Chery T11 gear problem

Keppy

Neutral Newbie

Posting on behalf of a friend.

Got a new chery T11 1.6 and the problem is .....

this car cannot go up slope on Imm carpark in 2nd gear.

when engage the RPM never go up. so hv to go up the cp all the way using 1st gear... not much ppl in the car only driver n 1 passanger. anyone knows why??

Chery mach say this car no power so hv to drag 1st gear to 4-5k RPM to be able to go up in 2nd gear why??? any long term damage other than petrol in long run??

Will ask friend to monitor this thread.. thanks alot!!!!

↡ Advertisement

I assume its manual gear.

I think many China cars gear ratio is too high. It makes for good fuel consumption on flat roads. China still relatively less multistorey carparks, so they design mainly for straight roads.

Becaus of the gear ratio their 0-100km/hr acceleration figures can go up to 16-20seconds.

Please loh....there will be no long term damage if you use 1st gear to go up IMM all the time lah.

If you use 1st gear to go up and down genting, maybe there may be overheating problem.

But in Singapore....its ok lah....not many high mountains/carparks.

maybe he go at peak hour? traffic at a crawl, of course cannot change to 2nd gear.

or like sis leepeeee has said, gear ratio [nod]

Neutral Newbie
maybe 1.6 Manual

then from stop he attempt to go up ramp?

2nd gear will certainly stall it

of cos never stop n go la

Neutral Newbie
(edited)
I assume its manual gear.

I think many China cars gear ratio is too high. It makes for good fuel consumption on flat roads. China still relatively less multistorey carparks, so they design mainly for straight roads.

Becaus of the gear ratio their 0-100km/hr acceleration figures can go up to 16-20seconds.

Please loh....there will be no long term damage if you use 1st gear to go up IMM all the time lah.

If you use 1st gear to go up and down genting, maybe there may be overheating problem.

But in Singapore....its ok lah....not many high mountains/carparks.

So what you suggest??? u r only telling me tat gear ratio but can u kindly also put in ways to improve?? thanks.

Another thing is TEST Drive car is not like that at all and SE's car also not like that. During test drive she did go up a ramp but there is movement from RPM at 2nd gear..

Edited by Keppy

Neutral Newbie
maybe he go at peak hour? traffic at a crawl, of course cannot change to 2nd gear.

or like sis leepeeee has said, gear ratio [nod]

of cos i wouldnt ask such a no brainer question and kena such ans from u right??

eh.. i cannot be complacent and assume leh [blush]

good tt u clarified. means chery either super no power or has weird gearing or maybe a combination of both [:p]

Ok....ask you friend to lend me his car for half a day.

I will verify for him what is the probable design fault in this car that does not allow a 2nd gear up slope capability.

There are thousands of reason I can think of.

Maybe there is a gravity sensor that detect the steep slope and limit the engine and gear to 1st gear only, safety feature! You know to prevent high speed overturn on steep slope!

if the mechanic said that , go test drive another T11 - this time only climb multi story carpark nia , and see if there's actually a issue.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Keppy. I went IMM before. Driving a 2003 old 1.6 Manual Lancer. Second gear at about 2k RPM can go up liao.

Anyway, there are a lot of reasons why the car refused to go up. As seen in your previous posts, you want to have a solution so I am giving it now to you.

1) Change car. China cars are craps. No offence but be realistic. China cars to me are rubbish.

2) Change engine.

3) Suck it up and use first gear. Seriously, there isn't any solution to this. China cars as I have mentioned before, are craps, sxxt and rubbish. It is a joke car of the century.

Neutral Newbie

seriously i dont even know why u r replying to the post....

perhaps if my friend kena 1mil toto i can ask her to consider ur VALUABLE advise. [hur]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

sis, i dont think its possible leh... half a day... haahha u got to be kidding.. maybe u can go test drive one n see the diiference..

I dont think China cars are so advance in their technology also looking at the way they make their cars... will actually did advise her not to get it liow but... sigh.. [shakehead]

Edited by Keppy
↡ Advertisement