Driving up Kukup

Ironstarz

I can only tell you that the trunk road up to Pontian has no potholes but some surfaces are not very good.

Security is not a worry since Pontian and Kukup is generally a safe place.

Just don't keep too left if you drive at night as the kampungs along the way got people walking or cycling at the side of the roads.

↡ Advertisement

Any good restaurants to recommend in Kukup? I don't get any good comments from Virtualtourist.com, mostly overhyped, overpriced and lousy food. Some of the names mentioned were High King, Causeway, Long Huang, New Kukup and etc. Any good one that serves good food at decent price with good parking space?

Thank you.

Regards,

Supersonic

I went there one time and look around. The place was stinky, dirty and I think quite unhygenic.

Don't think I want to eat any seafood there. [sweatdrop]

So I turn around back to Pontian Kechil. At least I think I can eat without the thought of food poisoning.

Sorry, don't know any good restaurant there.

So bad har. No wonder can't get any good recommendation on seafood restaurant in Virtualtoursit.com. Wondering where to find good seafood without driving too far up. Thanks.

Regards,

Better choices if you drive to Pengarang.

If you are lazy to drive, take bumboat from Changi to Pengarang.

Been there a few times liao, so looking for a new spot. Thanks.

Regards,

Supersonic

That was after I went to use the toilet. You know everything you do drop direct into the sea.

Think you dare to eat the seafood there?

Turbocharged

That was after I went to use the toilet. You know everything you do drop direct into the sea.

I went to the kelong before. Toilets were directly above the water where the fish swam.

Fish served for dinner were taken from the same water region.

I went to the kelong before. Toilets were directly above the water where the fish swam.

Went last weekend. Very easy route to get there. Quite educational for the kids [thumbsup]. Didn't dine in any of the seafood restaurants, since Virtualtourist comments on them are no good.

Probably go stay in the resort a night for the experience.

Regards,

You may be right. Again, I doubt they go through the troubles to fish at sea for your meal. Those fish that you eat there were probably bred in the Kelong. We visited the Kelong and most of the nice fishes that we eat were bred from the net. I saw them catch the live fish from the kelong, de-grilled them on them on the spot and cooked them when we visited a resort that have its own kelong.

Regards,

There are two types of kelongs. One is for breeding fishes and another will lower their nets and raise it at certain tide level to catch live fishes or crabs.

There are two types of kelongs. One is for breeding fishes and another will lower their nets and raise it at certain tide level to catch live fishes or crabs.

Didn't know there are 2 types, may be also have a "hybrid". I guess the later usually don't have a hut built on the Kelong.

Regards,

Heard there is a durain plantation on the way there. Somewhere near Pekan nanas. Anyone passed by there and can confirm?

Thanks

Heard there is a durain plantation on the way there. Somewhere near Pekan nanas. Anyone passed by there and can confirm?

Thanks

Yes, you will get to pass by the Durain Plantation.

Regards,

Hrrrr....which resort do u have in mind har ? Can elobrate ?

I dont mind going visiting there for 1 nite just for the experience. [sunny]

I only went into 2 of them, one is Hong Shu Ling and the other one is BeiJing. Probably have to do some research from the web. No immediate plan of going there as children having major test/exam next month. Probably late May or June.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement