Japan: Osaka - Holiday in Osaka

Slowwalker

if you are thinking of moving quickly from osaka to tokyo, you can also consider taking a domestic plane. Many a times, I find it cheaper than shinkansen. And you go straight to Haneda which is quite central tokyo.

thats correct. basically you add both up. total is 13000jpy. Thats why it's quite ex. You can pay for 8k fare but you cannot board the super express trains. And so you'll stop at every station.

You can try paying 8k but take the super express trains, but got 95% chance of being checked coz inspector will come round to check ticket during the long journey from 1 station to next station. Basically super express skips many stations in between. But I don't find them faster in general.

Somemore, travel on flight....can see nice nice stewardess.....inspector on shinkansen I always met is males leh. Only the one selling food/drink is female. On these ANA flights, you still get free drink leh. But not alcoholic ones.

Same same bro!

I bought a Nikon D80. Bought it at a special promo somemore. Figured out that I saved at least $400! [lipsrsealed]

But anyway, for my case the Nikon digital camera body only got local warranty in Japan. Same like if I were to buy in Singapore. Only Singapore warranty, no international.

Fujifilm got international warranty but strangely it's more expensive in Japan than Singapore.

Turbocharged

Local warranty for digital cameras and int'l warranty for film cameras.

Your menu is in Japanese when you buy in Japan?

I thinking of going Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka later this year F&E too.

Neutral Newbie
Hi Guys,

Am going to Osaka, Japan for a short trip(1week).

Planned to take train to tokyo from Osaka as well.

Might stop over at Hakone on the way to Tokyo if time permit us.

All feedback and advise are welcome....

Thanks in advance [:)]

I suggest go Kyoto .. just 1 hour train ride away from Osaka ... Dunno about you but I like to visit the ancient castles and temples when I was there [flowerface]

Hypersonic

For my camera, manual is in Japanese. But I manage to download the english manual from the internet.

This is the part i dont understand.

e price list saying upper 8000Y is basic rate.

Lower one 5000Y is super express surchange?? [:/][:/][confused]

If you are travelling a lot in Japan, you may want to consider getting the one week JR Rail pass. With the pass, you will get unlimited rides on JR Trains, buses and ferries, including the Shinkansen and the NEX (Narita Express). Think the cost of the one week pass is about S$500.00, which you must purchase before you arrive at Japan.

You actually buy a coupon, which then you exchange for a passbook at the airport in Japan.

I did that before, which in turn translated to savings. But this pass is not valid for the mountain train at Hakone, which is a not to miss.

The JR Pass can be purchased from JAL and ANA offices, plus one more, which I cannot remember, do a google and you should have all the info you need.

travel on flight....can see nice nice stewardess [gorgeous][inlove][inlove]

Thanks for all the advise, we plan from OSAKA --> Hakone --> Mt Fuji --> Tokyo(Take flight home) with 3days and 3nits, is it enough?

Hakone - 1 day, Mt Fuji - 1 day, and 1.5days we head back to Tokyo airport.

This is the part i dont understand.

e price list saying upper 8000Y is basic rate.

Lower one 5000Y is super express surchange?? [:/][:/][confused]

If you are travelling a lot in Japan, you may want to consider getting the one week JR Rail pass. With the pass, you will get unlimited rides on JR Trains, buses and ferries, including the Shinkansen and the NEX (Narita Express). Think the cost of the one week pass is about S$500.00, which you must purchase before you arrive at Japan.

You actually buy a coupon, which then you exchange for a passbook at the airport in Japan.

I did that before, which in turn translated to savings. But this pass is not valid for the mountain train at Hakone, which is a not to miss.

The JR Pass can be purchased from JAL and ANA offices, plus one more, which I cannot remember, do a google and you should have all the info you need.

yup.. i read abt that too. But my first 3.5days is guided tour. So i left with another 3.5days F&E only. So with the cost, i might not consider taking train liao. Its too exp to travel on train. I tot the office is at Hong Leong Building (JAL Office)??

Neutral Newbie

First and only time I went Osaka was on business trip ... but on the weekend managed to book a day trip to Kyoto cost around 1500Yen that time 1998 ... dunno how much it will cost now ... but it was worth it ...

Osaka have a huge and famous castle; just ask around the people will tell you ... I don't speak japanese but the train folks really helpful .. you can ask students for help as they are most likely able to speak Engrish [:)]

with 4days, how many place can i cover??

Options;

1) OSAKA, Hakone, Mt Fuji and Toyko(home)

2) OSAKA, Hakone, Mt Fuji and OSAKA(home)

3) OSAKA, Hakone, and Toyko(home)

4) OSAKA, Mt Fuji and Toyko(home)

5) OSAKA, Mt Fuji and OSAKA(home)

6) OSAKA, Hakone, and OSAKA(home)

And, from Mt Fuji, how long takes to travel from Tokyo?

↡ Advertisement