Japan: Osaka - Holiday in Osaka

Slowwalker

Wont feel it. Find it rather slow still. laugh.gif

But if allow, there are double decker type more ex and its suppose to be faster.

↡ Advertisement

I would disagree as I find Tokyo easier to move around, cos less bicycles. Train transfer also clearer and easier.

I last spend about 7days in Japan and love it very much.

Was at Koyoto, Tokyo, Osaka and cant remember where else. Would love to go back again.

I enjoyed myself at the Disney Sea and would like to try the Land next time. The rides and Disney is very pleasant and they staff really make you feel vey happy. I was there last nov and they have X'mas theme. thumbsup.gif The rides are short but enjoyable.

As for Universal Studio their rides are extreme esp the dream ride. But didnt felt as happy as I as when at Disney. Maybe cos the staff not as friendly. But in general the ppl in Japan is very friendly. Once I asked for direction, the guy actually came out of the shelter in the rain and lead us for about 200m in the rain while we were nicely protected in our jackets from the rain. thumbsup.gif Kudos to the gentlemen and best of all he did speak much english.

Humeji among the castles and temples we visited was the most majestic.

All colleagues, but mixture of both gender.

Confirmed all not going for shopping but scenery , but cannot guarantee they will changed their mind.

Haven come to conclusion where to go yet. Will gather all the infos given by all the bros here and discuss.

For the JR pass....need to take many trips to be worth it. For TS, I think he only want to travel from point A-B. Or at most 1 stop in between. Furthermore Osaka and Tokyo shinkansen fare not too expensive, furthermore he needs it 1 way only.

yup, the fare i gathered so far from OSAKA to TOKYO will cost me abt SGD$265 to SGD$350, depend on GREEN OR BASIC for one way. Alt, 7 days package @ SGD$500!! if u travel alot, then is worth it. For us, we only need it at most, 3~4days, or from OSAKA to TOKYO.

Like some1 mentioned here, might be cheaper to take a flight than train. Will check out the flight price...

ya I think many bros here got very good info.

Let me give you 1 link just in case you want to check airfares from Osaka to Tokyo. But be careful that there's many airports around.

http://www.ana.co.jp/eng/index.html

ie, in Osaka got Kansai, Itami and Kobe. If you are coming from Osaka city, very likely you are nearer to Itami. Taking an airport bus from hotel to Itami also cheaper than Kansai.

In Tokyo, there's Narita and Haneda. If you are taking domestic flights, most will go to Haneda and it's very near to city. Narita is so far away..

Hrrr....i think sakura season over liao right ? [confused]

Tot still have? saw the nice boom from newspaper.. [:p]

Turbocharged

I went F&E with the Mrs to Hokkaido 2 years ago. It was wonderful. Food was heavenly. The Japs are nice polite people. Everything was orderly and neat. No ang mo. Few foreigners except when in the hotel. Exciting onsens. Wowee!! [bounce2]

Going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka this year end. [bounce1]

That some1 seems so familiar .... hmm. [laugh]

But hey, some other bro also mentioned about Tsukiji market. Ya I think it's a good idea also. But I hate queuing up to eat at those small sushi shops at Tsukiji and it's not cheap to eat there. But it's an experience to go and see.

Good idea to start your day at 4-5am. For me, I didn't go so early. I took the first few Metro train there. Probably go around 6am? came back to hotel around 8-9am?

(edited)

2 weeks boom boom only. Me very lucky. Saw it while I was there in apr. see if can find pictures.

edit: Seems like cannot attach photos leh. Size only <100kb. maybe server temporary got problem?

Edited by Kianbeng

cannot lah. You F&E....must have discipline. Want to sleep, come home then sleep. [;)] Ask your wife to tahan with you. Got 3.5 days, minus travelling time and you got very little time in Japan. So must chiong! But like what many said here, don't chiong long distance just to touch and go.

Very hard to sleep on the go unless while taking the train from Osaka to Tokyo. Coz I think he's on F&E in Tokyo so he probably have to take public transport to move around. In this situation, he needs to see where he's going (if Metro or JR).

But of course if he just joins a tour while in tokyo, then he can sleep on the coach lor while they are driving.

↡ Advertisement