• What is it?

Supersonic

Try a bit of 2T oil in your tank.

You'll get the same smooth engine feeling.smile.gif

It's much cheaper than redex.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
YES it does...

Some ppl here swear by Redline...i havent tried but bought a bottle...

i got the Sonax and now first half tank i noticed an average 2km/L economy increase... i bet my injector is full of gunk....

dont get the injector cleaner ( 8-12 bucks) get the Fuel system cleaner (20-30 bucks) ...

Have not tried STP/Redline myself.

I was told that Shell Vpower is actually Shell 98 + some cleaning agents.

Did notice that FC improves from 9.5km/L to 11.2-11.8km/L.

If engine cleaning does help in FC, I may consider getting Redline to try out.

But mine is an old engine, excessive cleaning may result in engine oil leakage for my case.

yeah, not all of them tho.

used to see some at mobil petrol station at old woodlands road too.

No lah. Redex is USA product. They got 2 types. 1 is a bottle to a full tank of gas. The other is 1/5 bottle for every 20 or 40 lit or something like that.

I don't follow the instructions exactly. 1st pour, I put abit more. Then every top-up of petrol I use abt 1/5 bottle. 1 bottle about $12 only.

But recently I noticed the price keep going up? smallcry.gif

Where you get your supply of Redex from? Interested in giving it a try. sly.gif But need to add with every petrol top up? sweatdrop.gif

Is it the red colour liquid? I think I may have seen it in Autobac or AMK NTUC? confused.gif

i believe auto parts shops at alexandra village should be selling them... saw the bottles a few months back.

Supersonic

Redline.

My fc was steadily dropping at one point, and I was surprised to see it went up after using Redline, even though I was just looking for it to clean the fuel system.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
Where you get your supply of Redex from? Interested in giving it a try. But need to add with every petrol top up?

Is it the red colour liquid? I think I may have seen it in Autobac or AMK NTUC?

i got mine at home-fix-it IMM. the redex concentrate

Edited by Dr_darth

Try a bit of 2T oil in your tank.

You'll get the same smooth engine feeling.smile.gif

It's much cheaper than redex.

what are the side effects?

i am interested [sly]

Supersonic

You need to get the best synthetic 2T oil you can find.

It must be smokeless, ashless.

Apparently, the best type suitable is Pennzoil Marine 2T found in JB, but I haven't go there yet.

Currently, I'm just using Putoline, about $15 a litre.

I used a ratio of 1:1000, some people use 1:500.

The potential side effect is damage to cat, but using ashless synthetic should reduce that risk.

2T lubricates the fuel system, fuel pump, etc....a little like adding compressor oil to coolant.

I've tried...

1. STP Fuel Injector Cleaner (Black Bottle) - Estimated FC upz by about 30-50km. Engine very responsive with RON95 but can't compare with using RON98. Engine gets progressively less responsive after the initial dose on Shell & Esso/Mobil but not on Caltex.

2. FP60 - Engine slightly more responsive. Estimated FC upz by about 0.8 km/L. Good for regular maintenance. Partially solves my issue with erratic fuel gauge sensor - stablising it. Normal dosage, the cleaning of the fuel gauge sensor (and fuel tank) seems slow. Ignition timing advances slightly.

3. Redline SI-1 - Estimated FC upz by about 0.8 km/L with initial dose and subsequent maintenance dose. Engine feels responsive. Does a good job, almost immediately, cleaning my erratic fuel gauge sensor (and fuel tank) - seems better than FP60. IIRC, ignition timing advances slightly but lesser than FP60.

For the previous SI-1 formulae, an initial overdose upz FC and make the engine very responsive.

Probably I'm a FC freak, but averaging about 9-9.9km/L with maybe around 10/90 Highway/City driving, I guess every bit counts!

I've been wanting to try REDEX. It seems to come in different packaging with some looking like old stock and has been on the shelf for a long time. Any1 has any idea whether is there any shelf life or a location which has newer stock?

nothing to do with it.. anyway got check ur tieyar pleasure boh? i pump liaoz. FC maintained.

====================

I pump my tyres every 2 weeks or so. Agree it's also very important for good FC.

have not tried other brands yet. only used redex into the injectors and rev till the white smoke is gone. lighter throttle response. [;)]

=====================

I now too lazy to drip Redex into the carbs(my earlier cars used carbs).

Now I just put the concentrated Redex into the fuel tank & let it do it's job. [thumbsup]

But if u see white smoke coming out, I think it means u put too much liow. [shocked]

bro.. any idea how this redex look like?? got how many types of it??

never heard of this brand also.. mostly see Sonax and STP.. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement