Japan: Osaka - Holiday in Osaka

Slowwalker

Kobe - can visit the Kobe Potopia amusement park. Introduced in the early 80, Last went 1999 still around. Small though.

Kyoto - Kinkaguchi and Ginkaguchi. You can take the Keihan Main Line to Kiyomizu Temple and there's a 13 Hand buddha temple.

↡ Advertisement

1 thing to note if you are leaving from tokyo to singapore is that you have to usually take a limo bus or the Narita Express (NEX) which is quite some distance (about 1hr+) + some cost (3000JPY/pax). It's just some extra cost you might want to factor in.

Sometimes many ppl even take international flights to places like Osaka (Kansai) and change domestic flights to Haneda.

Seems like you got a open jaw ticket (Y class at least?) that allows you to depart from any international airports to sg? Thought normally for company retreats, they will just buy the cheapest ticket ie, GV4, GV2 or at best E class individual tickets. Those tickets, if you enter Kansai, you must exit Kansai.

Ok... thanks for the info, point take note.

From what i know, my ticket can be depart from any internation Airport. [nod][nod][thumbsup]

For Osaka shopping, it's mainly Umeda in the north (go in the day) and the Shinsaibashi/Dotonbori area (go in the night - sibeh happening on weekends).

Lookout for several boliao landmarks like the drummer clown, the Glico man, the big spider crab, the big fugu etc. dunno why they're supposed to be famous [confused]

I tend to disagree, I find navigating Tokyo a breeze compared to Osaka. Maybe cos Osaka got too many bicycles and the rail is not too direct as compared to Tokyo which is direct transfer.

Disney Sea is thumbsup.gif Universal rides are more thrilling and longer as compared to Disney which is shorter but the experience there was much better. It really make wifey & me very comfortable and relaxed. Intend to revisit the Disneyland next time round. wink.gif

disney land ? nothing much la .. unless you are there to relive your childhood fantasies .. a lot of float parades and street dances though.. for rides , you are better off at disneysea

1 thing to note if you are leaving from tokyo to singapore is that you have to usually take a limo bus or the Narita Express (NEX) which is quite some distance (about 1hr+) + some cost (3000JPY/pax). It's just some extra cost you might want to factor in.

Sometimes many ppl even take international flights to places like Osaka (Kansai) and change domestic flights to Haneda.

Seems like you got a open jaw ticket (Y class at least?) that allows you to depart from any international airports to sg? Thought normally for company retreats, they will just buy the cheapest ticket ie, GV4, GV2 or at best E class individual tickets. Those tickets, if you enter Kansai, you must exit Kansai.

If your trip is not an open jaw ticket and would like to get 2 way trip, you can get a 20% discount 2-way ticket. The return ticket will be valid for one month. I'm going to Tokyo again this coming tuesday on A380! Can't wait!

hi guys,

thanks for all the feedback and tips that given to me.

managed to survive at Japan for 8days and 7nites.

covered Osaka - Kobe, koyto, Tokyo - hakone, mt fuji, shinjuku, subuya, ginza and Akihabara.

• Praise 1

i enjoyed koyto the most [:p]

got a lot of souviner to see and buy....i bought a teapot set, lunch box set and an owl green tea leaf burner [rolleyes]

one of my firends, he is short, dark and speak excellent jap

i think he said his jap is university level one [scholar]

every year he pilgramage to jippon

then he will go the shinjuku

according to him, the pimps will only let jap [pirate] enjoy jap [gorgeous], if not, they will push chena [gorgeous]

so one day they appraoch him and ask him want jap [gorgeous] or not

he say in jap, he not jipponese

the pimp [shocked][shocked][shocked] ,say sure or not [confused][confused]

then pimp quickly recommend him chena [gorgeous]

Now I wonder, say I speak very good jap and mistakenly taken for one. The pimp introduce me a japgorgeous.gif, I take. Then inisde room, the japgorgeous.gif found out I am not jap, how? Me kenna sodo-mee? Anyone got x'perienced?

↡ Advertisement