New 2008 Subaru Forester

Nikolaiski69

Turbocharged

no leh.. i thought my lgt is a looker, compared to saab (uncle-like) and volvo (boxy) tongue.gif

↡ Advertisement

are both the forester and the crossroad selectable 2 WD models or are they all time AWD ?

the interior of the forester looks quite cheap though, and i think it will be a heavy fuel guzzler.....not the best time to launch a new SUV with price of crude oil at all time high....

SUV is quite a dirty word in terms of fuel consumption

It's subjective actually. Let's take a CR-V 2.4l for example. Consumption ranges between 9-11km/l. That's pretty normal isn't it for 2.4l Japanese car? FC for the Camry and Accord is also similar.

Neutral Newbie

good car, the 2.5 turbo has potential for mods .. with tunning intake and exhaust, easily get another 30-40 hp on stock turbo

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Too bad no manual version. [:/]

Dear All,

I went to the subaru showroom this week and happened to find out from one of the senior sales staff that they can bring in the manual version of the forestor if there are at least 5 numbers. The cost for the special indent will be spread amoung the 5 owners and I believe we should be able to get a good price. Having a manual version, it will have 5-speed, comes with additional Hi & Lo gear, easy to maintain, cheaper to replace parts, save fuel and more powerful as we can pass more...

Those interested, please pm me with contact number so that we try to negoiate for a better price...

Please see below for the AWD demonstration that prove a lot of ppl wrong....

Thank you

I hope my dream to drive a true manual suv version may come true..

Alex

Edited by Alex31

Neutral Newbie

I just checked out the car and did a test drive, they say its FC is 10km/L. The handing of the steering is soft and the overall of the drive was good but i notice that the interior finishing was abit disappointing. All around are hard plastic casing.

Neutral Newbie

Dear All,

In order to have competitive pricing, the agent brings in the basic model, as additional feature will incur more cost. However, a quick visit to the only agent (Apricar) reveals that they bring in auto/manual version of the 2.0 XT Turbo that is a much better quality and it suits better in our local market. However, it does not come with Sunroof and the indent period is 2-3 months. 17" rim with SI mode...quite a good buy at $88888 or 87000 for manual......

The PI also can bring in the basic manual version but my friend tell me I should go for the Turbo version since the weight is about 1.5 ton...need more power to move this car....

But bottom line is that my current car is not fetching any good price and need to top up at least another 8k..looking at the current market now..

Too bad no manual version. [:/]

Dear All,

I went to the subaru showroom this week and happened to find out from one of the senior sales staff that they can bring in the manual version of the forestor if there are at least 5 numbers. The cost for the special indent will be spread amoung the 5 owners and I believe we should be able to get a good price. Having a manual version, it will have 5-speed, comes with additional Hi & Lo gear, easy to maintain, cheaper to replace parts, save fuel and more powerful as we can pass more...

Those interested, please pm me with contact number so that we try to negoiate for a better price...

Please see below for the AWD demonstration that prove a lot of ppl wrong....

Thank you

I hope my dream to drive a true manual suv version may come true..

Alex

interesting link on AWD.. wow, didnt know "some other" makes of 4-wheel drive don't reall behave like one on the test. Subaru AWD really dat good huh?

Neutral Newbie

Everything about the car is ok except it is 4 speed auto. [thumbsdown]

Subaru is not known for their interior.

What is best is the rear seats are build with a lot of leg room as compare to the previous model and rear seats can incline like Latio Hatch.

For a 6 foot guy also no problems. [thumbsup]

A 2.5L turbo with a nice spread of torque from down low don't really need that extra gear like a NA car.

At the 3rd (close to 1:1 ratio), there should be enough grunt to overtake 95% of the cars out there to beyond legal speeds. The forth is there for betta fuel consumption and lower engine noise at cruising speeds.