Let me try answering u from the little experience i have
1. I'm new to Triathlon and I have some questions.
2. The 1st event is swimming at the sea. It seems like must swim suit and a swim cap. Wonder what short of swim to get?? As I only know what is a swimming trunk . I assume the organizer will help to look after the bicycle and my belongings during the swim. - there are suites specially for triathlons which u can swim, bike run in, some people prefer to run in their trunks, but u can put on a t-shirt after the swim or a pair of running shorts over the trunks
3. After swim, how to change out the swim suit and trunk ? Do they have a toilet to put on t-shirt, short, running shoes and helmet for the next cycling event? when I start to cycle, who take cares of my swim suit, trunk and etc ? after the swim u enter into a transit area where ur bike would be parked neatly with ur assigned lot. u would also have left a pair of shoes/socks, and change of clothes at ur allocated spot, no changing room, just put on ur shoes and whatever u intend to wear for the bike n run
4. After the cycling, where to park the bicycle? again, who takes care of the bicycle and my helmet? Anyone know what is drafting? What is a race belt and a race bib? after the bike, u park ur bike at the allocated area and proceed for the run, it's a area marked out for competitors. race belt and race bib, they'll issue u yah? it's ur race tag basically, need to wear during bike n run, they'll also marker ur arms n legs w ur number. drafting, me not sure
5. If during the running event, want to go pee, can go visit toilet? eh u r guy yah, just run to the side where there are bushes n get it over n done w, will see many people doing so, but the best is to settle b4 the race or during the swim bike n running time don't think u'll feel urgent liao
by the way, i'm no triathlete but my ex was, so i know a bit lah...
just to add i just took part in the metasprint triathlon yesterday in changi... my first ever :)
the swim was not easy because i was in the middle of a group and i got kicked left right centre. the fastest fellas who are at the front did it at around 12mins for 750mins.
in a pool that's about 50s/50m, over 15 laps. i realise the kick from a breastroker is far more painful than a frontcrawler. No swim trials needed. If you sign up they assume you can swim.
after swim, run to transition area where your bike is parked beforehand (one hour before your race). This is a secure area. No wrist strap, no entry. Change at your bike, no changing rooms.So most will wear the same swim tights and just put on singlet with bibs already pinned. Its tough because drafting is not allowed. Marshalls are on motorbikes and shout if they see you drafting, and you get a 2mins penalty. Do get a proper road bike (an entry level one will do). Some think 'oh i just wanna try and see' and then rent the bikes provided by organisers. These are bangla class mtbs. Its heavy, slow and energy sapping. You will get demoralised seeing road bikes whizz past you.
then park bike at same earlier transition area, change shoes then run. This is the toughest for most. Your legs are wobbly/crampy even before the run. The fact that the run part started at midday for most saw many drop out midway. i think peeing is the least of your concern here. Your main worry is to get enough water in.
here's the timings for yesterday's race, for your reference :)
seems like its an angmo dominated sport here.
this is for 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km runmetasprint results