• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
242 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Poll: Fuel System Cleaner ....do u use? (207 member(s) have cast votes)

1. STP (54 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. Redline (30 votes [14.49%])

Percentage of vote: 14.49%

3. Sonax (11 votes [5.31%])

Percentage of vote: 5.31%

4. Coral (1 votes [0.48%])

Percentage of vote: 0.48%

5. Others (31 votes [14.98%])

Percentage of vote: 14.98%

6. No need (55 votes [26.57%])

Percentage of vote: 26.57%

7. What is it? (25 votes [12.08%])

Percentage of vote: 12.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:33 PM

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

ôLive for nothing or die for something, your call. - John Rambo?

~~~~~~~ [url "http://wolverman.blogspot.com"]CLICK HERE IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE[/url] ~~~~~~~

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:51 AM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

unker wolfy.. ur post boh seng li arh?

better ask kar chng cleaner then..

mebbe can solicit some answer
Signature is not allowed.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:57 AM

Sickscientist
  • Sickscientist
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Cheepoot! Now u come in as salesman for additives?? sly.gif

..AGREE To Disagree..

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

Chickennehneh...
SONAX is POWER~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~ [url "http://wolverman.blogspot.com"]CLICK HERE IT MAY SAVE YOUR LIFE[/url] ~~~~~~~

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:14 PM

Linus
  • Premium member
    Linus
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

use redex for fogging session.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image031.jpg

Edited by Linus, 23 May 2008 - 05:16 PM.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

Weichien
  • Weichien
    5th Gear
    Author Image

does it really work?

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

Octopus
  • Premium member
    Octopus
    Supercharged
    Author Image

So far have tried STP the black bottle, the clear bottle and the silver bottle. Also tried Prestone brand. Didn't notice any significant difference though.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

YES it does...

Some ppl here swear by Redline...i havent tried but bought a bottle...
i got the Sonax and now first half tank i noticed an average 2km/L economy increase... i bet my injector is full of gunk....

dont get the injector cleaner ( 8-12 bucks) get the Fuel system cleaner (20-30 bucks) ...

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya. I also use Redex once in awhile. It's been around for maybe 30 years. Still trust it most.

Tried the other brands but still prefer Redex cos it the most cost efficient.

1 bottle can use for dunno how long. BTW I use the concentrated type which 1 bot can treat about >200 lit. Not the 1 bottle for 1 tank of petrol type.

Best to use when going for long drives like to Cameron or Kuantan. thumbsup.gif

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:15 PM

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

how much is redex? didnt see it le ... is it the chepo msia brand?

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:17 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Redex when I use can feel the engine smoother. Even notice the idling increase abit.

Long ago I use & instead of the engine "chug chug" when I turn the starter, it goes "chhhhhhh, chhhhhhh". I think it is cos the engine is smoother. confused.gif

Anyway I still use it once every 10K km to clean the system just b4 I do my oil change.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No lah. Redex is USA product. They got 2 types. 1 is a bottle to a full tank of gas. The other is 1/5 bottle for every 20 or 40 lit or something like that.

I don't follow the instructions exactly. 1st pour, I put abit more. Then every top-up of petrol I use abt 1/5 bottle. 1 bottle about $12 only.

But recently I noticed the price keep going up? smallcry.gif

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

temp high.. FC will increase.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:29 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya but what has that got to do with the additive? U mean it cools the engine down so FC better? I don't know if the additive can cool the engine down much.

I tot is cos it's smoother(less friction) so FC better? But of course less friction does mean less heat too.

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

UncleWolve
  • UncleWolve
    Banned

OMG I MUST GET REDEX!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Image031[2].jpg

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This car is not using additive lah. He put in jet fuel by mistake. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

Apollo
  • Apollo
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

nothing to do with it.. anyway got check ur tieyar pleasure boh? i pump liaoz. FC maintained.

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

Linus
  • Premium member
    Linus
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

have not tried other brands yet. only used redex into the injectors and rev till the white smoke is gone. lighter throttle response. wink.gif

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:10 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Try a bit of 2T oil in your tank.
You'll get the same smooth engine feeling.
It's much cheaper than redex.

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:25 AM

Albeniz
  • Albeniz
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

YES it does...

Some ppl here swear by Redline...i havent tried but bought a bottle...
i got the Sonax and now first half tank i noticed an average 2km/L economy increase... i bet my injector is full of gunk....

dont get the injector cleaner ( 8-12 bucks) get the Fuel system cleaner (20-30 bucks) ...

Have not tried STP/Redline myself.

I was told that Shell Vpower is actually Shell 98 + some cleaning agents.
Did notice that FC improves from 9.5km/L to 11.2-11.8km/L.

If engine cleaning does help in FC, I may consider getting Redline to try out.
But mine is an old engine, excessive cleaning may result in engine oil leakage for my case.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Fuel, System, Cleaner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users