• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
134 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

Nikolaiski69
  • Nikolaiski69
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Saw it last friday...photos here:

http://www.sgcarmart...le.php?AID=1213

Looks good..not too bad..

2.0X going from $77K and 2.5XT from $87K

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

any fuel guzzler?
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

M1122
  • M1122
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Wah I like the price compared to tomyam T badge thumbsup.gif Fuel guzzle so what? Already get upfront saving from price of car. Guys who wanna really save on petrol - go by 800cc car or something like that lah bounce1.gif

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Nine_eleven
  • Premium member
    Nine_eleven
    5th Gear
    Author Image

i think this new model makes the outgoing model even better value.

but not so good stuff is its agricultural 4 speed auto... the 2.0 is underpowered, the 2.5 turbo is better.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:39 AM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

understand that both the 2.0 and 2.5 Forester are all sold out after the launch.jawdrop.gif
looks like Ah Seng really did his job. thumbsup.gif

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:02 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Very soon when crude oil hits the US$200 a barrel mark u'll see these cars in the "u know where"....
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:04 AM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

sgsupermart:)

on a frank note, people who buy this car will know whats in for them...same for wrx owners so i think that barrel thingy's price is not a concern for them...hopefully

Edited by Accordvtec, 19 May 2008 - 01:07 AM.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:13 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nowadays I see wrx cruising within speed limits and hardly see any doing traffic lights sprints. If u tell me that fuel price is not a concern, I dunno what is. unsure.gif
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:15 AM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

i still see some mad ones around...zooming and zipping as though fuel no need money

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:27 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe those are going to sell it off, hence last chance to drive like that. laugh.gif

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

thumbsup.gif good one...many of them in the carmart though...

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

Irene
  • Irene
    5th Gear
    Author Image

May i know what is the declared FC for this new Forester? 2L.
---------------------------------------------------------
To Engineer is Human, but to Dance is Divine!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just saw a SJE plate 2.5XT in my MSCP since last Sat. The new model look much better than the old model.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

Irene
  • Irene
    5th Gear
    Author Image

So is it taller than the old model? From pics from website, it looks like SUV.
---------------------------------------------------------
To Engineer is Human, but to Dance is Divine!

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:09 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry I dun work for motorimage, maybe u call them to find out. wink.gif

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Sparcoray
  • Premium member
    Sparcoray
    4th Gear
    Author Image

totally agreed that this model looks much beta then the out-going ones (no offense to anyone as just a general comment).
The soft-launch price for both models are quite attractive and some features are lacking in these two models as compare to the one that are advertised in the internet. Overall it looks like a SUV than a crossover, imho.

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

Linusloh
  • Premium member
    Linusloh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Seen and had a short test drive. No time to fully appreciate yet...
Was told the omv is abt23k.

Anyway, it's a great improvement over the old one.
Larger, longer wheelbase and wider.
It's abt the same size as the CRV.
It's a large sunroof, larger than the CRV 2.4. But back row floor is not totally flat. Sl hump.

The engine and interior is quiet and almost vibration free at idle. V refined. It's engine of the year anyway...heh...
But the drive...I like it! The turbo comes on pretty quietly, but can feel the car pulling away nicely.

just tt the interior trims not so nice, although well tot out and put together.

Some pretty nice small touches, like the hydraulic mounted bonnet. Isofix x2 for the rear seats. rear seat middle portion folds out to cup holders.

V viable option for those with a small family and still want a car which drives well, with power to match. I think I wouldn't even consider fuel consumption once u start driving it heh

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I havent seen it yet...sad to say.... blush.gif

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

so whats your decision?
coe bidding this week liao

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:29 PM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

May i know what is the declared FC for this new Forester? 2L.

i think FC is quite subjective one..depends on driving style and condition

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Subaru Forester

Subaru Forester  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Snowwgn  |  Neutral Newbie

SJG5

Heard from most people the reliability of SJG5 and its performance. The drive is indeed smooth. On paper although the bhp is much higher than a Golf GTi, but the pick up doesn't deliver the kind of punch vs. GTi. Overall is a good car for a... » Read More

Subaru Forester

Subaru Forester  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Joker2  |  Neutral Newbie

Great value for the money

Purchased the Forester XT back in Sept 2015, the price hasn't fluctuated much since then. Unlike the luxury SUV's out there Subaru prices the Forester reasonably, in fact it's significantly less than a WRX too. Apart from the WRX being a 4d... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Subaru Forester

Quick Reply

Tags: subaru, 2008, forester, suv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users