men reading this, please do not think what you are thinking) [shakehead]

Regalodge in Ipoh is recommended for its price, location and big lcd tv with many channels! One interesting thing is the can drinks in the minibar is ABSOLUTELY FREE. [thumbsup] Only drawback is the room has damp smell. Need to open up the windows for some fresh air first.

From Ipoh, drive up about 1 hour to near Taiping for a day trip to BUKIT MERAH LAKETOWN RESORT if you have kids. They'll love the different water rides. There is also a minizoo within the resort as well as an orang utan island.

sounds good for a getaway during CNY....... [thumbsup]

Just a word of caution on the parking at ipoh.

Normally, when you park your car, there will be some guys collecting RM$2 from you. Especially near to those famous eating places.

Remember to give him the exact change. There is one time when I give them RM$10 and they refuse to change me back. Only after some arguement than the guy give me back RM$6 and promise that he will take good care of my car.

Learn to look out for all the signs and be alert. I have traveled in Malaysia all this time without GPS and have managed to survive with a street directory only. laugh.gif

km62 Ipoh-KL trunk road crash. Lost in jungle for 3 days.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/car-crash-survivor-survives-three-day-jungle-ordeal

IPOH, Oct 24 — He was flung out of a car following an accident and ended in a 20m-deep ravine and suffered broken limbs.

Through his sheer will to survive, A. Nicholas Andrew crawled through thick jungle for three days and drank drain water while praying to be rescued.

The 33-year-old Civil Defence Department worker was driving with a friend, R. Thiyagarajan, 34, from Tapah to Bidor on Sunday to send invitations to his younger sister’s wedding later this month, when the car swerved off the road and landed in a ravine at Km62.8 of the Ipoh-Kuala Lumpur trunk road near Tanah Mas.

Andrew was discovered by orang asli villagers at a nearby oil palm plantation on Wednesday evening and was rushed to Tapah Hospital.

He recounted the incident to Tapah police, who found Thiyagarajan’s body at the exact spot he told them, pinned under the vehicle.

Andrew said he was unable to recall much about the crash, which police said occurred at about 3am on Sunday.

“All I remember is that I lost control of the car. The next thing I remember was opening my eyes in a 20m-deep ravine,” he said when met at the Teluk Intan Hospital, where he was transferred to yesterday.

car_accident_2410_840_472_100.jpg

There is also the Guthrie Highway route, plenty of tolls (3 or 4) but its a newly paved road with v few cars due to the toll, and a nice stretch to clear some carbon.

• Praise 1