Private property prices... Up or Down?

Kelfinity

Bo leh, I read the lodged caveats all units big and small max 1400+- leh.

Where did you see 1600 brudder.

That's the list price, but even at the 14xx, that's nuts IMO.. you can score an older place in the CCR for the same or less..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Stay HDB lor.

Why need to be equivalent? I can downgrade and do a lot more with 600k in the pocket.

Cool

But sometimes In life its good to just enjoy the higher comfort and convenience

No need to buy CCR lah

For me, its highly preferred

• Praise 1

Cool

But sometimes In life its good to just enjoy the higher comfort and convenience

For me, its highly preferred

Even CCR you have to see where, Mackenzie Rd also CCR but living near the present day Rex cinema and opposite little India isn't an ideal location.

Sometimes it's not about the CCR part. It's also about staying close to work, schools and places we go to often like our church etc.

This proximity to preferred locations is sometime worth paying for.

But I would go for an older unit, a freehold unit if possible.

• Praise 1

Some people say mackenzie area has great potential leh, multiple MRT lines and developments coming

But Its more RCR

Those people who bought city square residence when others raised concerns about the area already huat huat huat huat close to 4 times over

At the end of the day, different folks, different strokes

Even CCR you have to see where, Mackenzie Rd also CCR but living near the present day Rex cinema and opposite little India isn't an ideal location.

• Praise 11

http://sbr.com.sg/commercial-property/news/wheelocks-cash-pile-could-top-1b-1h17

Wheelock's cash pile could top $1b by 1H17

Dec 2, 2016

It could gain $600m from two recent projects.

RHB is expecting Wheelock to have more cash pouring in over the next few quarters as the developer continues to collect progress billings for its substantially sold Panorama project and generate proceeds from new sales from its already completed Ardmore 3 project.

According to the research house, billings from these two projects could bring in an additional $600m cash by end 1H17 and raise the firm's net cash position to $1bn, putting it in a pristine position to seek out acquisitions or land-banking opportunities.

Wheelock previous extremely capable CEO David Lawrence used to look at Neptune ct enbloc closely before he passed away in early 2012. Logically the company now has the balance sheet strength to take on enbloc project with over $2b GDV.

Unfortunately their poorly executed panorama was too painful and make current management highly risk averse, while the grand plan to redevelop forum, Hilton n four seasons hotels together with hotel properties have been hanging in the air given the current gloomy retail and hotel property outlook.

• Praise 3

Yes certainly. Everywhere also have to see where.

there are two main components

Location is only one.

Actual Site is the other.

Location would be the district or the general area.

Actual site would be the actual surroundings.

Especially landed houses.

Location sometimes good but the site is horrible.

its something like picking a girlfriend

Location is choosing the face.

Site is choosing the body.

Putting unnatural means (surgery) aside

Face cannot change, pretty means pretty

Body can change if fat can work out to be slim

However, it is still not easy

Therefore its important to choose good site in good location.

Muayhahahaha

Good weekend

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Sometimes it's not about the CCR part. It's also about staying close to work, schools and places we go to often like our church etc.

This proximity to preferred locations is sometime worth paying for.

But I would go for an older unit, a freehold unit if possible.

Yes

For living, each person has to see what fits.

location of property to live in and investment property can be vastly different

You can live in suburbs but own a property in city. Or vice versa.

i was talking about my personal preference for investment properties.

CCR remains my personal choice.

The key behind property investment or any investment, is the strategy behind it.

Everybody's background, income level, tax kenna, preferred values in life, are all very different.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

It's likely not what you buy that matters, but your intention and long term plans that matter.

• Praise 1

What about FH CCRs at $2500-3000psf? ð

Many there!

Have to see which part of CCR and what is the size of the unit. Many other considerations apart from price alone. If talking about mickey mouse units, Espada is imo a better investment than Twin Peaks on price, tenure and location.
  • Praise 1

Just for discussion, If you have $1m to invest in Espada, will it be for capital appreciation or yield?

Espada has super MM, 300sfeet, presumably is for yield?

Twinpeak yield may be higher than similar size unit in Espada

Best example of CCR LH is  Amaryllis at newton. think> 15 years lease used up already

But those who bought at peak in 2013 would have lost less money today compared to if they have bought similar FH in the area.

Have to see which part of CCR and what is the size of the unit. Many other considerations apart from price alone. If talking about mickey mouse units, Espada is imo a better investment than Twin Peaks on price, tenure and location.

• Praise 2

Just for discussion, If you have $1m to invest in Espada, will it be for capital appreciation or yield?

Espada has super MM, 300sfeet, presumably is for yield?

Twinpeak yield may be higher than similar size unit in Espada

Best example of CCR LH is Amaryllis at newton. think> 15 years lease used up already

But those who bought at peak in 2013 would have lost less money today compared to if they have bought similar FH in the area.

The 960k unit I suggested for espada is for a 4xxsqft unit, potential for cap gain. Just look at what jgateway mickey mouse is asking. I personally won't pay 960k for a 3xxsqft unit. If talking about rental yield, it is easily 3.5-4% gross, something you can't see for many CCR ptys. Edited by LPPL

IMHO, be careful when you shop for such small units.

It may be affordable, coming in at under a million, but the market is filled with such units, and the demand is diminishing. That means rentals are not so great, and you can't sell them so easily.

Furthermore they are too small for a family to live in. So unless you are a swinging single, it's a squeeze. 

I bought my first CCR FH unit some 30 years ago and in between then and now, have bought & sold many CCR FH units and houses.

Have never been out of D10 though, even with a growing portfolio of CCR properties now owned.

If there is one learning that I can share here ... it is the gross square-footage in hand, which will be your key enabler to attain that quantum-leap across segments (e.g. from strata title to a landed).

Low square-footage won't buy you much mileage to transcend, especially when the market turns and if back-to-back buy-sells is to be your investment MO.

• Praise 1

I bought my first CCR FH unit some 30 years ago and in between then and now, have bought & sold many CCR FH units and houses.

Have never been out of D10 though, even with a growing portfolio of CCR properties now owned.

If there is one learning that I can share here ... it is the gross square-footage in hand, which will be your key enabler to attain that quantum-leap across segments (e.g. from strata title to a landed).

Low square-footage won't buy you much mileage to transcend, especially when the market turns and if back-to-back buy-sells is to be your investment MO.

Definitely the bigger the better coz increase in psf multiplied by a larger area will yield greater earnings. The issue is for some bros here, they can only afford up to a certain quantum for CCR and their reach is probably only up till 2 mil, which was why I suggested buying 2 outskirt ptys at a million each than one CCR at 2 mil which won't gain much traction in terms of gains.
↡ Advertisement