How much workshop estimated repair cost would you then decide to claim insurance?

Foofam77

Neutral Newbie

assuming the excess is $500....

and to make things easier, there is no NCD at this moment

need some opinions...

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Careful about the NCD part, besides having no NCD next year, you might have loading onto your premium. For me, if the whole repair cost is about $650 to $700, think I'll just bargain for a little lesser from the workshop and pay for the damage myself.

that depends on ur current premium and the opportunity cost u forgo nxt yr(10%) plus the loading.if its less than 1.5k, then claim is much better. if u r driving what they determined as performance car category ins, its better to not claim, as other companies in the subsequent yrs may not want to cover u (blacklisted).

Neutral Newbie

if 1.5k repair, the claims would comes up to about 3k. my dad car was rear-ended few mths back.

estimated repair cost is about 1k, 3rd party wans us to claim from his insurance.

when the discharge form is here, the total claim amount is $3700, including $360 of loss of use for 3days.

reason is becos the price they claim is according to agent price. for eg one corolla bumper outsides sells $300, however borneo sells it for $700, so claim amount would be $700 instead of $300. the extras goes to the workshop. thus they would prefer u claiming agiainst insurance.

my dad car got into accident about 7 yrs ago. hit someone elses rear. brought that guy to our workshop and did repairs for both car insurance, claiming from my dad car insurance. in the end the workshop covered the excess for us. onli diff is the nxt yr premium increased.

Just a personal recap of my lgt. Involved in an accident (no other parties) 1 year ago.

Was with AIG then, excess was $2000 cos dun have NCD. Claim repairs up to $9K+, the following year my insurance premium shot up from $2.7K to S$3.2K.....According to e boss of the authorised wrkshop, he tried to cap the claims under $10K so tat it wun affect the next premium by so much.

yah bro...wad u said is correct.... [nod]

Best part is when the wrkshp can help u cover excess...

↡ Advertisement