Which is your choice of dashboard design in these cars?

Kelpie

Which is your choice of dashboard design in these cars?  

58 members have voted

1. 1.

• Lancer
    • Altis
    • Sylphy
    • Civic
    • Focus
    • Mazda 3

1. Hi all, please see these pics:

Lancerdashboard.jpg

altisdashboard.jpg

bluebirddashboard.jpg

civicdashboard.jpg

focusdashboard.jpg

mazda3dashboard.jpg

2. These pics were taken from Taiwan Auto Driver Magazine in car review.

3. 1st of all, which is your choice of a dashboard design?

4. Then, I've some questions [laugh]:

a) Do you know which one has the most "plasticky" feel in this review?

b) Which has the best design and feel in term of assembly and material used?

c) Which one the highest equipment level (subjective because we've stripped down version in SG)?

Thank you for voting.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

A: Forcus... the small little dot on the dashboard.. wah lao.. at times, those van have better finishing.. one of my reason not going for focus.

B: Mz3... personal perference.. although the Civic come very close.. reason being the 2 tier may look good but in the long run, doesn't really suit driving purpose.. and nothing beat the moving up of needle compared to numbers.. again, personal perference.

P.S. I'm a button person [:p]

C: No idea.. must see what the screen can project.. some is just pure HU, some can do a lot more.. the Focus look strip down already..

BTW.. all look a bit a pek leh..

Edited by Sony

Hypersonic
(edited)

Having sat in all these cars except the focus.

The nicest dashboard is the lancer EX if u like traditional consoles. Altis if u r more accepting of new technology. The aircon dials and everything are nice to turn. The fake carbon fibre trim kinda suits the interior well cos its both very dark colored, with the tinted glass it feels like a dark ****pit sometimes. B4 the EX, wld say the MZ3 is nice but its beginning to look dated in the time of LCD displays n touchscreen technology.

Highest equipment level? - has to be the altis. A touchscreen DVD player with no extra buttons just cleans up the dashboard, makes everything look very sleek. The variant shown here is not exactly the same as the local one cos the local one does not have any buttons beside the display panel. Its just a display panel with the climate control underneath.

The civic dashboard other than digital speedo n tacho, is quite ordinary. The way the buttons r oriented oso i find its a bit less intuitive for me at least.

Think at least for Sg, in a few yrs time, all the 1.6L jap saloons will be offering touchscreen DVD/cd changer technology. Its like LCD vs CRT monitor in computers

Edited by Lala81

4. Then, I've some questions :

a) Do you know which one has the most "plasticky" feel in this review?

b) Which has the best design and feel in term of assembly and material used?

c) Which one the highest equipment level (subjective because we've stripped down version in SG)?

Thank you for voting.

1. The most plasticky winner went to Lancer. Reviewers commented that the materials used are rough and hard and pay less attention to detail and refinement. Mazda 3 materials used are simple and no-frills.

2. As some have guessed it right, Altis has the highest equipment level thanks to the built-in DVD HU. Focus also pretty good in equipment with electric seats, dual control air-con vent and etc but boring design.

3. Civic emerged winner for its quality design, assembly and materials used but with the least equipment level because of a lack of DVD HU and GPS.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

lancer is gd.. have drive my friends. but my impreza is like those cheap feeling the door etc compare to the lancer..

my vote goes to the civic's interior as its simple and driver-oriented.

esp the digital speedo. [thumbsup]

[drivingcar][drivingcar][drivingcar]

[reply]

my vote goes to the civic's interior as its simple and driver-oriented.

esp the digital speedo. thumbsup.gif

With all due respect, I have different opinion from you, bro. The digital speedo is one thing which I dislike about it. The display so big, just traveling in the next lane can see clearly what speed the civic is driving at. shakehead.gif Its so obvious. unimpressed.gif

Would be better if it comes with something like privacy films like of thingy, so that only driver gets the full view.

Neutral Newbie

all looks soooo ah pek except for civic and mazda... [hur]

but the lancer looks so diff fr mine leh... if mine looks like tis, i dun think i'll get lancer liao [:p]