Finally, Perodua's Terios/Rush !

Mach

Neutral Newbie

Yes it is made in Japan. So in summary there are 4 versions.

1) Daihatsu Be-go (JDM)

2) Daihatsu Terios (For export market)

3) Toyota Rush (JDM)

4) Perodua Nautica.

If not mistaken, it could be a rebranding of Be-go for export market.

Neutral Newbie

In a way yes. Toyota acquired Daihatsu in the late 70's so it's under the umbrella of Toyota. Where else Perodua joins venture with Daihatsu, tapping on Daihatsu's technology, produces Malaysia National Car. One good example would be the Kenari, clone image of Daihatsu Move (Sold in Japan and exported to some countries), manufactured & sold in Malaysia & Singapore.

If you happen to surf by Taiwan website, the Kembara by Perodua is actually the first generation of Daihatsu Terios.

One something which I don't understand is that why cars manufactured & sold in Japan has to be of different brandings from those to be exported. Few typical examples are:

1) Mazda 2 (latest model) = Mazda Demio (JDM)

2) Suzuki Ignis (End of life) = Suzuki Swift (JDM) not many on the road

3) Nissan March = Nissan Mica (JDM)

4) Toyota Picnic = Toyota Ipsum (JDM), not many on the road.

Neutral Newbie

Actually Toyota Rush and Daihatsu Terios, the long model is also manufactured in Indonesia.

The was plan to make the short version in Indonesia as well but due to the plant capacity, this did not materialize.

Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

I don't think so. Before the car was launched, the 7 seater seater Terios was already in STS workshop. One of the workshop mechanics bring me to the workshop where the 7 seater was parked.

It's made in Indonesia instead of Japan. Just like Daihatsu Sirion, lf Perodua brings in myvi which rides on the YRV engine, then there'll be a sales conflict between the two companies. [lipsrsealed]

If you notice why BM discontinued Yaris is because it will affect the sales of the new Vios. [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Well, it's made in Japan. According to a reliable source, the Perodua Nautica is priced around RM89k. We cannot compare a car manufactured in Boleh land Vs Sashi mi. QC for Japs car are high and you have to factor in the labour cost as well.

As I got quite alot of pals who drives myvi and the feedback is that the car constantly need to go back to the workshop for defects that are still under warranty. Imagine a 6mths myvi, need to change head lamps, disc brake ect ect. That suggest the QC is not up to standard as conmpared to Japan.

For what I know, Japanese seek for close to perfections for cars manufactured. [sunny]

Neutral Newbie

Well probably yes. The long wheel based 7 seater Rush. I believe that it could be made in Japan. Unlike the new 7 seater terios which is made in Indonesia. Personally I fing that the car is abit over priced.

Neutral Newbie
Actually Toyota Rush and Daihatsu Terios, the long model is also manufactured in Indonesia.

The was plan to make the short version in Indonesia as well but due to the plant capacity, this did not materialize.

Cheers.

Are you taking about JDM model of Rush? From what I know, there's a Daihatsu production plant in Indonesia that manufactures cars to make the car more affordable for Indonesian.

Neutral Newbie

I doubt so. Then there will be a sales conflict between Perodua and Sin Tien Seng. Let's see what the PIs can do to bring it in as 7 seater Rush if the demand is there or even replace Rav.

↡ Advertisement