• STP
    • Redline
    • Sonax
    • Coral
    • Others
    • No need
    • What is it?

the bottom one.

we took out the spark plugs and pour it to the injectors.

err...looks like the top one is for injector cos the label printed Petrol Injector Treatment.if i am not wrong, both are the same thing. just different packaging from different countries. one from UK, the other from australia.

↡ Advertisement

haha.. i have not use STP before. i have also seen quite a few STP products in the market.

perhaps those who have used STP can share with us on the right one to use.

ya lor...when u compare tha price of STP n Redex...

really buy cannot down the redex ah...at least doubled the price kumpare to STP [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

sis, fm my little knowledge <$10 one, black colored bottle is fuel injector cleaner

da silver one, $20+ is a complete fuel system cleaner - supposedly better than the former

not to worry [sly][sly][flowerface]

destroy cat besides increase emissions, what is the drawback?

=================

U cannot pass your vehicle inspection & they wil ask u to replace a new cat which costs a few thousand bucks. [sweatdrop]

Is that enough drawback? [sly][laugh]

yes bro, NSH is da way to go thumbsup.gif

downshift to a lower gear and stay there for about 15 mins or so, rev up and up up and away....

==================

Wah [shocked] 15 mins the engine & gearbox chow tah already. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

should be ok lah.. we maintain around 5K rpm for at least 1.5 hour.. still running good.. but not our own car..tongue.gif

the bottom one.

we took out the spark plugs and pour it to the injectors.

You mean pour it into combustion chambers thru spark plugs opening? Cos injectors should be under pressurised...sweatdrop.gifyup, that is exactly what we do, take out the spark plugs and pour into the openings.

thanks for the clarification. [;)]

just a wild thot..wonder anyone tried pouring fp60 into spark plugs opening? will it have the same effect?

Ok, I just had a look at the bottle. Its called Redex Fuel Sprint and says its a fuel system cleaner. Its not the same as the 2 pics posted earlier.

i saw it at jb giant. its rm16.99. How is effect after using? any improvement?

I tried mygreenoil 1 mth ago...gosh fuel increase by 50 to 70km?usually full tank 470 to 480 after that become 400 to 410 light up?wats the problem?anyone can help?

Well maybe the oil is not so GREEN after all. [sly]

Try to use only those proven brands & use as light as possible like 0w30 or 0w40. U can get many recommendations here. I am using RP 10w40 & find it pretty good for my driving style. [thumbsup]

Try to search under "engine oil" or similar & see what the bros & sis here recommend.

MyGreenOil was selling at 6 bottles for $20 some months back(no longer available when I checked last week). Bought some to try and it does enhance the fuel somewhat.

What I got was not so much fuel savings... but the engine was smoother and easier to rev... power was somewhat improved abit. It felt that the petrol was easier to combust. [rolleyes] My autogear changes was also less jerky......

Neutral Newbie

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/writeup.php?AID=82

nah.. a rough test on older and newer cars..I used that FP plus lubricant..i think it's like FP60. The Hyundai Getz had somewhat of a difference, but only on the 3rd full tank as tested. New Chevy Optra, as expected, no diff at all. No "increase in economy even in new cars" as claimed by some (but not by this FP thing though)

I wanna try a controlled experiment for these few brands soon..will keep you guys posted

↡ Advertisement