New 2008 Subaru Forester

Nikolaiski69

My friend driving the 09 model 2.0X(NA) FC is around 9-10km/L with 17inch rim

As for me, i'm driving the previous model 08 2.0X (NA) getting 12km/L with 16inch rim and light-footed. End of the day, its your right leg which is controlling the FC. :D

Frankly speaking, my previous ride is a "T" badge Tom-Yam car and most of the time FC is less than 11km/L and only once in my 3 years driving can achieved 11km/L.......after the failure of my Tom-Yam car with engine problem, i swear not to buy any "T" badge car ever again in my life........as well as the Bloody agent pushing away all fault with their 101 reason [jawdrop]

Before buying my 1st 1.6L car, heard many ppl saying Subaru car are big drinker (So ended up buying the 1.6L Tom-Yam car and thinking that it will last me for 10yrs).....When i bought my Forester, i don't really care for the FC anymore and all i want is a reliable Japanese car and after driving for sometime, i was surprise that the FC is hell lot better than my previous ride.

If you really like SUV, just go for it and don't think too much about FC......go with your heart and you will love driving it.

Edited by Lemonade78

12km/l? You have a super good FC. Keep it up. [thumbsup]

Last few tank i can obtained 520-540km with 45L of Petrol pump in. Actually now still on Semi-syn as the car is still running in till 10K [:p]

Edited by Lemonade78

My friend driving the 09 model 2.0X(NA) FC is around 9-10km/L with 17inch rim

As for me, i'm driving the previous model 08 2.0X (NA) getting 12km/L with 16inch rim and light-footed. End of the day, its your right leg which is controlling the FC. :D

Frankly speaking, my previous ride is a "T" badge Tom-Yam car and most of the time FC is less than 11km/L and only once in my 3 years driving can achieved 11km/L.......after the failure of my Tom-Yam car with engine problem, i swear not to buy any "T" badge car ever again in my life........as well as the Bloody agent pushing away all fault with their 101 reason [jawdrop]

Before buying my 1st 1.6L car, heard many ppl saying Subaru car are big drinker (So ended up buying the 1.6L Tom-Yam car and thinking that it will last me for 10yrs).....When i bought my Forester, i don't really care for the FC anymore and all i want is a reliable Japanese car and after driving for sometime, i was surprise that the FC is hell lot better than my previous ride.

If you really like SUV, just go for it and don't think too much about FC......go with your heart and you will love driving it.

hi there,

dun mind me asking.... have you notice noise coming from your transmission when moving off slowly from standstill, and occassional noises like *crok crok*?? [confused]

Hi Mrbms,

Didn't notice anything on my transmission with such abnormal sound.

i think you need to send your car to agent or the other subaru workshop for check-up.

The only thing i notice on my car is the slight on and off vibration during idling (w/o aircon ON) and was told by the mechanic that this is a norm on Subaru.

Hi Mrbms,

Didn't notice anything on my transmission with such abnormal sound.

i think you need to send your car to agent or the other subaru workshop for check-up.

The only thing i notice on my car is the slight on and off vibration during idling (w/o aircon ON) and was told by the mechanic that this is a norm on Subaru.

me thinks da 'crok' sound comes fr da air-con.. nt siwtch on no sound

will ask da mechanic on next visit

ya the slight left/right shake of da car is normal for a boxer i guess [drivingcar]

Nowadays I see wrx cruising within speed limits and hardly see any doing traffic lights sprints. If u tell me that fuel price is not a concern, I dunno what is. [:/]

Does not mean u have a sports car u muz redline it everytime from the lights. On the contrary, those that i see doing red lights sprints r always japanese car sedans, like doing drag race like that.

Does not mean u have a sports car u muz redline it everytime from the lights. On the contrary, those that i see doing red lights sprints r always japanese car sedans, like doing drag race like that.

it is like you have a big tool and dont need to show off too much, while the one with small tool have a ego issue

[blush] I sometimes do traffic light sprints.

STI and WRX "Red lights sprints " seems tone down a lot on this owner...however, Getz and Jazz seems more fierce recently and some have Turbo charge and BOF...Pisss...pisss...Pissss.... [sly]