Private property prices... Up or Down?

Kelfinity

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/news/bleak-outlook-home-rental-sector-remains-despite-strong-demand-in-1h

Oct 4, 2016

Leasing deals rose by 8.2% in 1H.

Demand for private residential leasing transactions is on the rise but it is unlikely to outstrip supply just yet, said Savills.

After an increase of 5.7% in the first quarter, private residential leasing transactions jumped 10.8% in Q2/2016, with 19,299 deals.

For the first half of this year, the number of leasing transactions was up 8.2% on last year.

By market segments, the strongest QoQ growth was in the Rest of Central Region (RCR) with 13.3%, followed by the Outside Central Region (OCR) with 9.9%. Savills notes that in the Core Central Region (CCR), where much of the demand is linked to the expatriate community, leasing transactions went up 9.0% QoQ, to 5,655 deals.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Everyone knows this is not a Bull market

Thought we all agreed previously that this poor Bull kenna chained down cannot move lah

Do not think people talk up the market

It is just reporting or reflecting what is actually happening at launches and developers still bidding aggressively and the amount invested

This is not some bull talk but real talk lah  [laugh]

The Bull cannot charge because of chains

But if Bull suffocates, trainer releases the chains

Oh you mean now not bull market ah???
I confused becos the way you guys talk is so bullish

Ok paiseh paiseh

Now long stagnated period can sell 40% to 50% is damn good already
Ok you want to hear advice ah? Yes buy ah! Take my advice and buy ah!! Chiong ah

• Praise 13

Everytime I feel that recession is coming ....... all i need to do is look at this thread . :grin: then i will say "simi recession ?"

Ya Lor...look at forest woods sure no recession de :D

• Praise 6

Everytime I feel that recession is coming ....... all i need to do is look at this thread . :grin: then i will say "simi recession ?"

eh... property market is a lagging indicator

• Praise 2

Bro, simi recession? From new launch mass market to super prime multi millions luxury properties...

all still selling lah...and some with nice profits too! [laugh]

Huat ah! :D

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/3-million-profit-sentosa-cove

October 4, 2016

A house at Ocean Drive with a land area of 9,580 sq ft was transacted at a profit of $3 million for the seller who had bought the house for $25 million, or $2,610 psf on land, in 2011 and resold it at $28 million, or $2,923 psf. The buyer is understood to be a Chinese national. Based on URA caveat data, the property has changed hands at a profit three times.

In the week of Sept 20 to 27, the largest profit, in the landed residential segment, of $3.6 million accrued to a detached house on Mayfield Avenue with a land area of 5,296 sq ft. The house was bought for $2.4 million, or $453 psf on land, in 2003 and resold at $6 million, or $1,132 psf, on Sept 23. This is also the most profitable transaction for landed homes at Mayfield Avenue to date.

In the non-landed segment, a 6,060 sq ft at The Orchard Residences was transacted at a profit of $1.62 million on Sept 21. The owner who had bought the unit from the developer for $15.88 million, or $2,620 psf, in 2007 resold it at $17.5 million, or $2,888 psf.

Two more non-landed homes were sold at profits of over a million each for their owners. On Sept 26, a 3,186 sq ft unit at Hills Apartment was sold at $4.5 million, or $1,412 psf, after being bought for $2.88 million, or $904 psf, in 2004.

A day later, on Sept 27, a 1,959 sq ft unit at Teresa Ville that was bought for $800,000, or $408 psf, in 2003 was resold at $1.88 million, or $960 psf, resulting in a $1.08 million profit .

• Praise 6

Ignore the noise.

If buy with realistic expectations, no issue at all. The market is held in place well. There are those that buy the wrong property at the "right" time (say 2009) and still suffer heavy losses. And there are those who have actualised gains buying at the "wrong" time (say 2013).

As for the lagging effect, I do suspect there will be a sudden price spike with Q4 results due to some resales taken off market and the new sales moved to Q4.

Don't be too surprised when the lag occurs.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 2

GPGT...still hot like market...buyers galore :D

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2016/10/137279/forest-woods-condo-attracts-over-500-cheques

Forest Woods condo attracts over 500 cheques

October 4, 2016

http://www.theedgeproperty.com.sg/content/forest-woods-launch-october-8

Forest Woods to launch on October 8

October 4, 2016

Got 100% sold or not? if not then sorry hor, market is still sibei jialat =)

• Praise 3

Everytime I feel that recession is coming ....... all i need to do is look at this thread .  :grin:  then i will say "simi recession ?"

this is already considered as recession in singapore

u forgotten when there is no recession? Jurong East price at $1,700 psf ok

• Praise 1

There is a slight correlation but not a very strong one.

when you find a very strong correlation, please let me know

:D

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Frankly, I am just waiting for US interest rates to rise....

I think a lot of people like me.

The problem is wait until so loooong already. On the bright side, the interest rate cannot go any lower... so has to go up... only a question of when.

The big question is will the interest rate go up in like 1 year, 3 years, or 20 years later.

• Praise 1

when you find a very strong correlation, please let me know

:D

Haha why you ask me, I'm not the one who says that there is a lagging link to both markets.. I'm just making an observation from the chart. i never said that there would be a very strong correlation, nor am i looking for one. But it does seem to slightly lag prior to 2010 but after that, perhaps due to measures, the charts do not seem to lag imho.

• Praise 3

Hi Wind30 bro, confirmed December 2016 Fed will raise interest rates. My bet. Unless something very drastic happens.

But it is a good news since over two years increase will be at max 0.5%.

After the next raise of 0.25%, any further raise will meet with very strong resistance. I talked about US debt last year and I reiterate that the US wants a confidence boost raising interest rates but will not throw heavy rocks at their own feet. I had a bet with a bro CH_CO more than a year back that there will be only one rate increase this year.

Going forward, it will be even harder for US to raise anything whoever wins the elections. In fact, it has a chance of falling again if Trump becomes president.

The only chance of interest spiking suddenly is if massive currency devaluation is allowed to "reduce" the size of debts. When that happens, any asset value will spike much more than any effect of so-called interest rate changes. It has happened throughout history. Everybody loses except asset owners.

Frankly, I am just waiting for US interest rates to rise....

I think a lot of people like me.

The problem is wait until so loooong already. On the bright side, the interest rate cannot go any lower... so has to go up... only a question of when.

The big question is will the interest rate go up in like 1 year, 3 years, or 20 years later.

Edited by Showster
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2