New 2008 Subaru Forester

Nikolaiski69

Partly true... not only power but also good in handling.

Their cars are AWD, so good in wet condition or cornering.

For my guess, even if i will to drive other SUV, FC shld be

around that range or even worse... So, if were to save on fuel

then avoid SUV. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Bro, why EJ16 not as powerful as the rest of the 1.6 is very simple. It has no snail. When carlover76 generalized subaru engine as powerful, I believed he meant the turbo series. Just like most will associate subaru with WRX/STi. For powerful NA, there is always honda dude.

Neutral Newbie

Me and my wife was checking out the Forrester today and this is what she commended 'how come air-con not automatic climate'

I agreed with her, quite a big switch off considering most 1.6 sedans have that function but overall she is ok with the car as it is one of the cheapest jap made SUV around (we looked at murano and cx7 and she loves the size and shape of both vehicles but way out of our budget)

so now trying to convince her to get the turbo 2.5 one. hehe.

Edited by Hatasan

There is no difference (to me ) in auto climate or manual control.

cabin will be equally cool / cold with either one.

Edited by Adawang

Neutral Newbie

to me the difference is obvious. one is digitalized and one press of the button at the temperature you are comfortable with is all there is to it. as for the other, its a matter of turning two (speed and temperature) to get at the temperature you want.

it's a matter of ease if you ask me. if not, why (car manufacturers) do it other than the fact they can?

are both the forester and the crossroad selectable 2 WD models or are they all time AWD ?

the interior of the forester looks quite cheap though, and i think it will be a heavy fuel guzzler.....not the best time to launch a new SUV with price of crude oil at all time high....

SUV is quite a dirty word in terms of fuel consumption

It's subjective actually. Let's take a CR-V 2.4l for example. Consumption ranges between 9-11km/l. That's pretty normal isn't it for 2.4l Japanese car? FC for the Camry and Accord is also similar.

yalor... my latio already give me around 10+ only... a 2.4 with 9-11 is [thumbsup]

ya,

set the thermostat to low, the fan blow harder.

Its hard to get the fan speed right for my liking, so

I just use the manual control instead of auto.

Neutral Newbie
what happens if I want say 26degrees but fan at the max? Is that possible with a fully auto climate control?

I don't know. Is there a fully auto climate control without the over-riding manual option?

But just curious, why would you need a fan at the max when you have the right temperature? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Audio control on steering wheel and reverse sensor is a gimmick too if you ask me but most cars comes with it now as standard. If not, we would still be winding our windows now so as to speak. [laugh]

Me and my wife was checking out the Forrester today and this is what she commended 'how come air-con not automatic climate'

I agreed with her, quite a big switch off considering most 1.6 sedans have that function but overall she is ok with the car as it is one of the cheapest jap made SUV around (we looked at murano and cx7 and she loves the size and shape of both vehicles but way out of our budget)

Check out the PI's JDM 2009 SG09 Forester if you fancy the climate controls instead of the MI's knob AC. The JDM Forester is a 2.0 turbo instead of the MI's 2.5 and the former comes with SI drive which is intelligent drive mode from eco, normal, sports and super sports although the 2.5XT also comes with Sports mode. But you'll miss the HUGE sunroof which the 2.5XT comes standard. Currently driving the 2.5XT, given a 2nd chance, I might just take the PI's version and opt for a sunroof for addtional $5K.

imo, the climate control is just gimmick.

mine has, but the fan varies according to the temp, ie, lower temp, higher speed.

there are times the temp is just nice for me, but the fan just only 1 bar.

so i always adjust manually, climate control not used..

↡ Advertisement